or Connect

Posts by scorpion12

Op, going by your pro/con list it looks like you'd benefit more from trying to sell your clubs and freeing up space in your apartment. You'd eliminate clutter and possibly get a few $$ for your set up.   You've said that you no longer enjoy the game, that it's a hassle, that you don't have interest in playing with your uncle on Boxing day, and don't forsee a work related function that will require you to play.   It sounds to me like your cons outweigh your pros. I'd...
I played last Wednesday and scored a 61...it was only 9 holes after work. Hole #  Par  My score 1 4 6 2 4 8 3 5 7 4 4 7 5 3 7 6 5 7 7 3 7 8 4 7 9 3 5   Not too good... I lost 1 ball into the water on #7 so there was a penalty stroke there. I'm trying to play by the rules and count all of my strokes but I'm having a good time anyway.   I blame part of it on the greens. They were aerated in late June and haven't recovered yet but it's most likely my putting...
Do you have the opportunity to open the boxes and seeing what's inside? Are the balls clean and almost new/ new looking? Are the reloads marked "refurbished"? Or are they split, cracked, scuffed, marred, folded, spindled, mutilated, stained and waterlogged from keeping gators and fish company for a few years?   Personally I'm not opposed to playing X-outs or even recycled golf balls but I'm willing to shy away from refurbished golf balls... it's not that my game is that...
I've got a Taylormade stand bag that my buddy gave me. It has 4 dividers I think. Driver goes in by itself at the top. 3 wood goes in with my 4, 5, and 6 irons. 7 wood goes in with my 7, 8, and 9 irons. PW, AW, and SW are in the bottom with my putter.   For me it doesn't matter because I try to walk the course and use a pull cart (which I don't like) and there's a 50-50 chance that my bag will roll while on it 90 degrees.   It's a pain getting my driver and woods out...
I'm a high handicapper. Personally I don't know whether a ball has much influence on my game or not. I've played Slazenger Raw Distance (picked them up cheap years ago before I quit playing for a while) and they seem ok... not long but then again I'm not a long hitter. I picked up some Orlimars the other week and don't notice any difference between the 2 balls.   I honestly don't know whether the balls help bite on the green or not because I'm normally not in a position...
I downloaded golflogix hoping to use it to track my golf game but only used it once and then it was only for a couple of holes. (I was riding in a cart instead of walking and was rushed so gave up on it rather quickly)... and am too cheap to pay for a subscription.   I then downloaded swing by swing golf's app... I've been using that a few rounds now, it's free, and has a simple to use distance tracker... just hit the track shot icon, up comes a window that says locking...
I'm envious of lefties that are ambidextrous or even semi-ambidextrous... I remember in first grade my teacher trying to force me to use my right hand to do everything to the point of slapping my left hand with a ruler any time I used it... (things were different back then). After going home that first day and my mom asking why the back of my left hand was an angry red color I told her what the teacher was doing. She flew up to the school and had a "chat" with the teacher...
It's not like there's a race for people to be left-handed. I wouldn't wish it on anyone really. But!   The selection of clubs for lefties is slowly improving (as long as you're not looking for a specific wedge in a specific lie with a specific bounce... you may be sorely disappointed.)
There are a few wedges that are "designed" to rust. Trusy Rusty is one, Vokey Oil Can finish I believe is another...   Playing a rusty wedge shouldn't affect your game or how the ball is struck or comes off the face of the club... the rust might even give the clubface a bit more friction than it would otherwise normally have but not create a problem or rules violation or anything.   I could be wrong on the clubs I mentioned but there are some designed to rust.
I'm a lefty so there's that... I'll drop in here because it's my goal to break 100 sometime before I die. I guess that would be on my bucket list...   I played last Wednesday... only 9 holes but I'm fairly confident that I would have broken 50 had I not lost 2 balls in the woods and 1 ball in the water. It also didn't help matters that I 3 and 4 putted every green I played. (The greens were aerated at the end of June and were still in pretty rough shape)... it's ok...