or Connect

Posts by dkolo

I always play later in the day after the morning rush, so I've been sent out as a twosome with my partner or by myself quite a few times. If it happens that another twosome or single catches up, I'll usually invite them to play or accept their invitation to join, but I secretly would absolutely prefer it if I could continue playing alone or with just my partner. I just don't know what the accepted standard is on just insisting on keeping the tee times separate when they...
My new bag has a spot for a bottle, but I just fill it with a few lousy balls for when I finish my bucket at the range on a bad note and want to hit one or two more. My previous bag lacked such a slot, but I never missed it. I don't know if you really need a dedicated water bottle slot. So many people have cupholders when they ride or in their push carts, it seems superfluous. I usually just threw my water bottle into the long pocket on the side of the bag and pulled it...
I do make sure to stick around and shake hands after 18. I've never taken it personally if someone just waved across the green as they walked away, just thought it was odd considering that the handshake has always seemed like a de rigeur formality. As for the hat thing, @Fourputt is right, I've picked it up from TV. I don't know any better one way or another, so I figured if they do it on TV, it's a safe bet to do it myself. Literally the only time I haven't taken my hat...
I'd like chime in quickly that this is a really helpful thread, and one I didn't fully take advantage of until just now. I had a lesson yesterday specifically on driver for the first time with a new (to me) local pro. I've fought the big banana ball slice for, well, since I started playing 2 years ago, and I'd shelved the driver because I couldn't keep it in play, and hit 3 wood every driving hole.   The recent threads about distance being so key made me want to fix the...
Forgive me if I missed it, but has the holiday gift guide been published, or is this thread going to serve that purpose? 
If he's really a beginner, a 3 and 4 iron may be useless. Especially at cranked lofts, those might wind up being really tough. Have him at least try similar long irons before buying them. I bought a full Callaway box set from Costco for $375 two years ago that had 5-SW. The x-24 set. Later iterations have been called RAZR Edge and Xtreme. Same clubs. Really good value. They go Driver, 3w, 5w 4h, 5-SW. All you need to buy is a putter and bag. I've since bought a gap and lob...
This is so accurate for my 22 hcp, it's kind of scary. The graph is coming from inside the house!
Done http://thesandtrap.com/products/caddytek-one-click-folding-4-wheel-golf-push-cart-caddycruiser-one-white/reviews/4990 I just received the golf bag yesterday and haven't had a chance to take it out on the course, so I'll try to review it in the future.
I have the prior year's model of this Caddytek cart. It's wonderful: it folds so easily, it's very reliable, and it rolls very smoothly because it has shocks in the front wheels. http://www.costco.com/Caddytek-One-click-Folding-4-Wheel-Golf-Push-Cart.product.100106467.html I've seen similar models, like their Explorer model, go for around $99 for the 4 wheel. I actually just yesterday bought a brand new stand bag for my clubs despite not having carried my bag on the course...
Don't get too bummed; keep an eye on it over the next few days. They had another sale on it earlier today where it was listed at $159 through Prime. The fact that it keeps returning to $199 makes me think they'll be discounting it again soon. Its price had dropped slowly over the past few months to about $165-$180 before suddenly jumping up to $199 right before Thanksgiving, which they followed with their steep sale. With Cyber Monday in particular, I wouldn't be surprised...