or Connect

Posts by Ho Chi Chi Vinh

jimmy walker -4   jonas blixt -3   henrik stenson -2
Level Par on a Par 31.. 9 hole Executive course(Candler Park Golf Course in Atlanta)...a walking course...was a blast to walk again
I've read every post here and its funny my highest score thus far this year had been 83...after reading this topic I went out on Monday and shot a scintillating 93. I am no vanity handicapper...I count every stroke and hole out everything. This was the highest score I've shot in a number of years...it was dreadful...I shot a 44 on the front side and decided to press on the back side and man the freakin wheels came off as did my composure and i shot a 49 on the back...
You mean the 'American? model of golf is unsustainable ? Big shock that is
I've played in numerous match play events over the years and have never once encountered the kind of sore losing that is described here but I'm sure it exists. Match play truly is a game within a game and there are many styles of 'gamemanship'. I think the best style (for me) is to hit fairways and greens and steadily apply pressure forcing one's opponent to take some risks that maybe he ordinarily wouldn't, that consequently might force an error.   Many styles of...
I do too Dave...I always know where I stand in relation to Par...whether I care or not is another story...in a fun round with friends I could care less...in a medal play tournament I do care but it doesn't interfere with my playing the shot at hand ( I don't take unrealistic risks in order to get a shot or two back,etc etc)
I believe the thread was about STRATEGY and how it relates to a high handicapper....obviously consistent ball striking is a much bigger factor...but that wasn't the question here
All this preoccupation with swing speed & distance...screw it...play f'in Golf...much more to Golf than freakin swing speed and distance (But not if you drink the Taylormade koolaid)
Im 62...swing speed is between 95-105 depending (only tested at PGA Tour Superstore) I would safely assume mostly the high 90s as I rarely swing full out
Nice thread...congrats on your new blades Paiste...enjoy them !   I played blades for years...Wilson Staff and the best blades I've ever owned Macgregor Tourney Reg M75T...played them until my car was stolen (and never recovered) along with my clubs back in 2004...they were made in the 60s and were simply great...I've had some health issues and have returned to the game after a 4 year hiatus...being aged 62 I naturally thought I might need some more forgiving irons and...