or Connect

Posts by scorpion12

No professional player got me to start playing. Since I first played in 1993 or so, I didn't really follow professional golf. I still don't but will occasionally watch a tournament on tv every now and again. If I were to say I followed any pros on tour it would be the lefties. Phil even though he's not truly lefty, that old guy on the Senior tour in the 90's Bob what's his name. Bubba maybe... that's about it.
Hardballs, you might be right in that a full fitting may not benefit a beginner... but there's a chance it could.   Why not take the chance? A beginner that feels they've been fitted for their clubs might be more inclined to continue playing than a beginner that buys their clubs off the rack and wind up spraying the ball all over the course.   I've never been fitted for my clubs. It's never interested me because I never felt that I was good enough to warrant a fitting....
What if the shoe was on another foot per se? Like someone just turned 15 and just got their driving learner's permit. And they get in the driver's seat of a vehicle for their first drive down the road but are told: NO! You can't adjust the seat. You can't adjust the mirrors. You can't adjust the seatbelt height. You suck at driving so you go with what's already there.   I know, it's trying to compare apples to oranges but still.   I disagree with someone that's new to...
I'll join as soon as I can get into my yahoo account.
18 holes 4 times per week. Yeah, I'm envious. I'm not able to do that.
Lihu, your first post describes my golf game to a T. Pun intended. Are you me? I don't think so because I'm here and you're there.   Anyway, I too only hit my drives around 200 yards. Sometimes a bit more, usually a bit less. I can't say I've got the same problem with the worm burners and my 3 and 7 woods... they tend to perform for me. It's my iron play that doesn't play out. I too only hit my 6i about 150 yards. Not too certain about how far my 5i and 4i go but it's...
Nope, don't like it or any other website that's similar. It's too much like the "facebook" interface and I'm not really fond of that either. It's not that I went there a whole lot before the redesign but I'll be going there even less now.
Congrats!
I feel the need to apologize. Thanks to Iacas, it looks like I put some bad information and advice out there. Admittedly it's been several years since I've been down and dirty inside a computer case and spent anything more than a cursory glance at specifications. Apple's market share appears to have grown greatly since the last time I paid attention to it.   Anything I suggested in this thread previously, go ahead and disregard. I've got some research to do. I'd edit my...
Something that isn't really mentioned all that much in the debate between Windows and Mac: Windows is the main target for malware and viruses... this is because there are more installs of Windows OS than Mac. Since that's the case, there are several different anti-virus programs for Windows.   There are many fewer for Mac OS... another thing is that Windows OS knows .exe and .msi file extensions... which is how some malware and viruses wind up being activated. Since Mac...