or Connect

Posts by mdaugherty24

Thanks for all the post and suggestions! I defiantly have a lot of information to get me started
I third the comments on Tobacco Road as well, its a little tricked out for me but i enjoy playing it once or twice a year. Its like one of those courses you always see promotions for kinda like a tourist trap course. The landscape is beautiful, there are no houses on the courses and it can be very scenic. There aren't any courses like it in the area besides its sister course Tot Hill Farm.  It can be a fun course to play once you are familiar with all the blind tee shots...
I'm 31 years old, 6'1" tall and 220 lbs. After a recent Doctors visit, my blood pressure, cholesterol and glucose levels were all well above normal but not dangerously high. A combination of my diet, fitness and smoking are all the main contributors. I have got to start making some serious life changes, any help or advice would be much appreciated.   To start, I have quit smoking and started walking 30 minutes twice a day. Does anyone have any suggestions on better...
My home course in Foxfire Village, North Carolina   http://www.foxfireresortandgolf.com/
Boogielicious- I've lived in Pinehurst my whole life, played every course in the area many of times. Two of my favorites are the elks club and pine needles, I like the Donald Ross designs the most. So many great courses it's hard to pick.
Great post! Very helpful!
Here is a list of my top 25 best courses around the Pinehurst area if anyone is ever planning a golf trip to the Sandhills of North Carolina. There are alot of great courses to choose from and all are unique in many ways. Everything outside of the top 10 is on golfnow and can be played for fairly cheap. Some of the courses in the top 10 are Private but if you can get on them you wont be disappointed! There are a ton of other courses about a 45 min drive away. Anderson...
I just replaced my 17 degree 5W with a 17 degree hybrid. Although I have lost 5 to 10 yards of the tee due to the shorter shaft, i still find the hybrid to be more versatile overall. Other than distance, I can work the ball both ways and control my trajectory way better with a hybrid. No matter the lie on par 5's, I feel way more confident when going for the green in 2 because of the forgiveness of the hybrid vs the fairway wood. My consistency on long par 3's has also...