or Connect

Posts by jbartho5

I think Alexandre just about summed it up perfectly haha.... I agree completely
From my personal experience... Been playing for 4 years, I'm a 4 handicap. My first set I bought used for 75 dollars at a course near me in Ohio that has one of the best rated pro shops in the Midwest so equipment selection was great. They were Titleist DCI 990's and I absolutely loved them. Felt smooth when struck properly and could work the ball high, low, left, right. Last year I bought a set of Mizuno Mp-32 with only two rounds used on them for 200$... I really like...
hsgolfer, my best is advice for you is that you keep working at it and practicing at it and you put the time into your game. You are 15 so what a freshman or sophomore maybe? You have time. I saw somebody else mention that having the short game as a strength is a definite advantage. Dave s also posted the link to the Mid-American conference stats... I played baseball at Kent state and still live in the NE Ohio area. I knew a few guys on Kent state's golf team. They can...
Right on saevel25... I think the biggest fitness misconception in any sport is that many people try to take the body building style workout regimen and apply that for use in a competitive sport. Learning to strengthen the core and build your full body strength for FUNCTIONAL strength is the goal in sports. Going to the gym and lifting biceps and back one day then chest and triceps the next day is going to strengthen those muscles for certain, but really they are only...
I played baseball in college my first time around, and picked up golf once baseball injuries ended my career... The cool thing about baseball and golf is that they both demand applying strength throughout a wide range of motion; the key is the balance of strength and flexibility. Say, as opposed to football, there is more demand for explosive strength and linear/lateral speed. (a running back is so musclebound that he can't really swing a club with a decent range of...
I am a registered nurse... Meaning hard work for three nights every week but also means four days off for playing the greatest game of all. Played baseball at Kent State during my first degree before nursing. Screwed my knee up and picked up golf three years ago once baseball was no longer an option from knee issues. I caught the golf bug and have never looked back!