or Connect

Posts by HackerBill123

I'm pretty anal about keeping score. I want to know where I'm at scorewise always. I record shots to the green and putts. I normally average in the high 80's to low 90's. One of my best memories is sitting on a 72 on hole 17. I thought I could double bogie (it was a par 5) and still break 80. I didn't get excited and shot a par for a 77 and a P.R. I'm still chasing it but what I remember is I could stay in the moment and play one shot at a time. I have several rounds where...
Thanks ! I can't stop replaying the event in my head ! I'm going to have a glassy eyed look and a stupid grin for the rest of the week !
Got my first one today. I have been playing 3 years. It was at Fullerton golf course in California. Hole #6 176 yards. I used a 3 hybrid. I walked on by myself and was paired with someone. I bought him a beer. The hook just got set a little deeper with my golf addiction !
I have been doing the following and I usually one or two putt consistently; My stance is about hip width and I stabilize my lower body with a squat like stance. My grip is neutral and I lock my wrists, my fore finger tips are on the shaft. I bend down low enough so I use a regular size putter like a belly putter. My line of sight is directly over the ball and hole target line. Every morning I do putting drills. I do 50 or so putts without a ball using various strokes. I...
Great videos, thanks. Avatar issue addressed.
One of the many things I like about golf is the practice. I expect continuous improvement every time I play. The range is a great place to practice but I don't think it is enough repetitions to groove the moves. I use the range to develop drills I can use at home and then practice those drills. Currently what I am doing is 50 repetitions each every day: 1) Orange whip hitting a rubber tee. 2) 3 iron impact drill also hitting a lower tee. I rotate about my left hip while...
I am always fighting to keep my slice under control. What works for me is keeping my right elbow tucked into my hip on my downswing and not swinging too hard. If I do those two things I can hit a pretty straight ball about 240 yards. The more I work on keeping my right elbow in with my driver the better Im hitting my irons too. I do 100 repetitions a day with an orange whip to groove the move.
1. Are you a member of a private golf club? no 2. How many rounds per year do you play? 150 ish 3. Have you ever done exercise programs to alleviate pain or improve swing? Yes  4. If so, what type of program? Bowflex, Orange Whip 5. Does your home golf course provide exercise programs? no 6. Have you ever done yoga? no 7. Would you be interested in a yoga program that alleviate pain or improved wing? sure 8. If not interested, please briefly explain why.     The...
I was wondering if anyone would join a gym that had enough equipment for both strength and cardio, but also had a chipping area, putting area and net with simulators. A place where you can combine fitness and golf training. One day stairclimber and chipping drills, and another day cable strength workout exercises and hit balls into a net, maybe a 15 to 30 minute circuit of everything cardio, strength, putting, chipping and full swings into nets. I think it would be a great...
I started golfing a little over 2 years ago. I have invented dozens of drills with a bowflex and golf clubs. I've discarded drills that didn't work and kept the ones that do. I have a drill for the backswing, weight shift, pivot and follow through all with cables on a bowflex. I have a mat and a net in my back yard where I'll swing for 50 repetitions and then hit 3 balls to test impact position. Lately what I do every day unless I am golfing. I golf Thursday mornings and...