or Connect

Posts by scorpion12

Elmer I know that they tell the military around where I am to begin hydrating the night before they're supposed to have their PT... so I'd say try to drink water the day before you plan on playing... when you pee clear, you're hydrated... unless you're on medication or there's something possibly medically wrong for you... in which case you might pee a different color.   The clear pee thing is what I see posted all over the military bases I've been to (especially in the...
Tailgater, there are several different revolvers out there that would be nice...   Colt Python... not made anymore and to some, prohibitively expensive. Possibly some of the smoothest clockwork action you could ever run into. Nice versions (not worn out and rusted up) can run upwards of $1,500.   Smith and Wesson... earlier versions are nice... you can tell the version by the model number... say a S&W 686-4 would be the 4th revision of the venerable 686 model. If...
Believe me ToblaT, I've tried to push it. It doesn't really lend itself to that and is somewhat difficult to control.
OP, I try to walk when I golf. For that purpose I have a pull cart. I bought it about 20 years ago so it has 2 wheels. I got it before the 3 wheeled carts became popular.   I would highly highly highly recommend that you pick up a 3 wheeled cart. I personally don't like my pull cart. Like was already posted, it causes stress on your elbow and wrist while pulling it and trying to maintain the balance point is just a pain in the butt. My bag also tends to rotate 90 degrees...
Two weeks ago I'm playing 9 after work. Tee off on a par 4 with my driver. It goes its usual 190 yards or so with a slight fade. Not too bad if I do say so myself I think as I walk up to my ball. I check my phone to see the distance to the hole... about 180 yards give or take. I pull out my 7 wood, swing and hit the ball ok. Good flight of the ball as it sails towards the green. Nice shot I think to myself... I might get a birdie here.   I watch my ball as it flies...
Mvmac thanks for the clarification and I understand about keeping the head still during the swing and what I suggested not addressing that at all. I was responding to the OP's request for trying to remain loose through the swing and this is what helped me. Granted, it was a 9 hole sample but the results I got were encouraging and my drives off the tee were right up there with my buddy's where my normal shot is about 10-20 yards behind. I'll leave it to y'all experts on...
Op, check out the dave wilson video on youtube where he's talking about an easy swing. I don't remember the exact name of it right now and can't get to it due to work but he talks about a drill where you choke up on your club a bit and swing it left and right in front of you watching to make sure  you can see the grip moving close to your torso... this gives the feeling of loosening your wrists some through the swing and not being tense.   Also look at some of the swing...
I'm not a fan of the NBA... I saw a Spurs Lakers game once during Kobe Bryant's first or second season because it was something to do and cheap... aside from that, I'm not a basketball fan. Maybe it's because I can't play myself (suck at it)... maybe not.   I much prefer to see the NFL even though I can't play football (suck at flag football so no tackle football for me)...   Not a baseball fan... maybe it's because I can't play (never tried playing it because I...
I'd get a watch.   I carry my phone with me when I play and out it in my back pocket. It's a pain at times to pull the phone out to find the yardage to the pin... I vote watch.
Glad to help BrownCoast but I can't take credit for finding the Snakeeyes balls... someone else on another thread posted about them being a ball that performs better than the low price would seem to allow...   Personally, I just can't see paying $20 or more per dozen for balls that I'm just going to lose but that's just me... and I would rather not hit something off of my club that feels like a rock which is why I normally play Slazenger... but, when looking on the web...