or Connect

Posts by RH31

I do, and it doesn't work for very long.     Then again, I've taken many lessons and haven't seemed to been able to make that pay off consistently either. I've more or less conceded to myself that I'm a fundamentally inconsistent player. My swing doesn't change so much as my grip, aim, stance etc., gets sloppy and this causes a different path, angle, plane or ???? creating poor shots. I'm to the point where I want to get instruction using video, but I don't want to relearn...
I used to play in those GAP matches back in the '90's. I played out of clubs in Maryland and Delaware. Sometimes the away course was great, sometimes not so great. The club in Md. that I belonged to was a nice course, great shape and all that, but the "dinner" that they served afterwards was embarrassing.   Really fun thing to be a part of though.
We play for $15 or $20 per man in our daily gaggle. One ball gross, one ball net, skins(ind.) four man teams.   I dislike all the sandbagging that is associated with net scoring as much as anybody. Its much more prevalent than when I first started playing the game.
I've made a bunch of eagles over the years, even holed out for double eagle once. I don't ever remember holing a shot out of a bunker. Maybe I have in 30 years of playing but I don't remember it, so If I did it must have been during a crappy round.
Yes I have. I've always been a very inconsistent chipper and pitcher of the ball. The main reason for my problems was never learning how to properly utilize the bounce of the wedge. I tried every shot with more or less a square clubface and tried to hit down on the back of the ball. skulls, chunks, shanks you name it I've hit(or missed) it. I watched Paul Azinger's short game special on the golf academy and tried his technique. Amazing. What I've found particularly...
"OK  right now" in a relative sense.  I'm driving it in play (mostly) and about 230-250 yards. The rest of the bag is fairly solid and not curving too much.  I've hit 4, 4, 6 and 9 greens so far this yearand shot 83, 76, 84 and 78. The 76 I got it up and down 9 times and pitched it inside 10 feet all day. The 78 I left 4 pitch/chip shots 20 feet from the hole. I would probably practice my long game more if our range wasn't limited to about 190 yards. Also, I can practice...
My full swing is OK right now so almost all my practice is chipping/pitching.  That, and we can't hit drivers at our practice range.   I was practicing my pitching almost everyday for a few weeks. I got up and down around 50% my first few rounds and one round got up and down 9 times. I've never pitched it that well.....ever.  I haven't made as much time lately to practice and was only hitting few pitches and chips to warm up. The last two rounds my game around the...
I'm an electrician. My job might be statistically more dangerous than being a cop. The difference being almost all of the dangers I face would be self induced, whereas anybody could be pointing a gun at a cop.     I can identify anything "live" and potentially dangerous and take the proper precautions before I touch it. Not so easy for a cop. I guess I'd be on edge if I never knew when a circuit I was working on could kill me, just like a cop never knows whose going...
Just understand this is the most frustrating game you'll ever play. When you think you've got it all down cold, some wheel will fall off and you'll be humbled yet again.   You might try focusing on what causes the ball to curve a certain way be it left or right and just try to make solid contact. Forget what your final score is and just hit each shot as solid as you can. Results will eventually come but golf is always up and down. It takes a long time, a lot of work...
3   my 52,56,60   56 gets used the most