or Connect

Posts by vangator

A coworker that I played with frequently would invite a friend along quite often. He was a great guy except when he hit poor shots. Jekyll and Hyde. After a poor drive, he took a brand new driver and broke it over his knee and threw it in a pond. First time I realized that a driver head floats. I wanted to come back later and fish it out. :) After another poor round, in the parking lot, he took his bag off his cart, picked it up over his head and threw it several...
When it's easy to dig into the turf, I pick it also. Same for long bunker shots from sugar sand. I pick it with real quiet lower body.
At address is when you go through whatever swing thoughts you may have. Hopefully it's not too many. A simple thing like a right arm takeaway may very well affect your swing thoughts on your downswing even though the club may be in the same position at the top (or at least I think it's in the same position). In effect the takeaway affects my downswing to because I'm still thinking of my right (or left arm). I only have a couple of brain cells left firing at this point.
Also many years ago, I was playing golf with a friend who was really bad. On a par 3, he slices a ball and hits a house with a big thud. Probably the wall. He tees up another and slices it into the same house. This time there's a crash of broken glass. A window this time. He tees up another and slices it into the same house. This time it hits the tiled roof. The tile comes sliding down the roof and crashes on the pavement. So here comes a skinny old guy (at least...
That was many years ago on a course far, far away. The course was owned by the local police chief, so we never had any problem with the law. Coolest police chief ever. Nowadays, they would put you in the slammer as a child molester.Ah, the good old days....
I have at least one pink shirt. I think I need a Hawaiian pink shirt now! I got a purple one for my birthday.
We had a men's league with a "dick out" rule. If you didn't hit past the ladies tee, you played the rest of the hole with your "dick out". I never had the invoke that rule on myself (might have gotten it tangled in the shaft), but I saw plenty of swinging meat. It's pretty funny to watch a guy crouched over on a put with that second shaft hanging there. We had a men's bowling league where one of the guys from our golf league threw a bad gutter on his first ball (in the...
These aren't very good balls. If they were a premium ball, I'd have no problem playing them.
I did the same. Remember, the idea is to play the ball in the same position because the shaft is the same length, the lie is the same and the swing weight is the same. In truth, I play the 5 slightly forward of where I play my wedge. I want more back spin on my wedge and less on my 5 iron. My guess is that you're still playing it like your old 5 iron. I did that and hit low shots that didn't fly very far. Play it in the middle of you stance. BTW, I wouldn't be...
I regrip the old fashioned way (with tape and solvent), but I try to save my grips if I can. I use Jumbos which are thicker and can be saved. Putter grips too. The thin grips....forget it. The first time I tried it I left my compressor set for 150 PSI and blew the grip up. A loud bang!