or Connect

Posts by NJpatbee

Good quick demonstration but I can't help but feel this will somehow lead to the claim that the Titilest Prov1 will perform for my 63 year old 18 HCP - I guess their 2014 marketing campaign had a long term negative effect on me!
I am not 100% certain what Monty meant by that statement, but IF he meant that Rory right now is better than Tiger was at his best, I would have to totally disagree - Tiger was playing a different game than the rest of the field and the shotmaking was phenomenal.  Rory has had an excellent short career to date, and he may approach Tiger's best but for the forseeable future I would use only Jack in the same sentence as Tiger in describing the greatest golfers ever.  Rory...
I vote no.  The use of the term "casual round" should not be confused with what I would call a "practice round" where the rules are not always adhered to and multiple shots are taken for the sake of working on different parts of your game or getting a novice (like my grandson) some on the course play.  About 10% of my rounds are practice rounds and the score is meaningless.  However, about 90% of my rounds are casual since I rarely play in a tournament, but I do play by...
I could use some new golf shirts and slacks but did not ask for anything.  I have a very personalized set of clubs and do not have a need in that category.   The best gift for me would be a much less severe winter than last year with an early Spring - not sure if Santa can deliver that.
Sounds like good marketing to me combining the extraordinary success of the Supersoft (notice the packaging) and the dedicated players of the Chrome +.
There is much I agree with in the article, but some key points where I disagree:   The notion that golf has become too expensive is primarily true in the case of certain private clubs or resort courses (i.e. Pebble Beach),   Most courses today offer some great deals and from my observation are no more expensive (relatively speaking) than 15 years ago.   The problem is due to a sour economy for the last 6-7 years when real income has decreased and even at bargain prices...
It was my father, uncles, and friends that eventually got me to take golf seriously.  My father tried when I was young and even bought me a set of lessons after I graduated college.  But it wasn't until I was 40 that I started taking the game seriously and at that time it was Norman, Faldo, and Couples that I watched.  As much as I admire the ability of many of the tour pros they have not been my inspiration to keep at it, even if only for 15 - 20 rounds/year.   I just...
For me, I am very happy with my distance for 63 year old (thank you Ping G15 and Callaway SS).  I do need to eliminate the 1 or 2 drives that are dead pulled or sliced into oblivion typically resulting in a tripe bogey or worse.  Next for me it is the wedge game, 100 yards and in.  For an 18 hole round I will typically miss at least one green from 70 yards out by 20 yards to the left (bunker, hazard, who knows).  I will also hit the ball fat chipping from just off the...
Welcome to TST and to the game of golf!  It certainly sounds like you are a natural to be at the level you are after 1 year - I have never been lower than a 15 handicap and started playing about 23 years ago.   I am not a doctor of any type but I am  63 and do have a bad back with a certain amount of degeneration in my lower spine.  I would encourage you to expand on the idea of adapting your swing  to compensate for issues caused by the back.  I know you are hitting...
I will join the chorus and say do not buy any type of pro tour ball (Prov1, etc.).  I am an 18 HCP and still avoid the high spin tour balls.  If you can find them used that is fine, but whether used or new I would go with balls like the Gamer, TF D2 Straight, Pinnacle Gold, e6, Callaway SS, etc.  Also, as other have suggested, if you can buy a large bag of balls discounted at Walmart or other retailer give it a go, chances are there will be few tour level balls in the...