or Connect

Posts by dylhall

It took me a year and a half, with a decent amount of lessons. First time was early last summer proceeded to keep it in the mid to low 90's all summer (save for a few bad rounds). However, once winter rolled around and play became more infrequent my game has slipped a bit. Haven't broke 100 since late November (didn't play in December/limited practice, one round in January, two in February, two in March). However, haven't shot over 103 so I've been close, just really...
Check out Zen Golf by Dr. Joseph Parent. I found it helpful. Also, a simple tip my instructor gave me that helped translate range success to the course... Treat every shot at the range like it's a shot on the course, and try to imagine you're on the range when you're about to hit a shot during your round. It'll help add some pressure to your practice, and help you feel a little more confident on the course. Good luck!
I'm fairly new to the game myself over the last couple years. I learned very quickly that "off the rack" clubs are a mistake many amateurs make. We are all different sizes and default shaft length/clubhead lie angle are set up for an average. What you learn in your lessons will not vary based on the clubs you use, but your results will. For me, I'm 5' 6" so not exactly tall. I was getting frustrated with my off the rack clubs I started with, and my original golf...
Thanks for the advice and the link to the video gentlemen. I can definitely see I need to work on softer arms, not to mention the full pivot through the shot. These are both things I feel I do a fairly good job of during practice, then when the shot counts I tighten up, get tentative, and the result is the issue I posted about! I'll make it more of a swing thought during practice and play to loosen/soften up a bit, and commit to the shot.    Thanks for the welcome. I...
Thank you both. I guess I misunderstood "bounce" in relation to my standard iron set. To clarify, yes, when I said 100 yards in some of these were full swings, but a lot were pitches. The common theme with all of them though is the use of my gap and sand wedge, which for whatever reason seem to be far less forgiving in super soft/soggy fairways (when I said muddy, I didn't mean like a cow pasture, I meant sloppy, not firm fairway that is retaining a lot of water because...
Hi all, I'm fairly new to this site, and this is my first post. I couldn't find anything related to this so my apologies if this has been discussed before.    I live in Portland, OR, where it is rainy from October to April. Luckily, the temperatures are fairly moderate, so you can pretty much golf year round. However, a lot of the courses I play don't necessarily have the best drainage, so I often find myself golfing in fairly sloppy conditions this time of year. This...