or Connect

Posts by dwidep

I had a Callaway fusion ft-3 driver that I played with for years until I bought a rocketballz this year.   Both 9 degrees, but I couldn't hit the new driver straight to save my life.  I have always been a pretty good driver and it was very frustrating to have this horrible slice come out of nowhere.  I went to the range and experimented quite a bit, but I finally was able to solve my problem.  With the fusion, I lined the ball up off of my left heel, but when I did that...
I am ~12-13 handicapper and I love my prov1s (although I wish they came in yellow).  However, I probably only lose a ball per round, and most of the time I retire them because of cart path/rock scratches.  I would not pay $50 for 12 new ones, but I have no problem paying $65 for 30 or so.  I buy the 36 pack of AAA recycled from amazon.com, and typically 4 or 5 will have scuffs or marks bad enough that I wont take them on the course, but they are fine for chipping or...
I used to have that issue until I started moving the ball farther back into the middle of my stance.  I got to where I could hit my driver straight with more consistency and accuracy than anyone else that I played with.  Recently I bought a RBZ bonded driver with a "stiff" shaft and now I am having to tee the ball up in front of my left foot (completely in front of my body).  When I move the ball where I am supposed to off of my left heel I always have a massive fade.  By...
I dont take practice swings on the course unless I'm not hitting a full shot.  I know how to hit the ball, and I know how far I hit my clubs.  I pick a club and a shot, visualize it in my mind, and then pick a direction to hit the ball (on the ground right in front of the ball).  after I make those decisions, I never look at the target again.  After I set myself up, I am no longer worried about where the ball is going to go because I know that the ball will go where I want...
Thanks for the insight.  I have really high loft on all of my irons (I don't hit anything higher than a 5) so they usually stop within 5 feet or so.  I will check out some NXT's next time I buy balls.  Thanks again
I shoot in the mid 80's usually, and although I've never had it measured, my swing speed is in the neighborhood of 110.  I have been using only yellow DT solo's for the past few years because I like a yellow ball and they say Titleist on them.  Last weekend I got matched up with some low handicap golfers, and they were questioning my choice of ball.  Like I said earlier, I don't really have a reason for choosing that ball except that I prefer yellow ones.  What exactly...