or Connect

Posts by Aguirre

It's different, of course, but why continue to give Freddie Couples President's Cup captaincies and drag Tom Watson out of the ICU?  It doesn't make sense to me.  I'd rather see them give it to somebody like Rocco Mediate than Tom Watson, despite credentials.
Those two wounded veterans illustrate, IMO, exactly what has been wrong with the approach of the US captains over the years.  They treat it far too importantly.  Bring in some guys with awful war wounds to tell them about playing for their country (as if there is any relevance to bringing in wounded soldiers to a sporting event).  Bring in former US Presidents and Michael Jordan for pep talks.  Meanwhile, the Euros are drinking pints and shooting pool.     I've no idea...
Definite sandbagger.
 People (particularly women) often pick up the game later in life.  Nobody starts playing in a basketball league at age 55.  But the age of golfers doesn't worry me.  When I was a kid 30 years ago, I remember sports writers talking about baseball's imminent death, because of the ages of fans.  Here we are, a generation later, and MLB is the second richest sports league in the world, not all that far behind the NFL in revenues. The problem private clubs are facing has less...
Pretty much this.
 The guy is making cultural generalizations when he lives in Florida.
 I believe that's just the black course.   And I think he's nicknaming it 'backup Bethpage' because it takes forever to get a round in.
No, I understand what you mean.  That 97 I was talking about didn't panic me, as I felt that everything was still working.  Shooting that high made no sense.  Sometimes circumstances come together to produce a score that seems far higher or lower than it should be.  We tend to remember the former more than the latter.  
It's quite common.  I remember once on a trip to Myrtle I basically shot between 75-82 for the entire 10 days save for a 97.  I don't know what the hell happened that day.     Even single digit handicappers can suddenly get the shanks or smother hooks that lead to doubles and triples and ruin a round.  
 Dayam, I'm gonna need some salve for all these sick burns.