or Connect

Posts by cfritchie

Yips? I don't know...but I'd say no.   What I think is it is clear Tiger has a crazy technical mind, I'd say mine is similar but not anywhere near his level. I've been a pretty decent athlete over the years mainly because I have the ability to analyze a motion and then on some level apply it.   What happens to me when I go through changes or get into a slump is there is just to much going on in my head. I start contradicting myself and all of a sudden I can't figure...
So many of us do stupid things when we are 17, honestly stealing $400 and lieing about it is no different then 80% of the golfers who don't turn in low scores to skew their handicap and then enter a tournament and win prizes from those of us who do turn in every card. I'd like to see the honest stats of 18 and under boys who shoplifted or stole something. I'd bet it is upwards of 75%.
Very interesting read...pun intended.   My first thought was to agree with this.. "“You have to remember that he was 17 years old,” he said, of Reed’s freshman year at Georgia. “We all do a lot of stupid shit when we’re 17.”"   My second thought is to think of my own brother who I did not grow up with, but had the ability to play the tour, he had scholarship offers to top Division 1 schools, this was 30+ years ago. A father I didn't grow up with was a PGA professional...
I think I have a free subscription to GD, this is so poor that I'm going to call them and ask them to stop sending me the magazine. I've been a editorial photographer for 8 years. I'd be ashamed if any magazine I shot for did something like this.
It wouldn't surprise me if the reporter was even "given" the question. I'm still waiting to see one quote from anyone defending Tom Watson? The President of the PGA basically took Phil's side this morning.
 Was I the only one who caught Morning Drive this morning. Tim Rosaforte's comments after he had a telephone conversation with PGA President Ted Bishop during a break on the show? Ted Bishop told Rosaforte that he and Phil had a conversation at the Scottish Open Pro-Am where Mickleson told Bishop that they were getting no communication from Tom Watson, Bishop suggested Mickleson reach out to Watson, which he said he had done and was not getting any communication. I also...
You need to have a conversation with my wife!
I would vote for both answers...   When I heard the press conference Phil was answering the question that was asked..was a dig at Watson..yeah a bit of one. I thought of it as more of "we" meaning all needed to approach things differently.   What I like about some athletes is when they do state their own opinion and are not robots...I suspect that if it got to the point it did in that press conference then it was 200x's worse behind the scenes.   Did Phil cross a...
 Exactly! It was a beating yet..in some ways a lot of fun.. Until on 15 when I absolutely nutted one on my nemesis hole...hit it about 290..yeah...I got some role. I had wedge into the green. As I'm standing over the ball I hear from behind...."Just keep your head down...stay in the shot!" Really "Pro" you just hit hybrid from 205 and are 15 yards short and left of the green!
This is just a rant...and maybe to get a little laugh...at the expense of someone else of course...   Last week was a bit of a long one..this week I knew would be really busy. I had a funeral Saturday so I knew my only chance for a round of golf was Sunday morning.   My home course had a tournament and I was just a walk-up. When they called my name I was informed we'd be the last group out and I was playing with "one of the pro's"...they kinda made it sound...