or Connect

Posts by cfritchie

Yea, I saw the same thing...I buy a few things online but only from top legitimate sellers. I'm a professional photographer and 90% of what I buy is from a local camera store that caters to the professional. The extra 10-15% I pay is worth more then that in the expert service I get in return. On some level I understand if it is a one off or rare purchase...like a car....I'm not married to one dealership so I have no problem playing them against each other.
 You should watch the last issue of Jimmy Roberts "In Play" about all the counterfeit clubs on the market. It will make you never buy from eBay or a random dealer.
Cool! Congrats!
My experience at Dicks was golf seemed like an after thought. the 8x8 small putting green had a rope with a lock on it and you had to ask or get help to try out a putter. The "golf" area seemed crammed into a corner and the selection seems...well somewhat like a Target or Wal-Mart, not like a store that was committed to the golf business.   With that said we have a PGA Superstore 2 minutes from Dicks, and a Golfsmith 10 minutes away. Yes, there is a bit of...
I didn't read every comment..but I think suspect a large portion of the lack of revenue into the golf business is directly related to corporations big and small having to answer to how they spend their dollars.   I would be willing to bet tournament revenues from corporate outings are way down at most golf courses, also there has always been a lot of business done on the golf course with salesman or company representatives treating clients and potential clients to golf...
Take a look at Hogan...   He won 6 majors after the age of 38....   At the age of 40 he won 5 out 6 tournaments he entered, three of those majors.    Let's not forget...   He was in a terrible car crash in 1949 where he had a double-fracture of his pelvis, featured ankle, collarbone, chipped ribs and blood clots.   My point is...to doubt that Tiger can't come back from his injuries...well I wouldn't want to bet my life on it!
 Making the cut and having the highest score on the weekend is a long way from finishing 4th to last. Just ask David Duvall. If we define current greatness by the most recent winner of the Masters...well Tiger beat him this weekend...
Clearly there are those that are Tiger "haters" and love that band wagon. I thought it'd be interesting to compare some facts of Jacks and see where his "era" was.   Jack won 10 majors in 10 years - 1962 to 1972 --- Tiger won 13 majors in 10 years Jack then won 4 majors in 5  more years ---Tiger won 1 major in year 11, his last major and Tiger hasn't won since 2008, 6 years Jack won his last three majors in 8 more years - The longest span for Jack was 6 years between...
 What has crippled his body is the crazy workout sessions and training with the navy seals. Hank did great things for Tiger and if Hank had not quit Tiger I think he'd not be as far off as he is now. Is the "era" over, depends on how you define era. I still believe Tiger will get to 18, it will be hard as the young players are putting it together and figuring the game out. Tiger has to simply figure out how to hit his driver, if he gets the driver going his confidence will...
I didn't read all the comments but here is my opinion....right or wrong...   Sounds to me like you were driving in the left lane doing the speed limit and didn't like the idea of the guy in the red sports car riding your ass the whole 18 mile trip. You could have simply moved over let him by and you both would have had a more enjoyable ride.....   Sometimes being right....is being wrong.