or Connect

Posts by NJpatbee

I believe that Titleist knows that the Prov1 or Prov1X is the not the best ball for everyone, in fact a tour ball is best suited for low handicappers and tour players who can work the ball and take advantage of the balls spin characteristics.  For about 90% of golfers a tour ball is a detriment which Titleist also knows so they have a full complement of balls for the amateurs.  Like some of you have expressed, Titleist's clam that the Prov1 and X will "perform' for...
I played the NXT Tour for a few years and gave the Gamer V2 a try, and for my swing the Gamer was a better ball for half the price and I became a convert.  I have played the Gamer Soft recently as well as the DT Solo and the 3 piece Gamer Soft is by far the better ball for my swing.  I played Titleist only golf balls (non-tour versions) for many years because of their branding, but the market over the last 10 years has exploded with golf balls equal to or superior to the...
 I play the Softfli on a regular basis and believe that it is 3-piece as Maxfli states:Stick scoring shots closer to the pin with SoftFli Golf Balls. Maxfli®'s softest golf ball features a 35 compression rating and delivers a blend of soft feel and greenside control. The soft ionomer blend cover outfitted with a 332 dimple pattern further promotes soft feel while generating more consistent flight for all swing speeds. A 3-piece construction equips Maxfli® SoftFli Golf...
From what I could tell watching on television, the greens were so bad that I would fault the hosts for not getting them in better shape for the US Open.  But all the golfers played on the same crummy greens and had the same disadvantage.  I believe it is true that Justin would have made birdie on better greens, but then again every other golfer's score would probably be different.  
The 2015 US Open was fun to watch and I suspect not as much fun to play.  It was a good leader board and down to the wire, but from what I can tell just from watching the Fox broadcast, the greens were bumpy and required a bit of luck to drop a putt.  There were a couple of greens that were re-done and appeared to roll true, but with a number of years notice I would have expected the greens to roll true and reward the better putters.  There are quite a few courses in the...
Thanks for the great tips!  A few practice sessions are in order and it is clear that my technique is not a good one. 
Not US Open rough, but thick enough for the ball to be lying down below the grass level, gives me fits from just off the green to about 30 feet out.  It is not rare for me to come up short and take 2 shots to reach the green, resulting in a double bogey.  I use my pitching wedge and try to hit down on the ball with a short stiff swing to pop it out, but it is obvious that I have no idea how far the ball will travel.   Any suggestions?
As others have said the type of ball can make a noticeable difference in your scores (a few strokes).  For some golfers, the brand can make a difference in their confidence level but in reality most types of balls are similar from the different manufacturers.  I was guilty for many years of almost always playing a Titleist (I did have an affair with the STRATA) because I wanted to look down and see the brand.  Only in the last several years did I realize there were balls...
The biggest factor in the drop in number of golfers over the last several years has been the economy.  Golf was always hard (go back to persimmon woods or hickory shafted clubs), it always took time away from the family, and you could always make it as expensive as you would like by playing a 9 hole executive course or joining an exclusive country club.  Many golfers have had to cut back on discretionary spending due to the lackluster job market and slow rising salaries if...
 Most of us remember the old "Rock Flite" balls of the 60's and 70's, but Spalding did move Top-Flite into the professional arena with their entries like the Z-Balata and Strata which had tour wins.  After the sale to Callaway, I suspect that much of the high end technology was absorbed into the Callaway line keeping Top-Flite as the 2 piece distance line with the exception of the original Gamer and the V2.  To Dicks credit they have added the Gamer Tour and Soft which are...