or Connect

Posts by Kinesiogolfer

At the risk of abusing this thread, I'll post this and shut up and let other people talk. How would you describe this move in the first two photos?..palmar flexion or something else? Is the wrist merely bowing or is something else going on? Does the back of wrist continue to face in the same direction during this move or not? if it changed what do you have to do to get the change? (text below is from Kelvin Miyahira but come up with your own conclusions first!)   The...
Hmmmmm....I guess it depends on what you mean by "shut." I'm still game for the discussion because that was my original intention for posting....that Ted Hunt's description was not accurate and that most people combine other movements when they say they are only doing palmar flexion. No animosity here. I think we are using different definitions and different points of reference so its a learning oportunity for me. "Shut" could mean "closed" or it could mean "de-lofted" or...
Yep, you are right I did mean P6. I fell into using my own dictionary. I don't know the TGM/MORAD stuff, and it sometimes shows. I say P3 because its the 3rd time in the swing when the shaft is parallel to the ground. so for me there are just 5 parallels in a swing. I should have brushed up my TGM before throwing the term around and adding more confusion.   By the way, I watched the Coleman video this morning, and now I am really guessing that Hogan really made no...
OK. I'm standing at what some people call P3. My arm is pointed to a spot a foot behind the ball near my right foot, the back of my left wrist faces roughly out perpendicular to the swing plane and target line and somewhat upwards, the club head is as you say "inside" the hands and to the right of my right hip. The club shaft is parallel to the ground and pointing back and behind me a little. Agreed?   Now I want to do pure palmar flexion. I keep my arm pointed to the...
Well, I have to say after re-reading all of this that he is misusing the term supination to refer to palmar flexion. I have always wanted to argue that there was some truth to his use of "supination" since supination can lead to the palmar flexed wrist if done in a certain way as discussed in my overly verbose texts before. However it is clear that in his mind he thought of a bowed wrist as "supination." Thanks for taking the time to write all of those quotes out.   I'll...
This is a great discussion. Several points about the video. My entries were partially trying to get at this very point: whether you palmar flex or not has nothing to do with club face alignment-at least if you have a very weak grip with the face and the back of the wrist aligned. The club face will continue to face the direction of the back of the wrist no matter what manipulation you do. If you perform palmar flexion in various ways you may get different face alignment...
Hi, Apologies as this will be a little long, and I'll likely get laughed at. "Twist" can mean different things to different people, but in answer to your question, it could be called a twist in the sense that forearm rotation is used to twist the grip without changing the direction it points, just like turning a door knob. Ted Hunt gets his anatomical details a bit wrong as is indicated by his description of palmar flexion in Ben Hogan's Short Game Simplified on page 10....
Old thread so perhaps no one cares, but I'll add my 2 cents as an anatomist. As others have said, the two books by this author together make a nice appendix to 5 Lessons. In a few paragraphs, Hunt is able to better flesh out and emphasize two important points Hogan hinted at in 5 Lessons but did not clearly describe. Unfortunately, to find those important paragraphs explaining The Magical Device and The Secret one has to wade through a lot of extraneous and sometimes...