or Connect

Posts by dkolo

Mine attaches to my divot tool, which in turn clips to the inside of my pocket.
I voted for the 5 iron because that's the longest that came in my set, and it's not a particularly cranked loft. Swung a friend's X2 Hot 4i and I was fine after a few swings but not sure if that qualified. I wish I had a 4i instead of a 4 hybrid.
Absolutely. And the thing is, it's hard to call it a staked "area" because it's just a single line that terminates at some point on either end, so how to draw that angle once you're closer to the dogleg gets increasingly difficult. I mean, you could theoretically shank a ball from the 7th fairway on your approach shot and come to rest near those poles in the fork area between the cart paths, and it'd be very ambiguous as to whether you're OB or not. 
 UPDATE So I've managed to find someone at the course who knew what this issue was. I'm pretty unsatisfied by the answer. The rundown is basically as follows: I asked what the deal was regarding the safety out of bounds markers between the two holes. [For further clarification, if you'll reference the pictures included above (if the quoting works right), these black and white markers exist in the area where the cart paths fork above the little pond and run as far up as the...
I would love to hear what folks have to say about this toThat's not a bad idea, though I've never considered that level of customization considering I'm very budget oriented at this point. I'm sort of making mental notes of these products now for when they're cheaper to buy online next year. Kind of why I feel bad going in to the stores to try them out. Thanks for the idea, though, it sounds interesting!
I'm very interested to hear what people have to say to this question. I've been exploring this, the 2 Deep, and Taylormade's Mini Driver lately. I would like to ideally get it in lieu of a driver altogether because right now I tee off with a Nike Covert Tour 3-wood set to 13°, and get that to about 240 for the most part. I haven't had any trouble hitting it off of mats at the range so far, but I haven't had a chance (or need, really) to hit it off of the ground on the...
Our local Sports Authority had the opposite. The golf section went from being the first thing you see when you walk in to, after a total remodel of the store, buried in the far, far back corner. They eliminated the hitting bay, putting green, and severely curtailed new inventory. They went from having kiosks for every new driver model to none, and they're displaying 4 year old irons, with limited current gen selection. I don't think it's a coincidence that there's a...
Well, there's a ton of issues there, but from personal experience, what I find when I get in trouble with my irons is that I tend to either not hit down on them sufficiently or I catch the ground a bit before the ball. I can get away with that kind of strike more with the shorter irons because the loft will get the ball in the air, but with longer irons, I don't have that help and the shot completely fails. How are your divots? Are you hitting in front of or behind the...
I really wish people would play the right tees for their game. The group ahead of me yesterday, a group of older Asian gentlemen, were playing the blues and... they shouldn't have been playing the blues. On a par 3 that was 210 from the blues, all three hit fairway metals, and all were at least 30 yards short of the green. One topped his tee shot (and since we were always waiting on them all day, I saw him top 4 other tee shots the rest of the day). Meanwhile, I had a 7i...
I've been playing a lot of twilight golf lately at courses around here because with the days so long, it's super cheap, and it keeps me out of the midday heat. The past two weeks, I've been able to get 27 holes of golf in starting around 3:15, and it's been revelatory to me how lousy people are at pace of play. Two week ago, I got out at 3:15. We finished 18 holes at 7:45. I went back to the 10th tee and played #10 alone, before having someone in a cart catch up with me at...