or Connect

Posts by Gunther

My son was visiting the other day. I had bought some new workout gear. Was wearing an Under Armor tee, pretty cool shirt, clima cool, all that. He accused me of wearing a Chris Trager shirt. Funny.
Oh man, my daughter loves that stuff, I cannot develop a taste for it. Wish I could cuz yeah, would be a good carb sub. Purty pricey though, eh?
Nice, definitely something to be proud of; congrats!
Tbh, I'm just trying to keep my head above water now. Not playing much so haven't set a goal. Hope to have some time to dedicate this spring and summer because I really have missed playing and feel energized about the game again.For me, it'll be reps, reps, and more reps til I dial it in. Nothing real technical but my swing thoughts of late are: keep head still, behind ball, ground up, 1, 2, 3 tempo, low and slow take-away. When I can do those 4 things consistently, I...
I was a 5.2 a couple years ago and scratch wasn't a goal, just too big a leap. My goal was to get to 4, actually went to 6, stayed there quite awhile and then moved further upward. My approach was A. Just don't have the time to retool my swing so I thought with more reps, better focus, etc., I could continue down. Guess that was the wrong approach but that's how I did it. If you have the time and scratch is truly your goal, retooling is probably the way to go. It's a...
Had the same problem. Gets much better when Rob Lowe joins the cast, I think later in season 2.
I rapidly lost 30 lbs about 4 yrs ago. I was a pretty good stick then and I was concerned actually, that it would affect my game. On the one hand, I thought I'd be faster so that would help, on the other I figured I was not as strong so that would hurt.As it turned out, there was no impact either way. Didn't notice any change in distance with any club. Maintainted my short game. Total non-event.I gained back 20 or so lbs since, which sux, and I'm not as good as I was then...
Wasn't initially employed as a temp fix but out of necessity because my driver broke. But yes, now with 2 rounds under my belt without a driver, I'm in no rush to get a new one, and all that entails. I do believe I will probably get a new driver at some point this year but it's been an eye opening experience for me, not something I ever would have dreamed of a year ago.
Had it and loved it for 6 months, then lost my swing and gave it up.True but I've found my average distance I don't believe has suffered, in fact, if I were to guess, I'd say my average is more because I'm not spraying it, hitting into rough or trees or bunkers, which kill your average. By landing in the fairway more frequently, I'm getting a little more roll out and I don't think it's hurt me to this point.I think I'll eventually get another driver because I do love...
I recently started playing after a 5-month hiatus. Before my break I became disillusioned because my swing somehow was gone. During the 3 months or so of my struggles, I tried 4 or 5 different drivers, thinking that might help correct my problem. Never did. So, when I started up again, I was stuck with a crap Adams driver that didn't go anywhere. I scrapped it for my 2nd round and went back to my old Nike Sasquatch that was 8 years old. Hit it solidly but it went...