or Connect

Posts by NJpatbee

Even as an 18 HCP I will have the occasional day that I will play well and shoot in the mid-80's hitting most fairways and draining a couple of long putts.  I can remember the first time I had one of my "A+" game days and had been paired with a couple of guys in their upper teens that were fairly new to the game, could hit the ball a ton but usually into trouble, but were a couple of good kids.  After the first 4 holes of which I had parred 2 and bogeyed 2 one asked me...
There is no reason to choose from the extreme ends of the golf ball spin spectrum.  Most of us would have a problem with the way pure distance balls run across the greens like a rocket.  At the same time, and some disagree with this point,  some of us turn fades into slices with a high spin ball, and often stop the ball on a dime on the green about 40 feet from the pin since we do not have a high trajectory shot.  But there are some in betweens that just might give you an...
I think most golfers would be willing to pay and additional 15% to have a 3 1/2 - 4 hours round instead of 5+ hours - I know I would (and do).  My regular course has 10 minute intervals and it does seem to help.  They charge a few dollars more and make their money and rarely do you get backed up.  A round on a busy weekend usually takes about 3 1/2 hours.  Of course this is just one psrt of the solution but it could help reduce gridlock on the course.
2015 Goals: 1) Avoid back injury with supervised strengthening and stretching exercises 2) Play 40 rounds - played 25 in 2014, never played more than 35 3) Sharpen up my short irons (they are the only ones I still use) 4) Dedicate 50% of my practice to the short game 5) Play 1/2 of my rounds without a penalty stroke 6) Lower my handicap index to between 15 and 16
Some beautiful courses, but if you want to talk turf, the Rutgers Golf Course in Piscataway, NJ is incredible.  Rutgers offers a 2 year certification program in Golf Turf Management, has a horticultural farm for research, and their findings are certainly reflected on the university course.
I post every round I play according to the USGA Rules of Golf into the handicap system, which is about 80% of my rounds.
I will be 63 next week and hit my drives a few yards longer than I did 10 years ago.  I have gone from a 320cc driver to 460cc, and there is an incredible choice of golf balls today to match my swing with.  I have given up the 2i - 6i and replaced them with hybrids and I am about 10 yards longer with the hybrids compared to the irons 10 years ago.  I am playing the same Titleist DCI OS 7i - PW and I have lost about 10 yards with each one over 10 years so I just adjust the...
The Gamer Tour is somewhat shorter (just a few yards) with the driver but just as straight - I do not worry about a fade wanting to be a slice.  Hybrids and iron approach shot distances are similar but the Gamer Tour will hold the green better.  I prefer the Tour urethene version for putting which is slightly softer, and short pitches and chips are more controllable with the Tour version.  However, as you know the Gamer is no slouch in any of these areas.  I compare the...
 I will take your word for it that you have found more cheaters in the 14-22 HCP range, but as an 18 HCP golfer playing 20 - 25 rounds/year my scores will vary by as much as 20 strokes.  Better golfers tend to be much more consistent and play at a higher skill level.  My last 20 scores this season have ranged from 86 - 105.  Five of my scores have been 100+.  Using the best 10 of the 20 scores, they range from 86 - 96 and I wind up an 18.  But in my case it is more likely...
For me, no contest - The Masters.