or Connect

Posts by Shantzman

About two summers ago, I was playing the 18th at Northern Bear with my wife, where a flock of geese liked to hang out. She pulled a three wood for a fairway shot, and proceeded to drill one in the back. The goose was ok, but my wide was so distraught she couldn't finish the whole. I'm glad this was the last hole. Of course five minutes previously, she was chasing them in a golf cart. Another time, I was with three buddies and we assumed we were the only ones around. ...
My fitting had a flightscope, it was quite interesting to see the numbers for my swings, and that is an interesting comment on the heavy shafts.  Its good to know that they help with control as my general problem is that due to my upper body strength, everything feels very whippy and out of control generally when I swing, so I did go with the heavy extra stiff shaft this time around.    I've also heard that Titleist tend to be more difficult to hit than most of the other...
Personally, I grew up playing a set of Ping Eye 2s, got down to a sub-10 handicap, and I found them very controllable and forgiving.  Played a set of Callaways for the past 6 years and I just haven't had any success with them, they just felt awkward to me.    The reason I went back to Pings was that every time I spoke to a multi-club dealer, and brought up the G25s, it was the same line, every set they sold, the customer was absolutely ecstatic with them.  The Club...
Tends to be that way,  I have an unusually upright stance, and the same arm length as someone who is 5'8
I'm in a similar situation to you,  I can't hit my driver at all, but hit my 3wood off the tee generally very straight, despite having a ridiculous slice if I even think about my driver.     I currently use a 13.5* Taylormade R9 which nets me 250+ off the tee, but I was just fitted for a new Ping G25 3 wood, so I am looking forward to that. 
Just invested in some major upgrades this past year, so most of my bag is new:   Driver:      Nike VR_S Covert Fairway:  Ping G25  3W  15*  5W    18* Irons:      Ping G25  4i-UW  Dynamic Gold X100 Shafts Wedge:  Ping Gorge SW 56* Putter:   Heavy Putter 
I was in a similar situation as yourself, clubs that were way off, and wanting to improve, I decided to go ahead with the purchase.  I did notice that once I had the right length and lie for me, that I was hitting the ball much straighter with the test club.      I just had myself fitted for new Ping irons and fairway woods, and the way I went about it was to determine, both through reviews and word of mouth, determine approximately the brand and style of clubs I...
I'm 6'2, and use a 39-40" inch putter, but I have a long torso and shorter arms, and have an upright stance.