or Connect

Posts by JP golf

More than likely I would go 3 wood 8 iron if playing anything around 6200 yards.   If it was longer than that, I would go with a 6 iron instead of the 8.
Nike has come a long way though.  I just now got to where I will try some of their clubs.  The slingshots killed it for me.
Too much to get re-shafted.... better off paying shipping with the shafts you want.  You would be looking at an additional $250-$350 to get them re-shafted. You will be happy with almost any new set.  I had a friend that had those Nike clubs and they were horrible.  There are really a lot of good clubs out there in the game improvement category.  The bio cell irons from Cobra are good sticks, but they look a little funky.  You can also get the amp cell irons for $299 if...
 You can throw par out the window...    Play Quota Golf... and there are a couple ways to approach this based on trying to keep you around 100... Mental Strategy number 1:  Score Quotas(regardless of par) You have a quota for 5's......  you need to score 5 on 10 holes or moreYou have a quota for 6's......  you need to score 6 on 8 holes..... Reach your quota and you shoot 98.... Mental Strategy number 2:  Points Quota 5 points  -  Birdie3 points  -  Par2 points  -  Bogie1...
Great job on your 100!  My suggestion is to not worry about birdies yet, they will come.  A good goal would be to go "bogey - double bogey - bogey - double bogey - bogey" etc...  if you alternate bogey and double bogey every hole you will shoot 99 on a par 72 course and break 100....  after that, start eliminating those bogeys and try to get down to bogey golf..  Good luck, and avoid hazards and penalties and you will see your scores drop quick!
We have seen it both ways with combo sets irons/hybrids and with the irons that go from muscle back/partial cavity/full cavity.  I have been considering getting new clubs and was wondering what were some thoughts on better player clubs and mixed sets like this.   Examples:  Cobra s3 pro, Cobra amped cell pro etc. - I've heard of some people going Callaway Apex, and Apex pro combo...   Does anyone play mixed sets/progressive/flow sets and what are the pros and cons?  I...
 Thanks! - "Stupid Monkey Approach" - I respect your opinions - I'm not asking why....   Transaction complete, and now awaiting my copy!
I'm sure I over analyze things and self diagnose way too often.  I'm a big fan of focused practice when working on my swing.  I like to focus on one thing and try to do it and let the results take care of themselves (I never like working on too many things at once as it's counterproductive)...  Thing is..... I absolutely love to know the why... why why why?...   So when I thought I was a stupid monkey on the golf course...  I haven't been stupid monkey on the practice...
Level 2: I introduced my friend Josh to golf.  I talked him into going out to our Local 9 hole par three course for a "mixer" or best ball tournament and let him use an old set of clubs I had.  I told him not to worry about his shots, but to just have fun.  If he made a putt or two he would contribute fine to the team.  (He was worried about not contributing and helping).  I let him know how best ball works and it doesn't matter how bad he hit the ball as long as one of...
To buy, or not to buy???  I must say, I'm a huge fan of solid statistics and logical thought processes related to course strategy and lowering your scores - who isn't?.  I'm a simple deep thinker on the golf course lol....  I don't give tons of thought to my swing or making corrections on the course but more playing with whatever my shot shape is looking like that day.  I simply look at my lie, decide what gives me the most consistent result, and adjust to have my miss end...