or Connect

Posts by dkolo

I'd like to add that I just noticed you were in Canada. I can't speak to the vagaries of Canadian credit card regulations, but it at least demonstrates that there are potential differences between debit and credit from the consumer perspective, at least in the US. The general rule of thumb is to use credit cards on any significant purchases where you could conceive of making a claim if something were to come up. 
Legal remedies available to you via debit card are more limited. With credit cards you can raise any number of defenses to a charge, while with debit cards, legally, they only care about whether or not you authorized the charge. The issuing bank / provider may or may not choose to be helpful beyond their statutory requirements in the interests of customer service and keeping you happy, but I would never count on that. If they're specifying one and not the other, it's...
That sums up my thinking exactly. It's the fact that with a first-gen product like this we don't have an established timeline for what their upgrade cycle will look like that make me curious of whether that improvement is worth waiting for because it's around the corner vs. a year and half away. I wish it were a Taylormade product, so that we'd already be on the 3rd generation.
Does anyone know how close they are to a second generation with this thing? I see the price is down to a more reasonable $199 on Amazon in the past week from the $230 range, but golf season is winding down in the northeast, so it might be prudent to wait on it until next year, since it seems like it has a lot of potential as a product to grow into more features. I was wondering if people had heard anything on this front. 
You have to read the downslope like a putting green sometimes or you can lose your cart into the woods if it catches a sideslope haha.
Yeah, if the course is hilly, pushing the cart up hills is no picnic. On one course I play, the 14th and 17th holes have huge upslopes right off the tee, so if there's a single riding a cart in our group and we hit the ball relatively near one another, I'll sometimes ask for a lift and just pull my pushcart along side the electric cart.
That distinction is so important and glossed over in the walking vs. riding debate. Buying a pushcart over renting one of the cheap ones at the course has also been a big help for me to make walking easier.
This happened to me today. I'd gotten my handicap down to 22, nearly broke 90 after a few rounds of 91,92. Took a week off and went to the range today and shank city. Either balls were stone cold shanks or I was slicing / fading everything, after hitting a stock draw for the past three months. Even my punch shot that had been dependable went to crap. Wasn't even feeling good pitching with irons. Just felt like the lost kid I was 8 months ago when my swing was in shambles...
Consider paying via credit card so you have some potential recourse if they do indeed shut down prematurely.
I have that exact same putter. It takes a bit of getting used to because of the funky shaft lean. I kinda really like the grip on it. It has a pleasing texture from the microbeads that I like, but it's still firm. Maybe play with different gripping methods and see if they feel better with the unique design of the club before switching grips. I use a standard interlocking grip like my full swing. The putter definitely gets a lot of comments on the course.