or Connect

Posts by Mwferguson

Yo Ernest, I have 2 cents for you. I have to first say that I am not a stack and tilt guy right now. But I am doing some self education.  Having said that, I have personally lowered my handicap every year. I have even dropped my handicap while having 2 kids being born. One is two and the other is now 7 months old.. The reason I feel is practicing the right things the right way. And I stopped going to the range everyday. I now go maybe once a month during the off season...
Getting basic setup fundamentals is a necessity for good consistent golf. I know you have key #1 to work on already. As you do those reps, I would make sure you are getting into a fundamentally solid setup position. If you look at most if not all pro golfers, you will see they have their spine angled very slightly back with the head just behind the ball. I feel like I just bump my hip a little toward the target and let my spine tilt slightly. From a good setup position...
Hey Erik,You don't think his hips have opened up to early looking at the FO view above?  I think most people would say that his hips have opened 45 degrees or so already and his hands are only around waist high. He continues to open them a bit further into impact. I am not familiar with your 5SK though, is this hip movement something that is ideal with your methodology?  I really love Tiger's position here. I think its a far more stable position. What are your...
Your very welcome! I must say,my swing was very similar to yours when I first started. So I noticed things that reminded me of myself a few years back when I was an 18 handicap. My back foot would raise super early just like your foot raises. Dead give a way for early hip spinning! I think Erik or someone made the comment that you were not spinning your hips? Not sure, but If I can draw your attention to exhibit A below :). I really don't think you could open them up any...
 All I am saying is its much easier to pull something down or let it fall than it is to pull that same object around your body. Thus less effort needed. Why is that? Its basic physics. But no worries, I agree to disagree ;)
Hey Gimpie, I see two items that could be causing your pushes or blocks to the right. The first and major item could be your club/arm position at the top of your swing. You take the club back to the inside and at the top of your swing your arms are very very very flat. This will create a tendency for you to get the club stuck behind you and force you to hit way out to the right as you make contact. I don't know if you have an issue with hooking the ball left are even...
I looked through your swings and its looking good!  One thing I did notice is your left wrist at impact is slightly cupped and looks like it is just slightly flippy. I had that issue and was hitting some fat and thin shots. If you can get it to be very flat even very slightly bowed at impact you will hit the ball further and a little lower as well. Once I addressed this with my own swing I got great results. Good luck and keep it up!
Thanks for setting me straight Ernest. What was I thinking? 10 cents? ridiculous! haha. 
What's wrong with the video exactly? I guess I don't understand. As long as the face is open to the path the ball fades and closed to the path it draws?  That is how I understand it. Looks like on the video looks on the video looks body is left of the target making his target line to be just left side of the green. After impact the club should be exiting left anyway.  What am I missing here?
It was just one of my first posts and first day on the site. I had no clue people made fun of grammar here. Admittedly it did rub me the wrong way as someone I did not know was poking fun at my mistakes. I mean, if it was a funny mistake I would be right "there" laughing with you. Maybe it was funny? I don't know. I do keep using the wrong form of there and their, so I am sure I deserved to be called out.  Anyway, no harm done.  Happy golfing!