or Connect

Posts by SCC4380

I agree with the replies to my original post. Improvement comes from practicing the right things with someone instructing you who knows what they are doing. Strokes gained analysis isn't for everyone and it isn't a substitute for being strategic in how you play a course (shot zones, decision maps, etc.). Average golfers typically loose the most strokes on full swing shots. Some, but not all golfers know where their weakness is and what to practice (Think separation...
I would start my 6 iron on the yellow line toward the bunker and let it draw a little. Wedge into the green from there. The other option would be to start my 7 wood a little to the right of the line and fade it, but that is a shot that is more likely to get away from me and it would also be headed to a narrower part of the fairway.    How do I get a LSW logo on my posts?
I agree that Game Golf is a valuable tool and I have it on my wish list. I also have Lowest Score Wins and think it is great. I buy into the shot zones and decision maps approach. I just think that strokes gained might be of interest to other golfers because it provides additional data to show strengths and weaknesses and it is better data than the regular stats that people use to track their golf game.
It was helpful for me to see exactly where I am giving up the most strokes relative to tour pros and others who score lower than I do. That, in turn, will help me prioritize my practice efforts. It was also fun to see that I had some shots where I actually gained strokes relative to the average tour player. 
Ever since I read Mark Brodie’s Every Shot Counts I have been intrigued by the idea of having access to a stokes gained analysis of my own golf game. As far as I can tell, there are two options at this point where you can do it on the internet.   (1) ShotByShot.com is owned and operated by Peter Sanders who came up with and performed the first strokes gained analysis. He is the stats guy for Zach Johnson and other professional players, the Stanford golf team, and I don’t...
Another review of Game Golf by Mark Crossfield. Based on Game Golf he pulled the 4 iron from his bag.     He loves it.
 As I mentioned in my earlier post, I know that they have been talking to Mark Broadie about how they can improve their product. I am sure that they would be glad to get your ideas as well. I can't wait to hear what you have to say and I already told my wife that this may be on my Christmas list.
I am excited to hear what you have to say about it after you have used it for a while.   Game Golf seems to be open to feedback about their product. I read just the other day that they have been talking with Mark Broadie about the stats and analysis aspects of the software (http://www.golfwrx.com/235721/review-game-golf/).   Steven
I answered 6i. I get good gapping with my 6i and 7w. My 4i and 5i are in the garage.
I haven't heard anything about it. Is it worth a look?