or Connect

Posts by dnaygs

I'm more interested in the non-grip related information in the video.  Is that really how the wrists (especially the right wrist) should be hinging?
What's your opinion of this video?  Is the information correct, advisable, legitimate? What's your opinion of Herman Williams?  Does he know what he's talking about?  I don't know anything about him.        
I'm not sure about average, but these are when I hit the ball solid. Driver: 250-280 3W: 240 5W: 230 4i: 210 5i: 200 6i: 180 7i: 170 8i: 160 9i: 150 PW: 140 AW: 120 SW: 100 LW: 80
After reading this strict list. I'm happy and proud to call myself a non-golfer. I'm just trying to have a good time out there.
40-33-73. Par 70. My best round of the year by far and my first ever 9 holes under par.
I usually go to the range after work. I stretch my shoulders for a minute, then I swing a club back and forth to loosen up. The range is usually empty, and there is one spot that is aligned perfectly to a green about 120, which is how far I hit my gap wedge, so I start with that. I keep going until I'm hitting the green consistently. Then there is another green about 170, so I hit my 7 iron to that. I can't hit it quite as consistently, but at least 20 to 30% of the...
I didn't realize until recently that I've been casting or releasing my club too early. I started doing this and it really seems to help. I'm wondering if anyone else has tried it. It could be super common for all I know. I don't look at the ball when I swing, I focus several inches in front of the ball, and really try to pretend that's where the ball is and hit that spot. If you have this problem, try this, if only for one swing. I'm curious if it would work or has...
That is just one of several points he makes. There are others. 1. There are more golfers in the world. This means there are more people trying to get on the PGA, which means the PGA will be more selective and the average will be better over time. 2. People have tried many different putting strokes, types of putters, etc. Over the last few decades. New golfers have a lot more knowledge to draw from when learning how to putt. 3. People have a better understanding of...
http://blog.ted.com/2014/03/20/whats-making-athletes-faster-better-stronger-david-epstein-at-ted2014/ I think this applies to putting as well.
http://blog.ted.com/2014/03/20/whats-making-athletes-faster-better-stronger-david-epstein-at-ted2014/ I think this applies to putting as well.