or Connect

Posts by SCC4380

If that is the case, you should be practicing those distances. I always have a longer second shot than that.
If you want to do a Trackman Combine I have no problem with it. I think it would be fun. According to the Trackman newsletter, there are a number of pros who do it on a regular basis to see who can get the lower score and add an element of competition to their practice. That being said, here are few thoughts on the Trackman Combine.   I have never done a one but I did use Trackman Combine reports posted on the internet to figure out how they score it. As far as the...
It makes sense from a couple of perspectives. Dialing back the ball could make golf less expensive for consumers and more profitable for owners. Courses could be shorter and require less land, less water, fewer chemicals, less labor, etc. We have already reached a point in the US where there are more 9-hole courses under construction than 18-hole courses for this very reason (according to a friend of mine who had the numbers a couple of years ago). Dialing back the...
The idea behind it is to enhance contrast and depth perception when you are looking at the ball getting ready to hit it. I tried some last week and I think that it works. I liked it for short game shots. In flight it may be a little more visible than a regular white ball, but it is nowhere near as visible as a yellow ball. It was an experiment for me and I will go back to my yellow ball.
I am into my second year with Pure midsize wraps and they are still better than the grips they replaced. I have found them to be very tacky and durable. I have never had one twist on a club.
 I saw a few 9 irons that didn't work out too well and bunch of wedges that worked out pretty well. The 9 irons looked like they were slightly manufactured shots while the wedges looked more like a standard shot. I remember reading a story about a pro (Johnny Miller?) who was talking to a media type on the range and was asked what club he would hit to one of the flagsticks out on the range. The pro replied that they could hit all of their clubs to the flagstick, and then...
 For military purposes GPS can be accurate to less than an inch. We just need to convince the government that golf courses have no strategic value so that they will stop adding variability to the GPS signal we get when we are on a course. It would make Game Golf a lot more accurate.
Terry Koehler, CEO of the new Ben Hogan Golf Equipment Company, said in an interview that one of the reasons that golfers aren't better iron players is that they try to hit their irons too hard. He notes that Ben Hogan had 25 yards between his standard shot and the maximum distance that he would play his irons. How many yards are there between your standard distance and your maximum distance? Do you think Koehler is right?   (Here is a link to the...
 Done. I agree that they would be good features.
 The strokes gained calculations are based distance and lie. It is true that the US Open has deep rough, but there is such a large number of shots that went into the strokes gained calculations that I don't think it alone would have much of an effect. There are also tour events with fairly light rough. Users of the system need to use good judgment. I have been in the "rough" a couple of times this spring but marked it as a fairway lie because the grass was so short that it...