or Connect

Posts by RH31

I'll be about the same, 7-8 range. I'd probably have to give up playing, hit balls every day, and take lessons every 2 two weeks to be able to change my swing enough to get more than a shot or so better.
I think it hurts some of the players on the U.S. side. Mickelson is one player that comes to mind. I think playing in these matches every single year may be kind of grind for them.
Darn if he didn't. My bad... sorry Mop Bucket
I'll say. 12 GIR and pars on 3 of the 6 missed and it should be an easy 75 at worst. Maybe I set the bar too high, but I'd be disappointed with much worse than 1 or 2 over.
I voted putting, but even that lets me down at times. I'm a good mid range putter and usually make a couple or so per round.   The rest of my game, and even putting sometimes, is very inconsistent throughout any round. 12 holes of par or better and 6 holes of who knows what almost every round.
 I don't know if its a better drill...I use 2 balls. Spread them out 3 feet or whatever. Putt one ball into the other so that it hits it squarely. If you can do that consistently, you can make 3 footers.
I hooked a driver across the adjacent hole and out of bounds. That ball was at least 80 yards off line.
 Probably not.The Tiger lovers need some "Great Tiger" stuff to talk about, and there just hasn't been any of that for quite some time. Tiger missed another cut, played horrible again, and wasn't even hardly discussed. He's playing so bad they don't even talk about that( his poor play) much anymore. It's got to be disheartening for his following, so they delve back into history for some Tiger love.
 I agree you won't get to scratch w/o adding length. You might get down to a 5-6 range if your short game is great. I say this because I've never encountered a scratch player who hits it shorter than me in the 30+ years I've been playing. You need to carry the ball a lot farther just to have the chance to get to scratch, so go for the swing change now, while you are young. The longer your current swing becomes ingrained, the harder it is going to be to change to something...
I'm in a putting funk as well. What I've found is that if I don't practice my putting, correctly, eventually I get sloppy with my fundamentals and then start to look up and mishit putts. You might try going to the practice green and experiment with slightly different setups, hands a little forward, bend over or stand taller,whatever. When you find something that works, practice that technique, a lot. I think you'll find if you gain confidence inside 10 feet, your longer...