or Connect

Posts by scorpion12

ElMachoGolf,   I've got a set of Burner 2.0's. I like them. I think my swing speed isn't much faster than yours... when I have a good swing, my 6 iron goes 150 yards... that's not a rare event but it's entirely too uncommon for me.   The Rocketbladez are like 2 maybe 3 generations newer than the Burner 2.0's... after the 2.0's Taylormade released the Rocketbladez, Speedbladez, Jetspeed, and SLDR... not sure in which exact order those came in.   I paired my 2.0's with...
I think there are drivers and woods out there that have a neutral, draw, and fade bias... not 100% certain whether it's an adjustable hosel or just a club with the face more open or closed...   2 clubs mentioned during a previous thread here from 2011 are below. They have a draw bias.   Ping K15 TaylorMade R9 460
I keep my ball marker (sticks on the end of my divot repair tool... magnets, how do they work?) in my pocket.   I'd like to get a clip and keep it on my hat because I don't like fishing around in my pocket trying to find the marker... amongst a couple of golf balls and maybe a tee or two. It goes in my right pocket and I wear a glove on my right hand... there's a loss of dexterity there.   I know what you're thinking... put it in your other pocket. Nah. Can't. I just...
I'm just getting back into golf this year. I was not aware that Dick's had PGA pros working for them and I sincerely hope that the pros released are able to find gainful employment.   I hadn't been in a Dick's Sporting Goods for a while... I have been avoiding them due to other reasons not stemming from golf.   There's a Sports Authority opening down the street from the nearest to me Dick's Sporting Goods so that probably doesn't bode well for that location (I've never...
Can I ask a few questions?   How thick are they? Will a ball be able to roll over it or will it knock it off its line?   How big are they?   Can they clip onto the magnet in my divot repair tool (the magnet is a little smaller than a quarter)   Is paypal the only payment accepted? I don't use paypal.
Op, going by your pro/con list it looks like you'd benefit more from trying to sell your clubs and freeing up space in your apartment. You'd eliminate clutter and possibly get a few $$ for your set up.   You've said that you no longer enjoy the game, that it's a hassle, that you don't have interest in playing with your uncle on Boxing day, and don't forsee a work related function that will require you to play.   It sounds to me like your cons outweigh your pros. I'd...
I played last Wednesday and scored a 61...it was only 9 holes after work. Hole #  Par  My score 1 4 6 2 4 8 3 5 7 4 4 7 5 3 7 6 5 7 7 3 7 8 4 7 9 3 5   Not too good... I lost 1 ball into the water on #7 so there was a penalty stroke there. I'm trying to play by the rules and count all of my strokes but I'm having a good time anyway.   I blame part of it on the greens. They were aerated in late June and haven't recovered yet but it's most likely my putting...
Do you have the opportunity to open the boxes and seeing what's inside? Are the balls clean and almost new/ new looking? Are the reloads marked "refurbished"? Or are they split, cracked, scuffed, marred, folded, spindled, mutilated, stained and waterlogged from keeping gators and fish company for a few years?   Personally I'm not opposed to playing X-outs or even recycled golf balls but I'm willing to shy away from refurbished golf balls... it's not that my game is that...
I've got a Taylormade stand bag that my buddy gave me. It has 4 dividers I think. Driver goes in by itself at the top. 3 wood goes in with my 4, 5, and 6 irons. 7 wood goes in with my 7, 8, and 9 irons. PW, AW, and SW are in the bottom with my putter.   For me it doesn't matter because I try to walk the course and use a pull cart (which I don't like) and there's a 50-50 chance that my bag will roll while on it 90 degrees.   It's a pain getting my driver and woods out...
I'm a high handicapper. Personally I don't know whether a ball has much influence on my game or not. I've played Slazenger Raw Distance (picked them up cheap years ago before I quit playing for a while) and they seem ok... not long but then again I'm not a long hitter. I picked up some Orlimars the other week and don't notice any difference between the 2 balls.   I honestly don't know whether the balls help bite on the green or not because I'm normally not in a position...