or Connect

Posts by azgolfer22

You don't have to keep your right elbow in front of your body but you don't want it getting way behind you.  Watching the "on the range" show on golf channel the day before a tournament I see a lot of pros practicing with a resistance band holding there elbows close together.  For righties this helps you get the feeling of keeping your right elbow close to your left elbow at A4 and then if you start your swing by sliding you left hip towards the target your hands will...
when trying to hit a draw the balls are just flying straight right of the target. like a push.  i dont know how far right they start but at the range it looks like they are landing about 20 yards right.  hard to estimate from 150 away and at night. 
i'm completely happy with my grip and swing.  i was just wondering that in order to draw the ball the club face must be closed to the path.  with my crazy grip and hand position at impact is making it impossible to get a consistent draw.  since i'm right handed do you think it would work if i roll my right wrist as i'm swing in to out? and maybe practice by hitting a tee a few inches in front of the ball on the target side and about an inch or so on the outside?
thanks for replying.  i get a lot of people that say the same thing.  i don't need to adjust my natural swing i just want to add a draw.  i'm happy with pars on tough left hole positions.  just trying to pick up a stroke or 2 per round by getting closer on those holes by using a draw.  so you can get a feeling for how i came to the conclusion that my arms are to far forward try this.  stand at address and press the club towards your target until your hands are at least...
Hey buzz,   New here but your problem sounds like its right up my alley.  Had the same issue.  I'm a total lower body swinger that trust in my hands that my eyes will lead them where they need to go.  I realized, without thinking that this could be the issue, that my hands where way to forward at impact and I would hit the ball crazy to the left at a 45 degree angle like you said.  Just do a normal practice swing and stop at impact and notice where your hands are.  If...
hello,   After about a year and to many trips to the range I finally found a consistent swing with a straight ball flight.  Everything I read I tried and it didn't work.  It didn't work because I found out that my hands are way to forward at impact.  By way to forward I mean outside of my lead leg.  Being that far forward caused me to open the club face a bit at impact and thus I had kind of a very late low fade or my ball went miles into the air.  So to hit the ball...