or Connect

Posts by NJpatbee

If a group of people want to play golf not according to the USGA and R&A rules I really do not care.  It is a way to get non-serious golfers out and enjoy the day and perhaps make some friends and perhaps fill some empty tee times on courses and sell some additional equipment.   But it is not what I want to do.  I am a relatively high handicap golfer but I enjoy tracking my performance against the established rules of golf.  For most avid golfers I would think that...
I say no.  Jordan is one of several young golfers that will likely dominate the game over the next decade and will no doubt win 6-10 additional majors.  However, Tiger was a phenomenon that went way beyond golf and drew non-golfers to their television sets to watch him crush his opponents in an aggressive way - he made golf "cool".  He also dominated a game that had a sad history of racial discrimination and became a folk hero to some whether they played golf or not.  Just...
I played the NXT Tour for years and switched to the Gamer - better ball at 1/2 the price with a choice of regular, tour (urethane), and soft.   I now play the Softfli because of the distance but the Gamer Soft is IMO the best all around of the surlyn/ionomer low compression balls.
I get it that some female golfers are great to look at, but as a 63 year old golfer I have been paying more attention to how the LPGA pros hit the ball. 
The Maxfli Softfli at 2 dozen for $25 is a steal if you like 2 piece low compression golf balls (Supersoft, PD Soft, etc.).  IMO it is the best of the bunch and least expensive. 
I .just verified with Dicks that the Softfli is 2 piece construction - but it will remain my ball because of the distance I get and good performance on the green.  It does explain why the 3 piece Gamer Soft has the edge on the green for my swing over the 2 piece low compression non-urethane offerings. 
It is unfortunate you cannot get the Maxfli Softfli or the Gamer Soft in the UK (mail order?) since they are in a different class than most of the other low compression balls I have played.  The DT SoLo is not a bad low compression 2 piece ball, but I would also try the Callaway Supersoft, TM Aeroburner Soft, or Nike PD Soft if you can get them.  I have never tried the Chrome Soft but it has great reviews and a urethane cover and is 3-piece design. The Gamer Soft is the...
The USGA list of conforming balls lists the Softfli as 2 piece.  The Softfli works well for me so I plan to keep playing it, but the discrepancy between Dick's advertising and specs and the USGA list and the halved ball picture in GD is interesting.  I suspect someone is in hot water at Dick's Marketing.
 I believe that Titleist knows that the Prov1 or Prov1X is the not the best ball for everyone, in fact a tour ball is best suited for low handicappers and tour players who can work the ball and take advantage of the balls spin characteristics.  For about 90% of golfers a tour ball is a detriment which Titleist also knows so they have a full complement of balls for the amateurs.  Like some of you have expressed, Titleist's clam that the Prov1 and X will "perform' for...
I played the NXT Tour for a few years and gave the Gamer V2 a try, and for my swing the Gamer was a better ball for half the price and I became a convert.  I have played the Gamer Soft recently as well as the DT Solo and the 3 piece Gamer Soft is by far the better ball for my swing.  I played Titleist only golf balls (non-tour versions) for many years because of their branding, but the market over the last 10 years has exploded with golf balls equal to or superior to the...