or Connect

Posts by billyjuliano

Shot an 83 yesterday. Amazingly, what has been helping me, more than the driving range, it´s the MENTAL game. I finished reading Bob Rotella´s classic "Golf is not a game of perfect". I just tried not to think about the mechanics of the swing, tried to clear the thoughts, and "just" focused on hitting the ball. It seemed to be working. Had 2 birdies and 5 pars. 
Oops. The pro shoots 4-5 under par, not my son :-). My son is a 13 hcp. Sorry for the misunderstanding!!
Have you ever read Bob Rotella's "Golf is not a game of perfect"? There's a section in that book where - supposedly - there's a conversation between Tom Kite and a few college players, single digit handicappers, and they ask what's the difference between a pro and an amateur... since they shot pretty much the same score, with only a 4 stroke difference. Kite explains that it's pretty much... concentration and the ability to recover from bad shots.    Pro golf is much...
I am using a strategy over the last few months that seems to be working. At all costs, I try to avoid big numbers. Statistically, if you want to improve "a process" the first step is to reduce the variance and then "move the mid point"... Now I choose clubs differently, manage the course more efficiently and check what seems to be working on a certain day.    So if  I'm in the woods, I chip it out instead of going with a very difficult, unlikable shot that I've never had...
As promised, wanted to share some pics and things that I saw today at the Web.com - Brazil Champions today.    The weather was great, and the last group teed off by 12:15. I went with my two sons, and we began following Jon Curran and Alex Cejka.    Curran shot a 69 to win. He did not seem to be threatened by Cejka. But the highlight - at least to us - was the terrific up and down he had on the par 3, 211 y 15th. Cejka played first and landed the ball on the green....
Folks   thanks for the welcome and inputs... will try to do some work on this course layout and will gladly share the result.   @Ernest Jones, this is an example of what I have done so far... not too pretty but it works ok for now: This is a short par 4, with the two tee boxes. Along with the lay out, I put a short explanation of the hole and playing strategy. The white line on the right is the ob line.    @cipher,  the avatar is a pic I took with my son when we...
Hi guys   nice to meet everyone! This is my first post... just joined TST.com. Hopefully someone can give me a hand on an issue that I am facing.    So I became my local club team captain a few weeks ago. This is a course around the Sao Paulo area, Brazil. One of the things I am trying to get done is a new course layout (or course map),  so I can publish it on the course's website.    My first attempt was to map the course using Google Earth and creating the course,...