or Connect

Posts by rap87

Can we say there is some sort of "gravity" move from the top of the backswing to the hitting area?  I think this seems to be the concept Shawn and even Miller here is talking about but maybe it isn't as "gravity" as scientific gravity is?  I'm wondering if I'm trying to "kill it" too soon from the top and that's the chicken wing reason but will get that on the line video when I can here.
I can see as a beginner the choice of one instructor is going to be key, he spends most of his video talking about gravity and the swing, his qualifications being pga player and plays scratch golf both left and right handed.     I'm not sure if its all just mental aides to get a swing whether or not its true or not but seems not everyone has the exact same idea of what the swing is.  I know there is a difference in modern swing vs classic swing but I figured fundamentals...
Thanks for the reply, I'll get a down the line view up soon.  
This is the guy I've been trying to learn the basics from (slow mo of his swing at 4:30 :       Not trying to challenge your or anything, you obviously have quite the handicap and are much more skilled than I am at the moment, just trying to tell you what I've been trying to emulate.  My issue first was "swaying" left to right in the swing, but it was my understanding from him some up and down head movement is fine but not any sway.  I am noticing though his right leg...
I appreciate the response, however I am a bit confused with the slower swing part in a sense.  I'm thinking if I try to swing slower I'm going to start using my muscles to control the swing by trying to be methodical.  At least with my backswing I'm just turning my hips forward and then tossing it up into my backswing hoping to let gravity take care of the rest...where I am accelerating is on the downswing to help it through, but only after i feel the slight pause and then...
Here are some drill shots I was able to do that was recommended from WIG to fix swaying, if it helps in any  analysis:     Drills with no ball     1 Leg Drill w/Ball  
I've been Playing Golf for:​ 3 months My current handicap index or average score is:  Over 100 My typical ball flight is:  Straight or Slight Draw The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is:  Straight Left   Hey guys,  I'd love some advice.  I'm currently employing Shawn Clement's WIG style of learning, or trying to emulate the classic swing of Bobby Jones, Jack Nichlaus or say Tom Watson.  My issue at first was swaying which I think I have...