or Connect

Posts by NJpatbee

I will try and watch the show but there has been a lot of discussion on this topic already and many opinions given.  I believe that the cost of golf is the biggest factor in fewer people playing the game.  Economic strain also limits discretionary time which makes 4-5 hours for a round of golf difficult even if you are making ends meet.  The fact that golf is a difficult game is IMO the least factor since the advances in equipment have most of us hitting the ball better...
Probably an impractical idea but there is something to be said for playing with golfers of similar abilities, especially strangers.  I play as a single often and have had mixed experiences being paired with golfers that are way beyond my ability.  Sure you get to see some great shots but IMO my own game gets diminished in comparison.  I also know the tees that I want to play from but to some golfers it seems important to play from the same tees.  Just a personal thing for...
Most golfers are reasonable about allowing faster golfers to play through and also play at a decent speed themselves.  Unfortunately, it only take a couple of groups to bring an entire golf course to a crawl and is usually based on ignorance regarding how to play at a good pace.   Another culprit is mandatory golf carts with cart path only rules, and of course there are a few golfers that have no idea what they are doing but paid their green fee and if they want to shoot a...
I selected "neither" since I only played one links style course, Ballyowen in Northwest NJ.  I did not find it terribly difficult and do have much more trouble hitting the ball into the woods (It was also not windy and 48F).  And many of the courses in my area are not like parks between holes but are inpenetrable brush or woodlands.   There is also another style which was shown at the US Open at Pinehurst, and is also represented at Pine Valley and other courses in...
Not addicted, just an avid golfer (at least on weekends).  I have been addicted (cigarettes) and that was a whole different arena.
Here is my bag on sale (model discontinued): http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-BAGBOY-DATREK-HUNTER-GREEN-DUAL-STRAP-MEN-STAND-GOLF-BAG-Retails-for-149-95-/311009574603?pt=US_Golf_Bags&hash=item48699d7ecb
I replace a bag when it starts to fray or when issues like binding occur.  I typically expect 5-6 years out of bag that costs about $100.  Also, sometimes you just want a new bag for a change of pace - they are not a fortune and if you have the money why not get one?
I bought a Datrek Bag at the start of last season for about $100 and it is holding up fine and has all the features I need.  Most of the bags are in that price and higher (unless you get them on sale) seem to be of reasonable quality but are not meant to last a lifetime.  I doubt if I would get many more years out of a $250 stand bag and would not spend that amount of money on one.
As an 18 HCP, and as I stated in the thread linked to above, playing the right ball for your swing can make quite a difference in distance and your ability to work the ball around the green, which I am normally not on in regulation.  I do not believe the Pro V1 will work best for you, but do not believe that you can hit any rock and it will not matter because you are inconsistent - watching the ball roll across the green like a marble will not help that handicap.   Based...
Phil will win again and I believe he has another major win in him.  He is 44 but can still crush the ball and be a wizard around the greens.