or Connect

Posts by dnaygs

I usually go to the range after work. I stretch my shoulders for a minute, then I swing a club back and forth to loosen up. The range is usually empty, and there is one spot that is aligned perfectly to a green about 120, which is how far I hit my gap wedge, so I start with that. I keep going until I'm hitting the green consistently. Then there is another green about 170, so I hit my 7 iron to that. I can't hit it quite as consistently, but at least 20 to 30% of the...
I didn't realize until recently that I've been casting or releasing my club too early. I started doing this and it really seems to help. I'm wondering if anyone else has tried it. It could be super common for all I know. I don't look at the ball when I swing, I focus several inches in front of the ball, and really try to pretend that's where the ball is and hit that spot. If you have this problem, try this, if only for one swing. I'm curious if it would work or has...
That is just one of several points he makes. There are others. 1. There are more golfers in the world. This means there are more people trying to get on the PGA, which means the PGA will be more selective and the average will be better over time. 2. People have tried many different putting strokes, types of putters, etc. Over the last few decades. New golfers have a lot more knowledge to draw from when learning how to putt. 3. People have a better understanding of...
http://blog.ted.com/2014/03/20/whats-making-athletes-faster-better-stronger-david-epstein-at-ted2014/ I think this applies to putting as well.
http://blog.ted.com/2014/03/20/whats-making-athletes-faster-better-stronger-david-epstein-at-ted2014/ I think this applies to putting as well.
81 at my home course. Par 70, rating 72.5, slope 138.   I really want to break 80 by the end of the summer.
I'm more curious as to why people feel compelled to say anything at all.  It's a very common social convention.  People have a very hard time staying quiet around other people.  Try walking past someone you know in your office and not saying hi.  I think it's more of a social compulsion than anything else.  They need to say something, and "nice shot" is a pretty easy and innocuous thing to say.  I've played with people that say it literally every single shot, like it's...
This happens to me all the time.  I'm playing with people (any people, doesn't matter if they're friends or strangers, their age, anything) and they yell nice shot almost the moment the ball leaves my clubface, only to have the ball eventually curve into the woods or miss the green.  Or they say nice putt on a relatively easy putt that ends up not going in.  I mean it doesn't bother me so much, I still have fun playing, I just don't understand what they're thinking.  Are...
how much do you play?  I find that I need to practice at least an hour a day at least 4 or 5 days a week to be seeing some improvement.  I feel like if I only had time to play once a week or less I wouldn't improve, I would get frustrated, and would eventually quit. 
I took a lesson recently and the instructor told me my backswing and downswing were too steep.  I was practicing yesterday and had a super flat feeling swing with a driver and was hitting the ball well.  Then I switched to a wedge and could not make solid contact until I used a steeper swing.  Is this normal?  It felt like a very big difference.  Should it feel so different?  Should I stick with the flat plane with every club?