or Connect

Posts by skydog

He definitely sounds like a homer with his praise for Day and Scott...   That said,  I do think there's some truth to his words and I've heard several recent tour players (Feherty being one) express this idea about their own careers. Playing with the lead and in true contention on Sunday carries a great deal of responsibility, and in a lot of cases, disappointment that can lead to a lot of mental scar tissue. Over time, some players consciously or subconsciously...
Like I said here  http://thesandtrap.com/t/76466/rory-has-no-star-power I don't think Rory is capable of anchoring the game here over the next 10 years. No doubt golf is going to be hurting without Tiger...I really hope the sport doesn't fade into tennis like obscurity following Samras/Agassi but at this point it's hard to envision a winning, magnetic American to step up and take the torch. The game endured a slump in US star power in the late 80s/early 90s (Faldo, Norman...
  ::scratching head::. I'm no Al Gore fan by any means but I may question your understanding of slander. Who would sue Al Gore? The world?? Slander has to be based on false claims against an individual that are damaging to a reputation...Olsen's words appear to fit that bill.
 Very bad attempt at a topical analogy, FYI. Science is rarely black and white and there is often room for truly differing opinions. Whether or not someone took drugs IS black and white and isn't open to any interpretation. Olsen is trying to backtrack to to save his butt from legal action. Plain and simple. At no point can what he said originally be construed as 'just his opinion'. He said everything as if it were fact, so if Tiger wants to crush this guy in court I'm...
 ^^That's a fair point. Optics either way aren't great here for Tiger I guess. It's unfortunate, I just don't like to see unfounded/untrue rumors get thrown out there without consequences.
Bob Harig on ESPN is surprisingly reporting on this story today with regards to Tiger's agent and the tour refuting the accusation.   Olsen's accusations don't add up. He's insinuating that the suspsenension is obviously for recent  PED use...the tour is required to report PED infractions and minimum suspension is one year. IF Tiger was caught doping and the tour didn't want to report it/suspend for a year for obvious financial reasons (per the conspiracy theories) then...
 Very untrue. I'm not a Dufner fan and have no problem admitting that. He's one of my 2 or 3 least favorite guys on tour and the list of guys I dislike can be counted on one hand. Guys I like? SnedsDJSpiethFowlerWalkerEnglishHorschelG MacHarringtonEls ....and the list goes on and on. I'm indifferent to Tiger and Rory. And iacas there was no position to 'defend'...I was making a joke. If you choose to not like said comment, so be it, but there's nothing to argue for or...
 Dude, I was making a joke. Relax. So now I can't make predictions (i.e. "wild guess") about the future or poke fun at players on this forum? I would love to have a fun place to talk golf in a light-hearted way.
  I'm sorry but this couple has brought a little tongue in cheek criticism upon themselves. They're not exactly the class of the tour
 Well, she obviously married him for his charming personality so I can't imagine she's going anywhere....as long as the checks keep coming in