or Connect

Posts by NJpatbee

All on-line using GolfNow or the course website.  
As an 18 I am in the lowest quartile of handicapped golfers and when asked if I am a good golfer my answer is always "no".  The USGA table is a good indicator of the handicaps for most serious golfers.  When you add in the other 80% of golfers compared to that group I am better than average.  But that includes golfer that play a handful of times/year and really are not concerned about golf. At the same time I can play well enough to keep  up with most golfers (from my...
Like it or not, all golf tournaments are not created equally. All majors bring out all of the top players and the conditions are tough. I do not attribute to Jack the idea that a major win is more of an accomplishment than a standard tour win, but I honestly believe that it is a bigger accomplishment due to the caliber of the field, the conditions, and the pressure of knowing that winning a major can change a golfer's career, even if he never wins another. For Jack to...
I am just hanging on in the second quartile and will probably fall into the third quartile at the start of the 2015 season (my first few rounds tend to be debacles).  I believe the graph is accurate for those that keep handicaps but from what I have seen getting paired up quite a bit, many golfers have problems getting out of the high 90's or low 100's.  I know some good golfers do not keep handicaps but believe there are many more casual golfers that play about 8 - 10...
Not a particular fashion fan but my 3 daughters and wife all know the supermodels.  In spite of the fact that some of the supermodels have ribs showing and may look a little malnourished, they are popular because of how they look with clothes on - they look great in anything. 
I have played all 3 of the Gamer offerings and can offer the following general comparisons based on my swing:   The Gamer is similar to the e6 or NXT Tour and a bit longer than both for my 90 mph driver SS.   The Gamer Soft is a 3 piece version of balls like the Supersoft but with a somewhat more solid feel than the 2014 Supersoft,  It is one of the best balls that no one is talking about and it did receive the Golf Digest gold award.     The Gamer Tour is a 3 piece...
I would select Beavercreek due to the lack of additional cart fees and the distance.  Living in the NY Metro I am very jealous of those fees!
Sandbaggers are looking to steal a tournament or your money - by far the worse of the two.  Vanity cappers steal nothing but are miserable to be paired with.  
The cost of golf in the NY Metro area has not risen, and in many cases is less expensive than 7-8 years ago.  You can be an equipment fanatic and change clubs every year or not.  So I do not think the cost has risen, but the amount of discretionary income that many people had has fallen.  For the casual golfer (@10 rounds/season) it could be the choice of going to dinner with the wife or hitting the links - if that golfer is not that serious about the game the clubs stay...
 As professionals, playing courses that are set up in a more challenging way than normal should be expected.  I do not see distance as having the most effect on today's pros with today's equipment, but more so the course difficulty and setup.  A 600 yard par 5 is not a problem for pros, but waste areas, deep rough, and devilish greens are much more of a problem.  They cannot always expect to score -24 with soft greens and wide open fairways when playing for so much prize...