or Connect

Posts by Vinsk

Fair enough, but I'm just not sure why you refer to a zero, scratch golfer as a "hack".  You have presented your opinion with well, nothing but an opinion. Erik (Iacas) and I have presented some statistics as well as Iacas' experience as a teaching pro. It's not a pissing match. I think it's a hell of a good debate (thanks Iacas) and fun to discuss.   My comments are not intended to sound sexist. My, annoyance if you will, is that I thought this was just a great and well...
@buckeyenut Putting. There is no perfect putting stat. Putts per round is affected by the number of missed greens and scrambling, so it is a meaningless measure. The PGA Tour’s relatively new Strokes Gained Putting stat is esoteric, and anyway, the LPGA doesn’t use it. All we can compare is putts per green hit in regulation, which both tours keep. Stacy Lewis is first in the LPGA stats at 1.743 putts per GIR. She would rank 20th on the PGA Tour stats. She is followed by...
And what was James Hahn ranked when he won last week?
@BuckeyeNut You're actually wrong. Chad is a zero handicap and he's eliminated 4 in a row on elimination challenges as well as beating Annika Sorenstem on a stableford points. But I guess you don't consider that as being able to compete.
There’s more to this than the women playing the same course. The USGA is determined to try to set up Pinehurst No. 2 so the men and women will be playing it in relatively the same conditions. That usually isn't the case. Hell they even SHOWED the maintenance crew soaking the greens for the U.S. Open last year. They had mowers out there for cryin out loud! The men were all talking how difficult the greens were and how you couldn't afford any errors......what did Staci...
@acerimusdux Perhaps you missed some previous posts. I'm not hung up on distance. For all those who are convinced that female college golfers, LPGA..are the most amazing athletes on the planet that's fine. They can easily beat any non-pro male hands down. Fine that's wonderful, I'm not going to argue with that. What I'm saying, asking is with the LPGA consisting of such pristine talent and only a small margin of pure distance exists between them and then men....then why...
@boogielicious No it wouldn't . She's not perpetually 17yrs old. She turns 18 and gets on tour. What's the hurry? I just think when an 11yr old child can qualify for the US Open, it makes the top 10 ladies look less accomplished. I believe in the first round she beat Natalie Gulbis. Something is awry.
@DrvFrShow Then you may politely leave. It's a discussion. Take your football and go home.
was looking at Kiawah Island and thier 6200 132 slope yard tee box had both mens and womans handicap index. 76.7 women and 70.9 mens. That would mean the woman would have to be a +6 to equal a scratch male. Their 7356 144 slope has a rating of 77.3 That is an extra 1000 yards and 12 degrees equals the same handicap. From 6800 138 it is a 73.5. I just have to imagine that for a woman that would be an 80+. based on the progression. Female golfer would have to play to a +8 to...
@GHIN0011458 yeah...you're probably right. I just have watched so much more LPGA than ever before of late and I get irked when the announcers (Judy Rankin particularly) make comparisons with the men. I don't think they come close. Annika proved that years ago. I must admit that in previous posts I think I was referring to PGA tour players rather than local yokal scratch golfers and for that...my mistake. I've played with many young college and recreational scratch golfers...