or Connect

Posts by NJpatbee

One of the benefits we have from our current game having its roots along the shores of the British Isles - I think they add to the game.  However, one of the shortfalls of having many of the rules originating on seaside links courses is the rule that the only hazards are water or sand - a rule that I hope the USGA changes even if the R&A keeps it.
Yes, I have seen cheating in most scrambles I have played in and just try to avoid scramble formats.  
You didn't mention if you were having problems with your driver, but depending on the courses you play the driver can be an important weapon and at 460cc they are easier than ever to hit.  As far as the long irons, I went one step further and replaced all of my long and mid irons (2 - 6) with hybrids and my game has improved because of it.  I gave up my 4 and 7 wood, finding the hybrids much more consistent for my swing.  I don't know your age but I am 62 and in the last...
Tiger's influence helped with the surge in golf interest, but the robust and then bust economy was the largest factor in the increase and drop in the number of golfers.  Let's not forget that Tiger was the Player of the Year in 2013 and the number of golfers still dropped.  I suspect that without Tiger we would have had a somewhat less frenzied building of new courses,  and the economy would have us just about where we are right now in terms of number of golfers.  But the...
I would leave most of the game as it is - with today's equipment it is easire than it has ever been, especially playing from the middle tees.  I would correct the lame rule that the only hazards are water and sand (worst rule in golf), and allow for any area where the ball is most likely lost or unplayable to be marked as a hazard with red stakes.  OB stays stroke and distance.   Add green tees for novices and very short hitters.  Both of these changes will speed up play...
Having worked as a consultant for a number of companies that sold products to Walmart, Walmart typically sets the price it will pay for items. If your standard products do not meet their pricing expectations, they will offer to purchase specially branded items including golf balls, or their own brand for items such as razors, healthcare products, or clothes. Walmart buys in extraordinary volume so you must be large enough to accept a smaller profit margin on a large...
Enjoy those exceptional rounds, and expect there to be more of them!
Dicks made a poor business decision that golfers would need to buy the next 460cc driver every 6 months and that they could replace the small golf shop for club fitting and personal attention.  They will still have a golf section, but it will be smaller in its offerings.  I have to admit what gets me into Dicks are the Top-Flite Gamer and Maxfli U series golf balls and their sale items - I do not expect that to change.   If golf were only for the elite I would not be...
Top-Flite d2+ Straight, but it is not going to solve a wicked slice.   A couple of lessons will save you a lot of time, money, and aggravation.