or Connect

Posts by NJpatbee

I have had entire rounds ruined because of pressing personal or financial issues, but they have been few and far between.  On a typical round, there are usually 3-4 swings that sabotage my attempt to hit my goal of mid-upper 80's.  They are usually the result of not focusing on my shot at hand or rushing.  These errors range from skulling an easy chip across the green and into a bunker to just yanking my drive OB.  There are also times when I just do not execute well but...
The same is true for Maxfli, which us owned by Dicks.  There are some pros and cons, with the most noticeable pro is that you are buying golf balls directly from the manufacturer which allows them to be incredibly low.  A big negative is that Dicks does not rely on golf ball manufacturing, and if a certain ball does not have the expected sales numbers for a year they are likely to drop it.  This happened with the Maxfli U/3 which was the best ball I have played with for my...
I replaced my 2 through 6 iron with hybrids last season and at age 63 have my long and mid "iron" game back to where it was 15 years ago.  Even when I had a faster SS, my 2 iron from 200 out was a stretch and low %.  Now I regularly go for the green from 200+ and the chances of being on or just off the green are excellent.  And the 5 and 6 hybrids have me deadly from 145 - 165 yards out.  Full disclosure, I still carry my 4 iron for low running shots. 
I have holded out from bunkers several times but have never had an eagle.
+1 on this, regardless of the skill of the golfer trying to give me an unwanted lesson. 
J&J makes a "Sport" Band Aid that provides some extra cushion.  This time of year I look like a boxer as I use 10 pieces of regular first aid adhesive tape as my fingers toughen up after a 5 month layoff.  I have been told by different PGA teaching pros that I grip the club too tight or too loose.  I have stopped trying to analyze it and accept the fact I do not do physical labor with my hands and they lose their callous during the long off season.  I also wear a glove on...
I could not select from the choices since I prefer a 3 piece urethene covered or low compression ball with some spin but not tour like and are available for well under $30.  The Gamers mentioned above are all excellent examples and are one of the best balls in their class for under $20/dozen.  Now, hopefully Dicks will not discontinue them like the U/3 and U/4. 
It was fun watching the men and then the ladies playing their respective US Opens at Pinehurst.  However, Augusta National is probably the most pampered course in the nation with significant closed seasons to protect it.  To get the full effect of the Masters, the blooming azaleas and dogwoods would be preferred also, but I doubt the members would want the course trampled two weeks in a row.    I learn a lot watching ladies play, but they have to develop their own...
Once course I used to play on a regular basis had a par 3 9th and 18th, both water holes. The 9th was about 135 from the whites but 210 from the blues (fortunately I play the whites).  The 18th is 175 from the whites and 195 from the blues with water everywhere and a par or bogey is a very good score for my ability.  I do not mind the 18th as a par 3, but it has to be tough.  If I had my choice I like a tough par 5 where everyone has to reach back and go for it after...
They are both somewhat out of reach from Spieth, but Tiger has a lot more to gain with a top 10 or 5 finish.  Not that Rory will go into a coma, but to finish 4th or 5th would be a good showing with a good payday, but for Tiger it would be an enormous start to a comeback.  I have to admit that Tiger has surprised me.