or Connect

Posts by Abominals

How and how often do you practice trouble shots?   Was watching an old episode of The Golf Fix last night where he was talking about trouble shots. One example was a shot you need to go 100 yards but the tree line makes you need to keep it under 10 or 15 feet off the ground. I usually go to the range and work on my full normal swing. I mix in some work on draws and fades, but that's it. I would think it's a good idea to mix in some work on these other type of shots, any...
 Curious what you mean by monster swings. I didn't think I was swinging that hard for me but appreciate the feedback. As for what I would like to fix, now that's a good question and I should probably have a better answer, especially since I read the http://thesandtrap.com/t/54840/simple-specific-slow-short-and-success-the-five-s-s-of-great-practice as suggested . My problem was a bad pull/hook at times off the tee. Got me into some serious trouble some holes. I've followed...
A little old but this really cracks me up. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's gone through this basic thought process.     Tried but couldn't find that anyone else posted it: http://www.newyorker.com/humor/2011/07/04/110704sh_shouts_david?currentPage=all
 Like Golfingdad I think for most people it's going to be time you are able to devote, the level of instruction you get, how your approach practice, etc... that will be much bigger factors in improvement than just age. No reason you can't get a lot better after an age like 35. Now if you have already done those things at high level it would be more difficult to improve. Of course I say all this as a 33 year old not so low handicap golfer looking for some big improvements...
Wasn't going to film today, was trying to just relax and work on some of the tips people have given to me. But the session was so bad had to get it on tape. I no longer have a pull/hook, instead just a weak fade sometimes slice this session. The rational side of me wants to see the positives, changes are happening to my swing and it will take time. The irrational side of me wants to break my club in half and go on a 12 state killing spree.   Anywho here are 2 swings,...
 That was helpful. I followed the set-up strategy during the draft, will see how it goes.  Thanks as well
I like the V1 Golf app, only one I've tried really. There is a free version and I think a $5 version. You can do frame by frame and slow motion, draw lines and some other stuff. You can also compare two of your videos side by side, or dowload a pros swing to compare. Decent app overall.
Tried dynamic effort days for the first time. Tuesday upper body - Bench 8 sets of 3 - 155# working on moving bar as fast as possible. Other upper stuff. Wednesday lower body power cleans and squats, emphasis on speed not total weight.
Any fantasy baseball players who know any good follows on twitter or elsewhere? I joined a friends AL only league, don't follow baseball that closely. I'm a Mets fan so baseball gets depressing quick. It's a pretty deep league with weekly transactions and more starting positions on your roster than there even is starters in the AL. I think it's going to be pretty key to know which prospects get called up, who is going to start for a few weeks due to injuries etc.. But no...
Thank you for this. I hit somewhat similar to described in the first video and always thought I was doing it wrong. Some good tips to work on.