or Connect

Posts by imsys0042

Anyone here ever play at a course where they have those big stone markers next to the tee boxes?   They are a 3-4 wide and six feet tall, or near that.   I saw someone hit their ball, clip it so that it went dead right and hit the monument that was 90 degrees away from where he was aimed.   Shot over his head and landed by the next group waiting to tee off (it was the first hole).   I don't think his day got better...
I don't see why it shouldn't be allowed. For some it might speed up play, for others it will slow them down. Just like what they probably do now. My only concern is much like golfingdad had to say, it's not just the distance to the pin. Some people would be shooting a number of different things like find the exact carry distance to clear something or how far to a ridge in the green and that might slow things down for some people. But overall people that are too...
I keep, and mark, Eagles and Hole-in-Ones. Or if I play a very memorable golf course, the ball I finished with. I have 4 holes from this year down on the mirror in my bar. One was driving a par 4 in one during a club match (was 40 feet away in 1 on a huge green, about 310 to the front of the green). The second was a hole-in-one and the final 2 were really neat. I shot my career best, 4 over par. I was using balls with my twin girls names printed on them from...
I wish they had a picture, but Legands in NC has a hole on the back 9 with a bunker that doesn't even have a lip.   It's a sand area with an elevated green (at least 10 feet) and it's just a wall of railroad ties that shores up some of the rough in front of the green.   So it's flat sand, and then a 10-11 foot wall.   Horrible. 
My club has gotten this suggestion from time to time.  Not exactly for golfers, but for social activities, where you can drop your kids off and go elsewhere in the club to do something for a couple of hours.   I don't think it went well because now it's only for a couple of movie nights where you can drop off kids and it clearly says "you must remain on club grounds" because people left their kids there and then left to go elsewhere.   Even if they could find people,...
As a funny aside to all of this...and since Jenkins is part of the topic and a Ben Hogan devotee.   I forget where I read it, but someone had the comment that Hogan wasn't as put together as history remembered him.   The quote was "there were a lot of sand traps that had a club bashed into the lip on his way out.", IIRC.
It's an interesting rabbit hole to go down, thinking about some of these issues.   It's hard to get the level of how you feel in a message board post.   I think the main gist of it is that I like Tiger, but some of the things he's done, strictly wrt golf, take away from that.   I'd like to think that I don't base those feelings on the wrong things.   I think what someone posted after my last post about human nature is pretty spot on.   It's natural to have an interest...
And I don't care how many, including Tiger, do cheat on their wives.   That's irrelevant.   I happen to like him more than I dislike him, but for someone who has moved the golf needle as much as he has and the stellar play when he's on...I see someone who acts badly sometimes and that takes away from my opinion of him.   I'm strictly talking about what I see on the golf course, in interviews and in direct quotes.   There is plenty there to pull examples (and plenty of...
I actually broke it several years before I put in the work where I should have, so I got lucky.   It took me approx 8 years, but I rarely got the chance to practice and never had lessons.   I basically was really hungover one Saturday morning, didn't really realize that I was -1 for the first 9 holes until the 8th hole (and then there was an easy par 5 for the ninth).   Took a triple on 10, thought I blew my round and that took the pressure off.   I put my third shot on...
 I think the best answer to your questions is that Tiger has a perfect right to act how he does, but that doesn't mean that people are going to like it, or him because of it.   I try not to be critical when I hear bad stories about him because he does have more pressure on him than any other golfer.   That aside, there are plenty of complaints about how he acts.   Many people can keep it solely about the golf.   Many people form opinions on the overall person, and I think...