or Connect

Posts by JP golf

Great vids!
I think I'll move to the 7:30 swing next and try to dial that in with my wedges...  I don't spend as much time zoning these in as I should and generally learn more on a slow day on the golf course by dropping a few extra balls at yardages during a practice round...   The aspect I love is the yardage chart on my wedges...  Thanks guys.  All great feedback   -  PS - page 37-40 I must need to re-read lol   @mvmac - Good thread link!  Thanks!
 To hit a "bunt" driver like you refer to, what is your approach?  I know you choke down- but do you shorten your swing? Change your swing path any, just swing a little lighter?  What works for you to be able to pull that shot off?  What's your thought process?  Just curious. 
 Yea, I think I've been working on grooving a 9:00 swing according to this.  Now when I say I finish my follow through about the same, I'm careful not to decelerate.  I do accelerate through the ball but I don't like to consider it a full follow through because it's not (compared to a full swing), I guess it's a complete follow through relative to my backswing.  This is one of my 5 minute practices that I can do each day, just grooving that swing feel of the 9:00 swing so...
So last year I was playing some best ball tournaments and we were consistently 60-100 yards out and I realized I didn't have my distances dialed in...   I went to a 3/4 type swing, lead arm parallel with the ground on back swing with the club perpendicular to ground and mirror that on the follow through...  I don't swing hard but just as hard as it takes to finish in that same spot of my follow through.   P - 85 yards 50* - 65 yards 56* - 40 yards (I've added the...
Got my 5 in - chipping into a shoe box.  My short games has been horrible with no feel from what should be easy up and down opportunities.
This was, and still is my issue as well with driver off the tee.  I'm lucky enough to be long with three wood, or ironically driver off the deck (which I can play with a little cut consistently in the fairway).  The big key for me was in my setup and setting my spin angel correctly.  It helped me start hitting the driver with an ascending blow which reduced my spin and increased my consistency.  I'm still dialing in the driver, but I have a lot more confidence now. The...
......  If you think 90 degree rule refers to the temperature outside - limiting you to only playing if it's in the 80's or lower ......  If you think ready golf is a breach of good golf etiquette
The 3 hole approach was a game changer for me.  You will hear people say take it shot by shot, and leave the hole behind you - but that didn't work for me.  I personally worked better and stayed more focused in small sets.  It helped me piece together a good round in small chunks.  It's really finding your keys and what works for you.  Some of this may be no help, but I can at least share what worked for me when I was playing competitively. Tournaments are really about...
Aye....  I have mixed thoughts on this one.  I think it would be awesome for the women to be able to play Augusta, but part of the allure of the course is it's exclusivity.  The Masters is such a big deal and the history is amazing...  Allowing an LPGA event at the same course could possibly dilute the prestige of the event because we would be seeing more of the course.  It's almost a supply and demand type approach...  Limit our accessibility and the demand stays...