or Connect

Posts by imsys0042

And I happen to agree with you, I'm speaking in a more general sense. It's perfectly fine to have male/female only areas or clubs. On the specific point of a golf club I don't believe in male or female only because I'd hate to exclude someone from what is probably a nice course.What I don't like is people getting together and specifically deciding they don't want to put up with a particular sort of person and exclude them in a malicious way. Plenty of men only, and...
It's worse to lower yourself to put up with people who discrimate against others. I don't go out of my way to cause problems, but I'd prefer to not associate with people who discriminate against others. Should they say something terrible, I usually let it be known how I feel. But for the most part it's passive in that I won't associate with people who express bigotry against others.
I hate "socialize". People use to like this: "I like your idea but we need to socialize it". Rarely are the discussions anything but social. Funny story. Few years ago we had my mother come in for Christmas, so my wife and in-laws played "buzzword bingo" with her because she used to rant and ramble about a number of topics. All 4 days my mother-in-law was saying weird crap to her to try and get her to say some of her phrases. She eventually won because my mother...
I agree with all of this.   I believe in the right for private individuals to get together as they see fit, to the first point.   People who are discriminatory in how they do that are fair game to be discriminated back if they have immoral or backwards beliefs on topics of gender, race or other categories for exclusion.    For the second point, I think that a golf course is the wrong point to bar certain people from playing.   I fully support a men's or women's section of...
Super, thanks all. My point was about intent. Dropping a club in a bunker accidentally is not intending to test the sand, and brushing growing grass in a hazard is not intent on a backswing to cheat. For the penalty assessed in the first post, a friend is with the player and the caddy. I think that is wrong to begin with, but there is deliberate intent by handing your club to someone else and perform a caddy's duties. Flinging a club and someone else picks it up has...
Correct. That's what I said. If you accidentally drop your club, it's fine. If you use your club to ground the club in a hazard, change anything on the ground or the sand, it's a penalty.
Probably like the rules about your club touching sand in a bunker or hitting part of a hazard. If it's accidental, no penalty. John Daly dropped his club in a bunker and wasn't penalized because he dropped it. Wasn't trying to test the sand. Having someone walking with you is a bit over the line to begin with
Something not mentioned yet, but bunkers can be strategically placed to make you decide to try a longer shot, or lay up to avoid an issue off the tee. Can be the difference in reaching a par 5 or driving a short par 4. Some courses shouldn't have them, They can't maintain them right, so they shouldn't have really rough ones that are unfair. I smacked my 60 off a 6 by 4 inch slab of stone in a thin bunker last month and if I had known would not have hit it. There...
1.  My total score                79 2.  # of birdies (or better)                2 3.  # bogies                7 4.  # doubles (or worse)                1 5.  Final match play results (win/lose and score) against my sandbagging 4 hcp buddy (I get 2 strokes)                lose on 18, so 1 down   good luck!
They should be if you refuse to do business with a company because you don't like the CEO, celebrity endorser or some non-commercial reason. Plenty of people can be hurt by something outside of their control.A couple of people have mentioned they don't like King, or Adidas/Taylormade here. I disagree that people should avoid them because they've screwed the golf club market to some extent. I certainly don't feel like buying into their current hype now, but should...