or Connect

Posts by NJpatbee

Shortly after a round I believe that I can remember each shot but after a short while it is the exceptionally good and bad shots that stand out.  I never play 18 holes and then figure out my score and about the only evidence I have for remembering each shot is dissecting the round on the 19th hole, and many times it is a playing partner that will jog your memory about a certain shot (like the drive OB that cost the match).  I have a 9 hole executive course near my house...
IMO the Top-Flite Gamer and Gamer Soft are inexpensive 3 piece balls but not cheaply made in any way - they are an absolute steal.   I would compare Gamer to the NXT Tour and the Gamer Soft to the Wilson Duo, with the Gamers having the edge in both comparisons. Right now you can also get the Maxfli U/3 (3 piece urethene cover) on-line from Dicks for $15/dozen.   The Pinnacle Gold is a very playable ball but will not perform like the Gamers or U/3 on approach shots and...
I carry a 2h thru 6h and do not consider a 5 wood and 5h clubs of equivalent distances.  A well struck 5h off the fairway is about a 165 yard club, which was a decent 5i for me when I was hitting my mid and long irons.  I no longer carry a 5 wood since I hit the hybrids much better, but if I made good contact with a 5 wood it is about 190, which for me is a 3h.   If you can, give the 5W a try before buying and see if it is indeed a 5h replacement for you.
I don't see anyone on the PGA Tour today that is going to generate the amount of interest that Tiger did.  There are lots of great players and the true golf fans will have plenty to watch and cheer about, but the loss of the global social appeal of Tiger will cause TV ratings, and perhaps purses, to drop.  Even when Tiger withdraws it generates more national news coverage than the actual tournament.
I have played the e6 and would equate it to the Titleist NXT Tour, both good balls.  However I find the Gamer, Gamer Soft, and Maxfli U/3 all superior balls, usually avavilable at a lower cost than the e6.
I went to a pro about my constant early season blistering and he basically said that I was watching Fred Couples' swing too much and that my grip was so loose that the club moved in my hands causing the irritation.  However, I still need the tape early season.   By the way, I use the tape before a blister can start since once they are created it is too late.
 That certainly seems like poor design since the hole is too long for most golfers that play the forward tees - unreasonable.  However, as long as there are multiple tees that are of the correct length for the anticipated golfers, I have no problem with how long the tips are.  I look for 6000 - 6200 and do not care what color they are.  At the same time there are some golfers that can handle a 7200+ yard course and enjoy doing so, so why not as long as there is a demand in...
It may be my level of play as an 18 HCP, but I am much longer (20-40 yards carry and roll) and much more accurate with my Ping G15 460cc Titanium driver than my Ping G5 3 wood.  Of course I must not be making precise contact with the 3 wood, but I find the driver the easiest of all the long clubs to hit (off the tee).
Early in the season I wear gloves on both hands along with tape or band-aids on the pressure points.  You may find them just as uncomfortable as gloves, but they make "athletic" band-aids which have a fair amount of stretch in them.  By mid-season I am still wearing one glove but with band-aids on both hands at the range.  It comes from not using the clubs for at least 3 months and not doing much in way of manual labor with my hands.  Give the athletic band aids a try and...
Looking at the small % of golfers that are of Korean ancestry and their success on the LPGA, to me it must be the amount of drive and dedication, disciplined values, obsession to excel, and love of the game that drives the Korean women.  I would put some of PGA Tour players from tiny Northern Ireland, Scotland, and South Africa in the same category.  Of course, most successful golfers have these attributes including Tiger, Bubba, and a host of others from the US, but for...