or Connect

Posts by skydog

Ok, so like I said, apparently next to no one agrees with me here so I'll let this thread die but to summarize my issues since apprently they aren't getting through 1.) As a former player, don't broadcast that you didn't watch a minute of the RC. It's akin to your wife asking you if she looks fat- sometimes honesty isn't always required. I couldn't care less if he watched it or not, but yes, I would have preferred a little tactful dishonesty in this case. And more...
 Did  I say or imply that anywhere?? For the third time now,  I couldn't care less if you or Dufner watched. That's not what this is about
Fair enough. As usual, I'm in the minority here. We'll agree to disagree
 The past isn't prologue when you're dealing with degenerative back and nerve issues. Joe Theismann was a great quarterback once, that changed when LT hit him. Certain injuries change things permanently and can throw past greatness out the window.  I wouldn't put Bernhard in the all time greats camp anyways, but you do realize he won his last (PGA tour) major at 35, right?   Predicting yes, but I've never hoped Tiger fails. And by all means, I'm glad people still have...
 Does Vegas let you take the 1:15 odds of him not winning??   Phil didn't enter his 40s as a bionic shell with nearly every apendage and major body part having been replaced or operated on.  Not too mention he has a longer, more fluid swing that has shown to perform better against father time (a la Snead, Singh, Nicklaus, etc.). Winning majors and competing at a high level into your 40s is much more the exception than the norm, even for the great players. I love how people...
I couldn't care less if he watched it either.  But if you choose not to watch it, don't try to stay relevant on twitter afterwards. I don't come into the office on Monday and throw out a "yea that Romo really blew it yesterday" if I didn't catch a minute of the game on Sunday.
http://www.golfchannel.com/news/associated-press/dufner-returns-australia-didnt-watch-ryder-cup/?cid=Email_WednesdayNL_20141022   I know a lot of you like this guy despite him not bringing much to the table table or having any personality to speak of, but this irritates me. First off, as a former player and an American, don't broadcast that you didn't watch any of the Ryder Cup. If you don't want to watch, that's fine, but don't announce that to your country and former...
 I could spend a few weeks on this paragraph but will refrain as this is a golf forum. I'll just say MSchott that you need a serious lesson in free-market Austrian Economics. Do yourself a favor and pick up a copy of 'The Road to Sefdom' and read it a few times.
 True, but unfortunately there isn't much hope (or change) for those sad souls regardless of what the Shark says.
 Agreed. I've never been quite sure why someone would pay their own dime to go to any one of the countlessly generic athlete steak houses across the country (Shula's, Elway's, Norman's etc). I've been a few times to them for work meetings (not on my dime) but in any of the cities they're in, there are typically many more unique, better, and less expensive restaurant options out there. Like opening a vineyard it seems like much more of self-serving status symbol for these...