or Connect

Posts by DriveBomber

Well this is horrible.  The tournament is tomorrow, and today i caught a severe case of the "shanks" with my irons. off of the tee i have been ok, but irons are literally going sideways, which is not like me at all, as i normally shoot in the 80s.  Luckily, i have a late tee time for the tournament and have a morning lesson scheduled with the pro i have been taking lessons from to hopefully solve the shanks.  But does anyone have any ideas on how to get rid of them??
Today was better, by about 15 strokes actually, but is still not what i should be hitting.  My front nine was plagued by excessive penalty strokes and shot an awful 50.  On the back, I was playing my game though, i started to get the tee shots where i am used to having them, setting up easier approach shots.  Too bad my putting sucked, so i ended up with a 43 because there was one hole on the back that i completely messed up on and made an 8.  So, starting to get the feel...
Thanks, guys. Well I have played the course several times before, and shot low 80s. I am also used to not using mulligans, as I played on my high school team where obviously all rules are in effect for matches. I didn't exactly feel that nervous, I don't really know. I did play 9 more holes today at my home course (which hosts a tournament later on) and shot a comfortable 43. The tournament I played in today is a 2 day event, so I'm back at it tomorrow, hopefully will do...
Well, ive played in a couple of summer tournaments this year and they have gone horribly.  Like really bad, about 25 strokes worse than what i have been used to shooting all season.  Obviously nerves must be kicking in, but basically, how do i make myself perform more like my usual self, it is starting to get embarrassing
Yeah, but im just saying, as a 15 year old who has taken golf seriously for about a year coming within 5 strokes of someone who does it for a living? 
Just a little input here. When i was playing at my home course one weekend me and my friend got paired up with about a 25 year old guy who had just graduated from golf school and is now an assistant pro, soon to be the head pro (current pro very old) at a respectable local course.  I was expecting something like a 68-72 range from this guy, but this was not the case at all.  I had a decent day for myself and shot 84, but this guy was very whiny but clearly had some good...
Hi, i am 15 years old and fairly new to the game of golf, but have really started to take it seriously this past year.  My average score at my home course on weekends is usually in the 84-90 range.  In my high school matches (our home course for school is much harder than my home course) i tend to be around 45 (give or take a few) for 9 holes on average.  As I am getting serious about the game, obviously breaking 80 is something I want to do in the near future.  What kills...
SavvySwede--- I live in connecticut so the golf season is not too long, usually march to late november saevel25--- Yes, lessons sound like a good idea.  I have been pretty self taught to this point, but my dad also enjoys to play golf so he is very interested in my recent improvements, and has already lined up lessons with a reputable pga professional starting soon.  I am very committed to golf, i play every day assuming clement weather.  Thanks for giving me the true...
Hello, I am 15 years old, sophomore in high school and still relatively new to golf, played only a few times a year from ages 10-13, started to play lots last year.  i decided to go out for my high school team, and made it, and have played a varsity match and have done well in JV.  I shot 86 today, (45 front 41 back) which was my best 18 hole performance, and the 41 on the back being my best 9 hole round ever.  This score is a HUGE improvement from last year, where i would...
Thank you!! It was interesting today, i was expecting to be the 2nd guy on JV, but 2 players in the top 5 didnt show so i was thrown into the varsity match.  I played ok and shot 46, and my opponent shot 50 (i could tell he was better than me, just did not know the course/greens well at all), but it was good to get varsity experience as a sophomore and a victory as well.