or Connect

Posts by yorkshirehorse

I don't think I swing out of my shoes, I just think I have a good solid build (if I say so myself) and a decent technique that allows me to hit the ball a decent way, but it's always controlled.  There are taller guys who hit the ball further with driver than me at club, but on irons they come back to my level, what they have over me in distance they also have in handicap shots!!   Ball placement is something I have tinkered with slightly, worried that coming so steep...
yea I'm not up much on the bounce really   I traded a 52 / 56 and 60 in for a 52 and a 58   Found that I never really used my 60, but that a 58 would allow me to hit 60yd shots and then any flops or high balls around the green   It is useless out of bunkers, which I know will be because the bounce on the 56 wedge will have been for bunker shots, but getting 60yds with it is just a massive no no at the moment   maybe i should go back to a 56?   although the 52...
Looks a good video, don't mind trying things like that at the range, then can go find a quiet hole and hit 20 odd practice balls to a green from varying distances, thanks
If I do swing differently then I don't do it intentionally   If I go on the range (with a hard mat giving resistance) I can get some good distance with them tbh, but out on the course whether I tighten up and narrow the swing path a little I don't know, just tend to catch em a bit fat sometimes or even if I connect properly they don't go   On my course I can usually find myself at the 90-115yd point on the shorter par 4 holes, and because I've made a conscious effort...
First time member / poster here - be gentle !!   Current handicap is 6.3, have been as low as 4.8 a couple of years ago   5' 7" but a decent build, hit the ball regularly 280+ off the tee, fairly accurate id say   my irons distances are: 9iron 140-145 / 8iron 150-155 / 7 iron 160-165 etc etc etc   Problem I have is when I get to my wedges - I can hit my PW 125yds fairly easily and with good accuracy   I carry a 52 and a 58, the 52 I only get 100yds on if I nail...