or Connect

Posts by JP golf

Bushnell Tour V2 here and love it!!!!   It's one of the best things you can add to your bag... Think about it, you will use it every shot and hone in your yardages...  It's well worth every penny.  As a couple other people have mentioned, if you play any tournaments then don't get the one that does slope.  You only need yardages...
I think you learn more about your game if you play a round by yourself and actually pay attention to your pre shot routine etc.  This is the best type of practice you can have.  On course-real situations-  You can play a couple extra shots and don't have to worry about your score... It's stress free...   Play a couple bunker shots Play from certain yardages Hit a couple short clubs off the tee box Play some knock downs from the fairway and some regular shots from the...
I'm really surprised about this... It had to drive him crazy to be on the sidelines for the last two majors.  I have to say, I was at the Open on Sunday, and it would have been a lot more fun with him making a run...   I'm happy for golf but still wish he could have made the open...  I am more of a Tiger fan now that 10 years ago when he was on top of everything.    He is still vastly under appreciated for what he has done for golf overall and how good he has been and...
230 out on a par 5 on the right side deep in the trees.  Water on the left and 215-220 to carry water.  I hit a 18* hybrid through a gap in the trees off the pine straw and started the ball over the water and sliced it back onto the green to 10'  (The green is only about 12-13 yards deep and you have to stop it quick).  Made eagle to win some cuts...      Honestly, it was a very stupid shot to try as the smart play was to pitch out to 175 keeping it short of the water and...
I think the winner is the little Lucy Li-  For 11 the girl has been amazing and more impressive has been the way she has handled herself and her outlook on golf.... I think we could all learn something.  Super impressive- very smart, well mannered, and humble...  I'm a fan...  Our goal should always be to have fun
Honestly, I think the Srixon Z star XV is just as good as the Pro V or Pro V1x...   I played the x for a long time and switched to the Srixon last year.  the Z start and Z star XV are like the Pro V and Pro V1x...   Srixon XV is slightly more firm than the Pro V1x and doesn't spin as much on long shots.....  However, I feel I have more touch around the greens with that ball and I am more consistent with my chips and pitches.  The ball is very predictable around.   Best...
Jordan Spieth -8 Lucas Glover -8 Matt Every -8
 Better players can hit draws but don't necessarily prefer them or play them all the time.  As @mvmac mentioned most good players shape the ball one way or the other.  Know your natural shot and you can eliminate a side, work the ball away from a hazard etc.  Personally, when I was playing my best golf, I was playing a draw... When I quit and started playing again, my ball flight ended up being a fade...  I actually like the fade better because as @flopster mentioned, it's...
 Good Point.
 I have always been a long hitter and was lucky enough to play in college with and against some really good golfers.  Most college players were the 1's and 2's in HS and they are almost all long and straight with decent competitive experience.  Many were capable of hitting 300 yard drives and could carry the ball 270+.  One thing you will notice with a lot of golfers that hit the ball long is their flexibility - something we lose a little of as we get older. It is kind of...