or Connect

Posts by Mark141

Sorry, but I'm going to have to disagree with the other posters.  Total putts, fairways hits and many other stats. are pretty useless because -- for example --  a poor iron player that is chipping onto most greens will of course have a fewer putts than the player that is on in regulation.  I very much welcome the total strokes gained presented as a statistic.  I've used this system to track my own game and for once I have meaningful statistics.  Yes, it's a bit esoteric,...
The wooden tee markers in the morning are out, and all I have to go on are the permanent, round, embedded tee markers on one side of the box used for calibrating distances from various tees.
Just last week I was able to make it to a single digit (just barely), descending from a 20 to a 16 to a 13, and now 9.9.  Here's what I now know:   * I'm not sure my drives are better, but I've eliminated (usually) the OB's, hitting into hazard, etc.  Some days I'm often in the fairway, but other days I'm in the rough.  Essentially I've gotten my drives "good enough" for a single digit.   * I've worked had to round out my game:  distance wedges, sand, chipping, punch...
I often play my course earlier in the morning the the tees are being mowed are the wooden tee markers are removed.  Without tee markets I play from the embedded tee tile markers.  Here's my nit-picking question:  Using the embedded tee marker to define my tee box, I know I can go two clubs back, but can I go all the way across the tee, or should I limit the the distance to the typical width of a tee marker.  Some of tee boxes have uneven lies, and going all away across...
I would break it down as follows:   Finding a Pro -- Find a PGA Professional and sign up for a series of at least six lessons.  Follow the practice advice between lessons, and be prepared to have your game get worse before it gets better.  We all have bad habits that take time to undo. Don't feel obligated to go with whichever pro is closest.  As someone who has taken a lot of lessons I can say that the student-teacher chemistry is very important and each pro has a...