or Connect

Posts by PeterFaragher

Hey Guys    I've recently been looking at getting my putter cut down. I'ts an Odyssey Rossie  Metal X 34" Putter. I did have a putter previously cut down to 32" and so it wouldn't be that much of a change. I have been wondering on what affect this has on the performance of the characteristics of the putter before I go ahead and cut 2 inches off.    Would love to know if anyone else has had a putter cut down etc.   Hope Someone Can Help    Cheers    Peter...
Hey bdubuc91    My advice would be go to your local PGA/USGA Fitting Centre and get fit there. Then you could maybe try and find the shaft (or similar shafts) they reccomend at a better price.    Hope this helps    PeterFaragher
Hey Rwoten    With regards to the flex of any golf club its all about spin and flight control.    For example you may hit both an x flew and reg perfectly fine but the ball flights and spin numbers will be different. This is important because say you were playing into a head wind with the regs you'd struggle to get the ball moving forward, it would just spin too high. Also the correct shaft for the player provides a more consistent shot pattern.   And basically soft...
Hey Mackingchicken   One great tip that I have always found helpful is to address the ball and then let your arms hang loose and if you can touch the tops of your knees your going to be in a fairly good position. From that position just take the club in your hands with whatever feels comfortable.  Each player is different so we all stand a different distance.    Hope this helps you out, would love to know how you get on.   All the best    PeterFaragher
Hey Guys    Was really interested by this and ive got to say I think both have there appeals.   Playing by yourself you can try those shots or techniques you really want to incorporate into your game and also its nice sometimes to enjoy the peace and quiet for 9/18 holes   However...   You will be hard pressed to beat the banter and overall comradery of a 2/3/4 ball. Having someone else there with you all enjoying the successes and failures during a round is really...
Hey Crucifixx   I just thought i would have a quick look at your swing and ive got to say a lot of positives there. It's definitely a swing that with a few tweaks  you can play good golf with.    However there are a few thing that I noticed that you can play around with and i would love to know how you get on.   First thing i kinda see is the club gets a little out side the line of your feet so its pointing away from you. This can sometimes cause the club to get a...