or Connect

Posts by Mizzyluvr

Never tried the RBZ driver. I did have an R1 but traded it in for the RBZ Stage 2 tour. Much easier for me to hit it straight and long. I had the tp x flex shaft in the R1 and when I was swinging well, it performed very well. When I was off a bit, it was just too much club for me. Hit my brother's stage 2, liked the feel and how "easy it was to hit" and when to look for one. I've had it for a few months and it has really helped my game. I do have a RBZ tour spoon (x flex)...
The realityWell, I guess we'll agree to disagree. I gave you my personal example of getting significantly better results with newer technology in my driver.I've seen way too many folks improve their shot quality and maintain their distance with new technology. with your swing speed of 131 Mph you are a "freak of nature". You would likely hit 7 iron farther than most people's drivers. we mere mortals need all the help we can get. I do agree that there is a limit to how much...
I'm definitely a fan of new technology. I'm 52, reasonably fit, and can hit the ball fairly well for an "older guy". That said, a "long drive competitor" I'm not. I upgrade or trade equipment fairly regulularly and I find the newer equipment allows me to maintain or increase my distance while substantially increasing forgiveness. That increased forgiveness then frees me up to "go after it" without fear. I'm hitting it farther, and straighter than I ever have. I too had a...
Glad you had a chance to play Ft. Mill. Agree it is a fantastic walking course. Don't worry, once the grass starts growing again it will be much nicer. Unfortunately, the rough will also be growing! It's been a brutal winter and most courses are pretty soggy - they are all a lot more fun in a few weeks. I've found one of the best parts of the Ft. Mill membership (I actually do the joint Springfield/Ft. Mill one) is that you get reduced rates at all the Springs owned...
All the courses really start plying more "normal" once the Bermuda starts to green up and grow again, usually late April, early May. We need warm nights and that's not going to be happening for awhile. Looks like you're not afraid to travel a bit to play. A couple of other good ones to try are Red Bridge (Locust, NC) and Edgewater near Lancaster SC. Usually you can get some good deals and both are worth the trip.
So have you played Ft.Mill and Springfield yet? If so, what did you think?
Congratulations on your progress! Very impressive. I definitely think you're on the right track. Excellent observations - thanks for getting me to think about some key positions that I've drifted away from - no wonder my ball striking has been inconsistent. I really like how you were observant enough to notice the quality of ball striking of your friend and that your swing/results were so different....and then worked to make the improvements you did. Great suggestion on...
Great question. It's an interview process so there is potentially some trial/error involved. Don't sign up for multiple lessons without making sure you and your instructor are on the same page. A good place to start is to try to understand what type of student you are and your personal learning style. Are you a "feel" learner " or a "visual" learner? Are you analytical and need lots of data ? Do you have some better golfers that you know? Ask them who they use and why....
I can usually tell on the first tee whether someone has 1) played golf as a youngster 2) had lessons, or 3) hasn't had lessons. Golf, like most of life is what you make of it. If you really want to improve and maximize your potential , you need to get some type of formal lessons. All of the best athletes in the world in every sport, including golf, have professional instruction. If you want to be YOUR best, you should too. I'm not saying you can't get very good going...
+1 on the Ft. Mill recommendation. The group that owns them has four other courses in the area, Springfield, Lancaster, and Chester. All in South Carolina, just over the border. I live in the Ballantyne area and Ft. Mill and Springfield are about 20 minutes away. Very involved golf groups at both courses and some pretty good players. You would have no trouble finding a competitive game. Memberships are very reasonable. Courses are in good shape and well run. Welcome to...