or Connect

Posts by DerekR

@David in FL @CarlSpackler We looked extremely close into the phone battery issue using the GPS apps and had some great results. Through out testing we found that when using TLink with the GPS app it will save roughly 30% more battery life than if you were to be using the phone by itself. Thanks to the advancements in Bluetooth Low Energy the power consumption from the connection is almost nothing and you can expect to run about 30% of your phone battery in a long round of...
@cipher @RonTheSavage Thanks for the question guys. The device itself has three buttons on the right hand side. Just use the top and bottom buttons to change between the next and previous hole, no need to take your phone out. 
Thanks for the warm welcomes and feedback everyone!   @vangator you are exactly right, we decided to make TLink run 100% off the GPS in your smartphone which has helped us save tremendously on size, weight, and cost :)
Hey Everyone!    Derek Rucki here, founder of TLink Golf. Just wanted to personally share my new product with all of you and why I created it :)   I loved the idea of the golf GPS watches when they were first released because of how convenient it was to have those yardages just a quick glance of the wrist away. But as an avid golfer I immediately was thrown off by the size and weight of the watch during my swing as I do not usually where one anyways.    So with that...
Hey Guys!   So I feel I contribute to this post because I am going to be launching a GPS golf watch that functions off a GPS app on your phone. I went to a few local golf courses and compiled some data on several of the most popular GPS apps. I analyzed the accuracy of the app by picking a green that had a central flag and comparing the yardages from the app to my Bushnell yardages.   Golf Logix: Accuracy 1-2 yards (very good) Update time: Updated almost instantly...
This also depends on your swing speed. If you have a higher swing speed and are looking for some spin and control around the greens I have to go ahead and hop on the Pro V1 band wagon even though you will get more distance out of the 1X. I find the Callaway HEX Chrome series is almost too much spin for my game and the ball just gets chewed up after 5 full swing wedges but man can you rip those things back.   Its all a matter of finding that right ball for your game that...
Hey guys,   I have personally been doing a lot of market research on the GPS golf watches including surveying users of the watch. Everyone loves the convenience of having the yardages right there on your wrist. The number 1 complaint with them has been their size and weight being a distraction. Just something to keep in your mind if you are not use to wearing a watch when you play because they are fairly large watches and might be a distraction. Just pop over to a golf...
Hi Everyone,   My name is Derek and I have been a highly competitive golfer since a young age which has taken me some pretty awesome places! Like most people on this forum I am just a golf nut and I basically eat, sleep, and breath everything golf.   My passion for golf along with my business sense has brought me down an amazing path and I am going to be launching an alternative product to the current golf GPS watches this summer called TLink. Only difference is it is...