or Connect

Posts by Kev McDonald

Some people describe turning the hands as allowing the left hand to speed up against the right. Ben Hogans say the left wrist should pronate as it hits the ball. Either way it should be a conscious decision but it should still happen to allow the club face to return to the ball for a cleaner strike. Feel is a way to describe how I get to that position sometimes. forcing it will make you push it left as you'll over compensate.
The title of the thread is just a selection of the many swing thoughts that I went through until recently. I have only taken up the game in the last three years but I am obsessed with the technique of the swing. Having looked through many useful videos I have discovered a feel in the swing that helps me, so I thought I'd share it and maybe help others.   1. In the back swing I try and ensure the club is horizontal when its level with my hip and the club head is just...
Anything over 220 is a good drive and leaves you a good chance for GIR my mate hits his driver about 270-290 and plays off 7. I hit mine 240 on my best day and still compete with him. People want to smash it like Bubba but it'll never happen for the majority of us so iron play is your best bet and using Hybrids to help get it close. I've realized now that the putter is the deadliest weapon and mastering that will help no end.
Thanks for the advice,   I'll definitely trawl through the forum links and look at the posts.The differences in club fitting are interesting and I'll look to see how things are towards the end of the year and find a place to get fitted.   Winter here in the UK is a good time for off season practice and adjustment. Uploading a video of my swing is great idea so I'll look to do that soon.   My GIR stats are pretty poor so accuracy is clearly needed so a good coach will...
Hi all,   This is my first post since joining and I am after some advice on my clubs. Currently I have the following in the bag:   Big Bertha Driver (2008 one) with a regular shaft, given from a friend. Nike Covert 3 Wood (2013) stiff shaft. Nike Slingshot 3 Hybrid to PW (2010) regular shaft. Cleveland 588 RTX 56 Degree (2013). Cleveland 588 DIADIC 53 Degree. Nike Clearview putter.   The Covert is a recent purchase and the stiff shaft seems to work well for me,...