or Connect

Posts by ztexz

I used a belly putter for about 18 months.  What I found was that my putting improved from 5 feet in...but absolutely tanked from 20 feet out.  I ended up pretty much just swapping out bad putts.  My putts-per-round didn't change at all.
Out of curiosity, what's your pre-shot routine like?  As a 12 Handicapper, you're clearly a fine golfer who can hold their own and is technically proficient.  Do you do the same thing every time, no matter what, before a shot?
 The most recent driver data  I saw was from January 2013, and he was averaging 255 yards.  He would have ranked dead-last on the PGA Tour last year, 15 yards behind Justin Leonard.
I mean, the fundamental flaw in Dan's Plan is that 10,000 is significantly less than what the touring pros are already doing.     Consider: the average, grinding professional on the PGA Tour plays probably 23 events in a season, and let's assume he makes 15 of those cuts.  This is roughly how much time he puts in each season:   15 Made Cuts x 6 rounds during the week (including pro-am + practice rounds) x 8-hours / day (playing time plus practice before / after round)...
I really admire this guy's perseverance, but I think it's pretty clear that he won't be able to make it out of the initial stages of Q-School, much less to the final days and on to the Web.com tour.  Heck, at this point he'd be hard-pressed to win a club championship, especially given what seem to be his blow-ups during competitive rounds.  For example, in August he placed 45th by going 87-80, finishing 24 shots off the winner.  In June, he played in a 3-day tournament and...
Driver: 250-260 (Carry); roll is anywhere from 0 - 30 yards depending on conditions.  Usually it's about 10-15 yards. 4+ Wood: 235 2i: 205 3i: 195 4i: 185 5i: 175 6i: 160 7i: 150 8i: 140 9i: 125 PW: 115 52: 100 SW: 85
From Harvey Penick's "Little Red Book" (p. 48)   "One of my University of Texas golfers was playing in a tournament in North Carolina.  He won his first match handily. He phoned me and said, "The guy I play tomorrow I can beat easily.  He has a bad grip and also a bad swing."   My boy lost the next match. "The lesson to be learned," I told my golfer later, "is don't be afraid of the player with a good grip and a bad swing.  Don't be afraid of a player with a bad grip...
I lift my left heel to take some pressure off of my back.  I was having a lot of problems with sciatica, to the point where I didn't play for 6 months at one stretch.  Letting my left foot drift up naturally, instead of keeping it firmly planted, has been a big help.     The thing I have to guard against -- and which is repeating several other posters -- is (1) Lifting the left knee and dipping down into the ball, or (2) Swaying back off the ball.   If I find myself...
 I don't usually say someone's opinions are idiotic, but this is one of them. Spieth is incredible -- in 15 months, and at the age of 19/20 years old, he went from zero status on the Tour to 10th in the money list, a PGA Tour winner, and playing in the final pair on Sunday at the Masters. "He may win a few majors, but he is not spectacular.""A few majors" is a Hall of Fame career.  It's beyond spectacular: it's among the Top 1/10 of 1% of PGA Tour alumni.  
 I mostly agree.  The one change I would like to see to the Masters field is an end to the lifetime exemption.  It's already a smaller field, and having guys like Craig Staddler or Ben Crenshaw  tie up a spot doesn't do anything for the game, the tournament, or deserving pros (or amateurs) who have an actual shot at making the cut. Let them come participate in the festivities, play the Par 3 tournament with their grandkids, and basically spend the week fawning over them...