or Connect

Posts by jamesongarnett2

Oh and just for fun I'll post a video of me hitting balls with a 9 iron, where you can clearly see a ball take off on the target line, and if you hit pause during my follow though, you can clearly see another ball that appears to still be stuck to the club face. Lol. And then you can watch the next 40 swings or so where the exact same thing happens.   Who the hell knows what's possible. It's golf man. Probably aliens sitting up in space somewhere saying, "God, watching...
Lol Honestly it's a super old thread that kind of took on a life of its own.   The foot position thing - I chimed in because I noticed something he was doing in an old video. I was literally hitting the ball the worst I'd ever hit it, hated the game. I tried this foot deal and it absolutely transformed the way I hit the ball. When I looked at it on video, all of a sudden my s**T swing looked strangely similar to Hogan's. No not exactly the same, but more importantly I...
Lol... okay. I'm talking about what Hogan was doing, and what I'm feeling when I do this correctly. And yes, sir, the ball does accelerate. Things go from zero to fast by accelerating.   I will revise - the club FEELS like it's going the fastest after the release. I haven't gotten the instruments out to check it. I apologize, I'm trying to explain the sensation of what I'm feeling when I started swinging the club properly, and noticed that it looked very, very similar to...
Yes it is. The maximum kinetic energy or "power" is released at impact, but as far as the speed of the club is concerned, the max is reached after impact. Same with the ball. It's going faster when it's 20 feet away than when it was 5 feet away. Acceleration and energy are not the same thing. Hence the proper swing creates a follow through than jerks you up to the top and pulls all the way on to your left side. That happens as a result of the acceleration created by the...
Whoops... I thought you said "I'm old" haha. Never mind I figured it out and yeah you can absolutely do it. First I'll send you a tutorial on exactly how to grip the club. That's the first step. Your club face is closed looks like due to a combination of standing too close and over top of the ball and the grip itself not allowing for natural rotation. When you grip it right the rotation happens very easily. The problem is, most of the information on the grip goes something...
Absolutely... so here's some generational irony - not sure how I go about looking at your swing thread? Haha. I'm new to this particular forum so I'm sure that's something most users on here understand but I'm a newby so help me out..
Haha okay as concise as possible without picture and/or video. The read the first few paragraphs again.. maybe the wording is better. In caps at the bottom is the absolute simplest way I can explain it, and the video that first made me realize what he was doing.   The idea is this... take your stance square to the target you want to hit at. Now, imagine the ball is off your left toe, and you're actually aiming 45 degrees to the left, and trying to hook the shit out of...
Haha... I just read through it myself and before I realized you had commented on it I thought, "Now this is a perfect example of why man invented video recording devices.."   To anyone who reads this and is as confused as they should be, rest assured It's actually quite simple. I'm going to put together a little clip of me doing/explaining the process, and post it up on my youtube channel. The link will be up here by Jan 31 if anyone is interested in checking it out....
Just stumbled across this sorry if it's old and no one cares to check it...   The foot position Hogan used, as I've found, is really more appropriately described as a "closed to the body" stance with every club, just adjusted as the clubs get longer. And, yes, I mean this even when the stance is open. Just keep reading it'll make sense... kind of.   If you watch in his pre shot routines, he starts with the feet close together, parallel to each other, but at about a...