or Connect

Posts by MickeyBlue

I have tried to make adjustments to my swing but it never seemed to work too much. I will play around at the range next time I go. I don't play enough I feel to completely change my swing. I have had the same swing for many years and feel if I can get a driver to fit my swing I know I can repeat my swing. I know I might not ever have the perfect driving stats but if I could increase my launch angle to 10-12 I would be very happy. I could always to continue to hit my 3...
I am in need of a new driver to match my swing. I buy a new driver off the rack every other year and I still have lots of problems of the tee. I am a 7 HC and just got a set of custom fit irons. First time in my whole life (31 years). I found out I needed my irons at 3 degrees of lie up. I have a upright swing. This made a huge difference for my ball striking with my irons and it made me realize I need to order a custom driver as I never looked at the numbers until...
I have a question. I am not sure if I want to pay for a full driver fitting. I have a strong idea of my swing. I have around a 107 mph swing speed with my driver. I have about a 7 degree launch angle. I tend to miss with. Snap hook or a really low drive. I need a driver with a high loft and a shaft that launches the ball with a spin of 2700 rpm. Drives go about 240-260 currently. Any suggestions on a good shaft for my swing speed and the need to get the ball up? I am...
Yes I have seen the website for this place. I think it does help that they are in a downtown setting so golfers have little options if they want to hit balls. I am thinking of a place like this but a little larger with a small lounge/ bar area. Thanks for the info.Yes, this seems to be a common thought that I can't really argue with. There needs to be some business in the summer months. I never thought about being located near softball fields, or some other outdoor venue...
I purchased my new irons from golf galaxy a few weeks ago. I was happy with the service. I think I was there for 2+ hours and the salesman was fine with me asking for 9-10 sets to try. He actually told me to try another set that I had not asked to try after about an hour hitting balls. Turns out that is the set I ended up purchasing. (MP-4's). Still not sure I made the right choice as I've never played blades but I will find out this spring. They sure felt good in the...
I agree that my idea would do little to no business from May-August. Business would slowly increase again in Sept-October when football starts and the weather starts to turn. But really the money would need to be made from Nov-thru mid April. My business plan shows no revenue during May-August and then slowly increasing from there. Where I am from you can't buy land for a driving range that is convenient enough for people to get to. The land is just to expensive now. ...
That place looks really nice. They did it right. I know you stated you don't like simulators to much but what was your thoughts on the aboutgolf sim? I was looking into those? I agree people that drink too much and golf clubs could be a problem.
I would tend to agree with you. I want to go to a place that caters to golfers but also offers beer and basic food. I don't think I need to spend tons of money on the food as I don't think it's the draw. The draw is the golf and beer. As long as the pizza is good guys will be ok with it. I think? I could be wrong.There was a place in MO that opened and closed within 1-1/2 years. The place looked great but I believe they went to big. They had 10+ simulators I think, full...
I understand where you are coming from. If I was at a bar that had a simulator I might use it once or twice a winter. The thing is this will not support the cost of the simulator nor do I think I sell much more alcohol. I would basically be a bar/restaurant. I do not want to compete in this space. There are way to many options of bars people can choose from and me having a simulator is not going to pull in that many more people. Bars succeed based on how many women (...
Just had a chance to take a look at the website link. That place looks really nice. This is the quality of place I would like to open. I sure hope business picks up so you can enjoy this place for many years to come. I know I would be there often if it was near my house as well.