or Connect

Posts by TreyWingbat

Maybe Tiger can caddie for Adam?
I shot better than PGA Tour pro Patrick Reed today (sub 82)!
The first year golfing for me my best score was 85.  I just got dialed in.  Now, I did play a lot of sports growing up, including a lot of baseball and hockey, so my co-ordination I felt was always there.  I remember hitting a lot of greens on my second shots, so there wasn't much chipping involved.  My short game has improved the most since I started playing though.   10 years later, I haven't broken 70 or anything.  In fact, I played that same course where I shot 85...
No, it is not RJH999!  It is up to the broadcast corporation to encrypt their signals, and if they are not encrypted, you are fair game to receive them.  Only when you use software or other means to circumvent the encryption means, does it become illegal.   During an NHL on NBC broadcast a few years ago, Mike "Doc" Emrick even welcomed those watching on C-Band during a commercial break, knowing full well there were a few hundred watching legally by this means, as NBC...
Most of the distributed TV signals via the main production truck (for sports) or studios (for TV shows) are done via C-Band satellite, which are the large satellite dishes to deter from rain fade.  Some are also done on the small satellite dishes... which have a 5 digit frequency number such as 12024.   So if you have either of these dishes and a motor, you can get the raw broadcast uplinked from the production truck straight, without commercials!  Not to mention the...
Tape delay... what the beejesus is that?   The telecast was live via the uplink on G3C at 95 degrees West, TP Frq 3827 H, SR 3827 and 3836.   Also some coverage on Ku-Band at AMC 16, 12024 H 7200 and 12033 H 7200.   Audio via the Dolby-E decoder.
So when the pros mishit it, it's about 10 yards off-center basically but still 190 yards down the line with a gap wedge, but sometimes (and I consistently shoot in the low 80's and have broken 80 as well) my mishit seems like I've never ever hit a golf ball in my lifetime.   Now lately, I haven't had too many mishits / duffs off the tee with the driver and irons from the fairway, but just the other day, in not too deep a rough, I barely hit the ball ten yards with a 6-iron...
Eldrick needs to eagle 18.
I bought a membership this year for a company that has 24 total courses, including 7 in my area, and was hoping to hit 100 rounds.  But this season got off to a late start - about mid-April, and it'll probably finish at the end of October, so I don't think I'll quite make it.  I do play other sports as well, including basketball, so that takes up time as well.     But maybe if the season goes to late November, I might make it.  I do plan on golfing a lot in a 2-week...
It's a bloodbath for Eldrick right now.   Some guys might be watching on C-Band wildfeeds... I know they post the co-ordinates on certain websites.  Galaxy 3C seems to be sending this feed out via C-Band, and there were some Tiger Woods' press conferences earlier on Ku-Band.