or Connect

Posts by jas72

Totally in agreement with your last statement. Range time will give you the distances. I can just hear the announcers now:  "What did he just hit into the 8th green there, Roger?"  "Gary, it looks like it was a 37°." 
Maybe so.  I have no idea if my 5-iron is 28° or 31°.  I have heard, though, that there is no industry standard and there has been a gradual change over the last decade or so.  Lofts have decreased somewhat from the 60s and 70s so companies can tout that their irons are longer.  I have been playing for over 40 years and can normally tell just by looking what iron someone has in their hands. Not so any more.  I'll see a pro hit a 7-iron on TV that I'd almost bet was a...
My thoughts exactly.  I play Hogan PCs, and love the thin top line at address and of course they have only numbers on them.  I have an idea that they made a mistake in not going with the traditional numbering system.  I also play Taylor Made fairway woods and they have the loft as well as the normal 3 and 5 designations.  Now, if Hogan had put the traditional numbers but also the loft, that would have been OK, but I don't think the majority of us care what the lofts of our...
What was that Kostis just said?  Something about Rory doesn't curve it on the way up?  The ball starts its spin as soon as the clubhead makes contact.  It is totally out of Rory's control after that.  
We golfers are such creatures of habit.  As I watched the replay of the tee shot and his obvious pain as he was slowly starting to walk toward the fairway, here's a guy who is nearly (or maybe is) a billionaire, reaching down to pick up his tee!  Not once did it seem to even cross his mind that it was going to hurt or this tee is worth just a few cents and I don't need it any more today, he just reflexively reaches down and picks it up.  Amazing.
To each his own.  Coke....Pepsi.   Chevy....Ford.   McCord...Fingernails on Blackboard. Another thing some announcers can't seem to grasp is that the contours of greens don't rely on the vicinity of certain lakes, mountains or other natural objects.  Sometimes a player will miss a putt and an announcer will be absolutely amazed that the ball didn't break toward (insert name of lake or mountain here).  Like the ball just defies physics and doesn't break the way it was...
I couldn't agree more.  You'd think they had some kind of bet going as to who could predict which way the putts broke, and the guy wasn't even that close to the green.  You could tell the guy was getting a bit irritated at McCord's constantly pressing him for how many darn inches the stupid putt was going to break.  Gary, we don't care!  Please stop!
Great...that was exactly the point I was trying to make.  I will never understand the appeal of Robin Williams' enduring fame.  That fake Russian accent with every other phrase and the wild gesticulations for no reason at all.  I saw an interview with Lucille Ball once and she said that she wasn't funny in real life, but she could play funny.  I don't watch golf to be humored by the announcers.  As I said, every once in a while, if the situation warrants, it's OK.  McCord...
I don't recall that particular remark, but I am getting seriously tired of McCord's "schtick".  All this crap about calling the shots, will he make it or not,  or I've got a good feeling about this one is getting old.  I don't give a rat's patootie as to whether or not he guesses correctly or not.  He acts as if everything he says is a routine for "Last Comic Standing" or something.  I don't mind a few light-hearted comments now and again, but he tries to make every...
He's OK, but gets on my nerves sometimes.  I think the problem I have with him is that he tries too hard sometimes to make EVERY comment funny.  I have no problem with a few humorous comments now and then.  It's just that by seemingly making every comment a comedy jewel, he misses more often than he hits.  Not every comment needs to make us chuckle.