or Connect

Posts by vangator

I've played in many scrambles and in most I don't believe there was cheating. At least not blatant. I played on a loaded team once that shot -21 with no mulligans or strings. All birdies and 3 eagles, one on a par 4. Kind of an easy course. Another was -17. And yes, pros do play in scrambles. And there can be some serious money won. Several hundred to the winning team. With skins, CTPs, long drives. And prizes. And booze. We all like the hero shots. Over the...
Most of my shirts are cotton and have a big stain on the front. I do have one shimmery shirt though somewhere. I'll try to find it.
I was a nerd in HS although I was pretty athletic. Never part of the "cool" crowd. Most of them died of drug overdoses. I have been called a "cool dad" though.As for golf being "cool", I could care less if someone that isn't a golfer thinks golf is not cool.
I have a 50* PW, 56* SW (12* bounce), 60* LW (8* bounce?) and 68* LW (0* bounce). I use the 60* fo most lobs and pitches around the green. The 68* LW is great for those shots where you have to stop it on a dime. I don't like opening up my 60* too much. I've had the 68* for a few weeks and I think I've gotten up and down with it every time I've used it. And I only use it in extreme situations like short side greens or when I absolutely can't afford any roll out of a...
What does cool mean?
I think this is my perception of typical also.I think the quality of golfer has gone down over the years based on my observations from my work league. We have really reduced our employee numbers from their peak in the 80's, so the pool has gone down. We used to have a couple of dozen single digit cappers in our league, at least. now we're down to a handful. I'm the A player on my team and would play the A player from the opposing team. Sometimes I have to give a...
I'll be showing my son-in-law how to regrip his irons tomorrow.
I have regripped my own clubs and others for 40 years. Follow the above tips and you'll have no problem. I use the wide double side tape that will wrap lengthwise around the shaft. I put one edge of the tape down the shaft lengthwise. I then wrap it around the club by running my thumb up and down the tape to make sure there are no bubbles. I pour mineral spirits (can be any of above mentioned solvents) into the grip and thoroughly swish the inside of the grip. I...
I take less than a full backswing. With your size, you'd still have plenty of arc on your swing. Resist the temptation to over swing. Don't think you have to swinger faster or harder to make up for the reduced backswing. You generate most of your swing speed when you release your lag toward the bottom of your downswing. As always, follow thru. Try a half swing punch shot with a 5 iron making sure you "strike the match" when making impact. See how far it goes in...
You're clubface should normally be square pointing at your target. Exceptions would be when you want to purposely shape the ball.