or Connect

Posts by imsys0042

I belong to a club corp club. They are generally good. A lot of their benefits pay for themselves, although some things are way over-priced and meant for people who are serious about spending that kind of money. Where I am the offer two things above your normal club dues:1 - signature gold. This is $50 per month and you get great deals on other courses. Generally just cat fees, but it's always 50 miles or more away from your home club. This is so you don't...
I guess a couple of things. First, handicap is more your potential than what you actually shoot. I would say that I beat or match it 2 times out of 10. It's going down slowly, but it's very gradual. Second, if you are posting your scores accurately, then there is no problem. I believe most players match their handicap, or better, 25% or less of the time, If you are doing well yours will go down too. I
My home course is Treesdale in Western PA. It's a challenging layout. Not long but penal, target golf. 6600 from the standard men's tees and with 27 holes there are slopes of 142 - 145. Lot of single digit players and a number of plus handicaps. The people who work there are great and the head pro really helped me with my swing. He changed my grip from a weak one to a strong one, helped me eliminate a lot of movement and got me started on the right path for a...
10 wishes.   9, after my mother-in-law was teleported to the center of the sun.
There have been a few things reported about him, maybe over-reported, that may bring him down in some peoples' eyes. But you could find that on anyone. I voted fan.
Well, I go everywhere from low 70s to perhaps not breaking 95occasionally on a difficult course and my current index is 9.3. My own reasons for doing so are: 1 - I am still working some movement out of my swing. The less unnecessary movement, the less you rely on your own rhythm that day. How many of us have played with someone with a crazy swing? When their moving just right, they play great. Other times, not so much. I have gotten rid of most of it, and my...
Lol. King COBRA II, did we help you?
I know someone who does that. People encourage him to drink so he speeds up. My favorite is taking so many (6 is his number) and then hits it 50 yards. Long day....
15 years ago someone got mad at someone else and tipped their golf cart with them in it. Stupid course only banned him for 6 weeks.
I think you check the bounce for your playing conditions and decide when to carry the 58 or the 60. I like your thinking in general. And I couldn't agree more with people who are more dialed in on the distance than perhaps what the loft says. My old set , I got new irons with very different lofts and that changed the wedge makeup 43 p wedge 50 gap wedge 56 sand wedge 60 lob wedge New set 46 p wedge 56 sand wedge 60 log wedge 64 super lob wedge. (Really is) Now the...