or Connect

Posts by vangator

The B330S feels real hard to me. I like the B330RXS better. But I don't play either a lot.
Your iron play sounds a lot like mine used to. Very good up to 150, then it got a little dicey. This past weekend I actually hit 2 pins with my 5 iron (my lowest lofted iron) from ~190. I would never have done that before my switch. If you're good with your 7 iron, you should be good with the longer SL irons. There will naturally be a little more dispersion, but definitely better. I plan on making a set with a little softer flex shaft (firm instead of stiff) with a...
That's why I always line my ball using the words (like Pro V1) on the ball. When I get over the putt, it may look different, but I never adjust my line. I can't trust my lying eyes over the ball. I can hit the ball where I'm aiming but I can't read a green for sh!t. I also wear glasses. Progressive lenses normally but switch them for a pair of mono focal lenses when I golf.
A couple of years ago we had a drinking party masquerading as a scramble. I was on my 4th beer before I teed off on the first hole. I finished my case of beer early on the back 9, so my friends (who were pikers) gave me some of theirs. One guy had trouble finishing 2 six packs. Wimp. I was counting beers but lost track after 33. It was a hot day. I remember teeing off on one hole using a beer can as a tee. It was empty of course. Not going to waste beer. I...
The Nike RZN Black and Platinum are very nice balls. The red and white are hard covers.I do the bite test on balls to see how soft the covers are.The Z Star and Z Star XV were my balls for a long time. Great balls. Still have several. I switched to Volvik because I wanted something different. I love the green Volvik Vista iV except around the greens. A little too hard. I played some Volvik S3 White Color the other day. Drove a 311 par twice. Haven't done that in a...
My wife is 5'11", so I can't help in the petite department.
I build my own clubs. It was Christmas of 2013, so I've been playing them for about 1 1/2 years. It did take a while to get used to the mental side of the change.I've played around with chopping down clubs for years. I thought I would lose a little distance, but I'm not distance challenged at all. Had some limited success. When I heard of the Pinhawks, I jumped on them.I've been a low to mid single digits HCP for many years, but my long irons were always suspect. ...
Does pennants mean penance, or you half way through the baseball season? If you switch back and forth between conventional clubs and 1 Irons, you're going to hate them. Probably both. Unless you're a scratch player, you've probably been setting up to the ball poorly and swinging with too much right side. You're going to hit low worm burners and then you're going to start trying to help the ball in the air. The best advice I can give you is to practice hitting the...
As you think you're getting better, you naturally start to relax and try to step up your game. That's when the slices, pulls, popups and worm burners start happening. Pick a target and do what it takes to get the ball there. Don't try the perfect shot. Play the percentages. Forget watching the swing speed of the pros. Cut back on your swing speed and make solid contact. Just because you can hit a PW 150 yards doesn't mean you should. Concentrate on the ball and...
Sounds like white, blue and black is marketing for the mentally challenged. I've never liked Nicklaus stuff. MacGregor was crap.