or Connect

Posts by SAgolfer

Thanks david,   I went for the 53 regular trusty rusty and I am quite happy with it.   It goes about 100 yards and is quite accurate, also works really well in the sand.
That's ok we all started there, and in this game you have to find what works for you. In the long run even if you don't hit that hard you will probably find your 8 or 7 iron going that distance.   The problem is you don't want to buy new clubs based on what you are doing now, because if you practice it shouldn't take that long to get to the point where you feel comfortable hitting your irons to that distance even if they don't always go straight.   You should also ask...
Just a quick question what roughly what distance do you hit 9 wood, 7 wood and  three iron. The reason I ask is par 3's vary a lot in there distance.   This is just my opinion but I wouldn't recommend hitting your higher woods instead of the irons, the reason for this is it is harder to control them and also to get back spin on them. The problem comes in when you want to hit the green and stop on it. You should also find when you have have been playing for a while you...
It looks like from what I can find that it has three different angles high in the centre and lower on the tow and heel. Something like this. 53 degree 7--15--7 55degree 9--15--9 hope that makes sense.
I am still trying to figure out what degree of bounce they have, I will try and look it up now. I know they have something called a tri bounce sole, which as I understand it means depending on how open or closed you have the club face affects the angle of the bounce.   I thought the SW was supposed to have a lower bounce?   The main difference I can see between the big and regular version is the size of face, which is a lot bigger and also there is no 53 degree in the...
Hi guys,   I need a bit of advice here. I recently bought a second hand set of mizuno mp 52 irons as I lost my PW on a course and my old set of big bertha clubs needed replacing anyway. I also have a big trusty rusty 60 degree lob wedge.   I bought the mp52s thinking it would take some time to settle into them but I am actually playing better with them then the old clubs and have added them all except the 3 iron to my bag.   The problem I am facing is I am left...
Hi all,   I am a 27 year old golfer that lives in Joburg South Africa. Started playing about 7 years ago but only played for about 6 months and then other things got in the way.   Anyway I started playing again about 4 months ago and have really gotten into it and enjoying the game. I generally play a game every second week or so(have been a bit short of cash), and go to the local driving range a few times a week. My swing is really coming on and I feel like I am...