or Connect

Posts by rap87

As to the centered pivot...I'll try to work on it but I'm a bit skeptical as to what I'm doing for show just because of how awesome the ball flight results are and I tend to make solid contact every hit.  For the first time I'm seeing Draws and the occasional Push, and very very occasional hook...Never anything starting left.  I felt the biggest thing next might be to get the wrists hinged more with the drop move.  I'll keep updated.  Have another lesson around 1st of...
No worries, might take a few days for me to get that.  I just recently adopted the "strong grip" from a more neutral grip.  My pro said I had the tendency to let the right hand go back to a weaker position.  He told me to really feel my right hand under the club, but it does feel uncomfortable as I'm not "used" to it.  I see the first 3 knuckles of my left hand but getting the right feel of the right is the issue sometimes.     I guess how does one know that I have the...
Gotcha, could you verify the Inside Out Swing change?  What I'm doing feels so dramatically different I'm not quite ready to add anything else in, but verifying that the club is on plane now versus the old would really help out the confidence at this point.  I have to say from looking at the ball flight and contact I'm very pleased but its nice to double check...
No problem, just didn't think anyone would want to dig through/read through all the stuff at the top to get to the new stuff at the bottom. 
I've been Playing Golf for:​ 7 months My current handicap index or average score is: 90s High 80s My typical ball flight is: Now a Draw or Push The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Pulls of any kind.   I posted awhile back and got some great tips and finally had my first lessons with a guy that has played on both the PGA and Senior PGA tour and who has also been teaching for years.  He liked my backswing actions but knew I had the wrong...
Thanks again @mvmac I will focus on this tonight at the range.  Luckily I have an unlimited range membership so I'm out there 5 days a week in the min.  I'll be able to put this drill to work ASAP.  I'll stick with just trying to keep my head from moving backwards.  I think I didn't resist that as much because my range pro acted like if I did I'd get a reverse pivot.  But what your saying checks out with Hardy.  Hardy had mentioned in a One Plane Swing you really want to...
Thanks very much for the reply @mvmac . Just so I have my understanding correct to know "why" I'm doing this.  Having a centered/steady head will allow me to see the golf ball more clearly throughout the swing allowing for my body/natural instincts to hit the ball more solidly?  Also I'm assuming if you stay more centered "getting over to your left side" would be easier?  As far as helping the OTT how does this work?  Is just the simple fact that the weight shift is easier...
I've been Playing Golf for:​  7 Months My current handicap index or average score is: 92 My typical ball flight is: Straight Fade (Out to In) The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Pull, I want to create a proper In to Out or In to In Draw, i.e. Straight Draw or Push  Draw.   Hey guys,   I've been playing for about 7 months or so, I first started to learn the fundamentals via Shawn Clement's WIG and it was very helpful in the beginning....
Can we say there is some sort of "gravity" move from the top of the backswing to the hitting area?  I think this seems to be the concept Shawn and even Miller here is talking about but maybe it isn't as "gravity" as scientific gravity is?  I'm wondering if I'm trying to "kill it" too soon from the top and that's the chicken wing reason but will get that on the line video when I can here.
I can see as a beginner the choice of one instructor is going to be key, he spends most of his video talking about gravity and the swing, his qualifications being pga player and plays scratch golf both left and right handed.     I'm not sure if its all just mental aides to get a swing whether or not its true or not but seems not everyone has the exact same idea of what the swing is.  I know there is a difference in modern swing vs classic swing but I figured fundamentals...