or Connect

Posts by dkolo

Honestly, having an accomplishment that I can't feel that I can brag about is the biggest reason that I've started playing meticulously by the rules of golf. I wouldn't feel right claiming a hole in one, or even a birdie, if I'd done something like not take a penalty, moved my ball, or played a mulligan off the tee. So I wouldn't feel right claiming any accomplishment if I'd have to explain an asterisk associated with it.
Lately, what I've been doing is indicating whether I made GIR (probably not) and how I did putting. I'll write whether I made or missed a putt and its approximate distance. Just jotted down on the scorecard below my score for each hole. Nothing fancy, and I don't keep a running database or anything. It'd be interesting to do that though.
Reminds me of their Optiforce driver from last year.
OK, my mistake, I thought I had seen it described as being heavy. I still don't see why it would offer distance forgiveness on off-center strikes, but godspeed in selling the putters. 
So it sounds like you have a putter that's heavy and has high moment of inertia. Sweet. But then I look at the putter. All of the weight is right behind the middle of the putter. That goes against the entire trend of perimeter weighting that promotes forgiveness on off-center strikes. Fine, you're going against the trend and saying "we're doing the opposite of them." Great for marketing. But you have to show how that's a benefit. What you're describing sounds like it...
At the risk of being glib, you're doing a lot of speaking for the putter that speaks for itself. Look, you have to understand, you guys are making the same kind of claims that every upstart gimmick club manufacturer has made. You've said just enough to make it sound sciencey but you've declined to actually delve into specifics. Taylormade, Callaway, and other manufacturers will explain, almost to a fault how their products work, in tremendous detail. Do that. You already...
Fine, but you said it stays square by itself. Those putts in that video, even with the really tight zoom, really clearly didn't go off on the same line. General direction, sure, but those putts aren't within feet of one another. 
As luck would have it, most of us use our hands to hold the putter and don't have to swing using a jig. But if I were ever in a jig-required putting contest, I'd get you guys on the blower.
I think it just applies to whatever score you're trying to save. So, yesterday, when I was in the rough short of the green on a par-4 and pitching to get on with my fourth shot, I was trying to save bogey. I remember thinking "If I could save bogey here, that'd be a great 5." Probably the only reason I remember it is because I actually wound up getting up and down for a change. 
The PGA Tour disagrees with you, and so do I: Sand Save Percentage: "The percent of time a player was able to get 'up and down' once in a greenside sand bunker (regardless of score). Note: 'Up and down' indicates it took the player 2 shots or less to put the ball in the hole from that point." http://www.pgatour.com/stats/stat.111.html