or Connect

Posts by rgar7

Here they are embedded:    
Thanks again for all of the advice everyone. I've been going to the range and working on my swing a lot and have seen dramatic improvement. I went to the range today and recorded my distances. Here they are: Dr - 200 3w - 130 4i - 170 5i - 155 6i - 175 7i - 165 8i - 150 9i - 135 Pw - 125 Aw - 120 54 - 100 60 - 70 As you can see I'm still having some trouble with my long irons, and my 3w is just ridiculous. I never use that club on the course. I still chunk a fair number...
Went out and played 18 yesterday at Tecolote Canyon. I tried to implement the things you said on all my shots and in general my shots were a lot cleaner.  I had a few shots just dead on, including a drive that carried 305 to the green! (It was off a small cliff, but my drives usually go 200 yards and slice 100 to the right).  I'll get to the range a few times this week and try to make my posture and weight balance a habit on my swing.   I'll post a new swing next week to...
Thanks for the advice! The posture thread was a great read.  I worked on the posture drill you mentioned and was amazed at how different it felt, and especially to see how far I was previously sticking my butt out.  I've just done the drill at home and haven't hit with my new posture yet, but is that something that could have been affecting my slice?  I know there are a plethora of things wrong with my swing, but I figure if I can get as many of the wrinkles ironed out...
I've been Playing Golf for:​ 3 years My current handicap index or average score is: 18-ish My typical ball flight is: Slice.  Most of the time my ball will start straight and then curve very badly to the right.  On a typical drive I'll end up about 150 yards out and 1-2 fairways over.  This happens on my driver and woods all the way up to a 6 iron.  I can hit 7 and shorter pretty well for some reason. The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate...
Hey guys, I've been looking at a few of the golf apps for iPhone and there are some good ones out there that seem to do everything from track every stat imaginable to helping you bet on your match.  I still haven't found one however that has any sort of online leaderboard for each course that you could post your scores to and see how you rank against others.  It seems like there should be something like that out there, has anyone seen anything?