or Connect

Posts by scorpion12

Years ago, when the "featherweight" eyeglass lenses were released at Pearle Vision Express, I picked up a set made in my prescription. I'll admit that the lenses were the lightest ones I had ever worn at the time (especially due to my bad eyes) but I had to take them back after a few days. There was a blueish tint that was on everything that I couldn't stand and found very distraction. The lenses were remade but I still couldn't tolerate them. So I went with polycarbonate...
I've never broken 100 and I've been playing off and on since 1992. I play for fun. I don't practice because I just don't have time. I played a lot more this spring and summer than I ever did previously and my game improved. I'm hitting my driver more straight, irons more reliably, and lose the most strokes because of my short game and putting. One day I'll take lessons but right now I just can't.
I voted drive. I don't like flying.
Aye, there's the rub. Not everyone is interested in Salma hotness vampire or not. Nor would everyone be willing to go meet Phil, Paula, or Rory. There are those that would be willing though.   Sadly, I fear that the local golf store would not be able to draw in a big big name such as Tiger, Phil, Rory, or Michele Wie to attract the masses...   But! Possibly getting with Bridgestone, Cobra, Callaway, TaylorMade, or whomever and they bringing their truck out for a free...
Trickyputt you've kind of got the gist of what I was saying. Using Michael Jordan as an example to pick his brain about basketballs and my game in particular is not exactly what I was thinking but it's close.   If you've got a golf oriented store and you're wanting feet in the door and dollars in the till, then it stands to reason that getting some famous or semi-famous players in the door for a meet and greet could help business. That's my opinion.   They don't even...
I've checked this thread out off and on since it started and I'll throw some thoughts in...   First and foremost I think customer service should come in at a top priority. Example: my wife and I occasionally pass by the perfume counter in one of the department stores in our local mall. There's an independent contractor that has a circuit of stores that occasionally shows up at that store. She remembers us as customers. We might have gone 6 months or more between seeing...
Man, that sucks. At least it's still visible... awhile back there was that al fresco painting that was irreversibly destroyed by a nun that tried to restore it. Same thing... only worse. Maybe. It depends on your perspective and religious beliefs I guess... it can be seen at the link below... or just search for nun destroys...
I like #42. It's the answer to "what's the meaning of life?"
I remember several years ago there was a change in MLB designed to speed the game up... it had something to do with pitching or pitchers or something like that... it sped the game up a bit but apparently the game has evolved for the worse now. I haven't watched MLB for a long time because the games are too long... among other reasons. I'm all for shortening the game.
I'll use Yelp. If I'm somewhere that I'm not familiar with, I'll use it to get an idea of what's around me. I won't trust the 5 star reviews just like I won't trust the 1 star reviews. I'll compare reviews from Yelp, Amazon, Google, Urbanspoon, TripAdvisor, Facebook, and Bing to try to get a balance of how a business really is... some people are impossible to please and will note it online in several paragraphs that their soup was cold or it was raining and they weren't...