or Connect

Posts by cfritchie

Until recently it was taught that path was the start line...
  Well since you asked...LOL...yeah I choked big time! So on 13..it is typically a tough hole for me..it is a dog leg right but the entire length of the hole along the right side is a large creek with heavy trees, plus the fairway is elevated so if you miss the fairway right it slopes hard into the trees/creek which is marked as a lateral hazard. My "big miss" is a block right and I like to play a right to left ball..but aiming down the center actually set's me up for a...
 I agree...I don't like a bogie on a overly hard course..or an easy course.... Now there are gray lines there...l wouldn't overly celebrate a career round if I felt it was on a course where I was hitting wedges into every hole, reaching all the par 5's in two, etc. With that said...I've shot some 2 or 3 over rounds on a few real hard courses and I'm OK with it but there is still something magical about shooting even par or better...even if the differential doesn't reflect...
I've never seen a round on the tour where they said he shot a -4 but it really was a -2 because of the differential...now with that said...if you play a crazy easy course and you play from the most forward tees...then the round may be a bit skewed...I'd say for a single digit handicapped player playing the championship tees or one up is a legitimate round. If there are black, blue, and white tee's I'll never play the white tee's...it just wouldn't feel right. With that...
My brother turned down a full ride to Tulsa and Hawaii to get married...this was back in the late 70's early 80's. He was burned out because our dad (I didn't grow up with him) pushed him so hard. He stayed in the game as an assistant pro another 10 years but almost never played. If he did he'd shoot 2 or 3 under every time he teed it up. Easily had the talent to play on the tour...he hasn't played a round of golf in probably 15 years...
Did the winners ever get posted?
 I don't pay a lot of attention to the differentials. I'm not a happy camper shooting 75 on a course that is rated 75.1. If I hit it straight, putt and chip well then I'm somewhat content. With that said the Pete Dye course at Stonebridge Ranch is one that has my number. I don't think I've ever broken 80 on it. Shooting even on that course would feel like 2 or 3 under..and the differential would prove likewise.
All my rounds since coming back are posted here...the good bad and ugly.   http://www.golfhandicapnetwork.com/WebForms/GolferDefaultDXGrid.aspx   If the link doesn't work.   http://www.golfhandicapnetwork.com   Chris Fritchie Texas
70.1, 125, -1.9
  Agree on the scratch golfer thing....I bet when I had my handicap card at a zero there were only 4 rounds at par or better..maybe one of those rounds was -1. The thing is the other 6 were not over a 75.