or Connect

Posts by rdsandy

Final comparison round. I played from the blacks (tips) tonight for a change, 3451 yards. The other rounds were from the Blues (middle) 3050 average.   PV1 44, 2 GIR, 1 NGIR, 15 putts   MG ball 44, 2 GIR, 1 NGIR, 16 putts   All four GIRs were on the par 3s.   One par 3 was 223 yd water in front bunkers on both sides into a stiff wind. I hit a driver to within 6 feet with the MG and made the birdie putt. The PV1 was a par.   The other par 3 had 2 regulation...
 To take a line from a book I read, Lowest Score Wins. My results show this ball can produce lower scores, at least for me. Their web site shows a robot test comparison that states the MG is +9.2 longer in total driving distance over the PV1. My observations confirm this, at least anecdotally. The robot test for wedge spin was essentially the same, which again, I concur with, both balls perform the same into the green. 
 The streak has been broken. Last night results: ProV1 40, 1 GIR, 6 NGIR, 4 NGIR conversions 14 putts MG ball 44, 2 GIR, 3 NGIR, 2 NGIR conversions, 16 putts, 1 OB For the drives on 3 holes I felt I hit essentially the same, both balls were relatively close to each other, the MG was further by, 10, 8, 7 yards.  For the last six 9 hole rounds recorded, the MG is better by 18 strokes or 3 per 9 holes. I will probably do this one more time tonight and will report the final...
 Played nine again tonight, two balls MG and ProV1: MG 38, 2 GIR, 5 NGIR, 1 Sand save, 4 NGIR conversions, 14 putts, 1 penalty.ProV1 45, 3 GIR, 3 NGIR, 1 NGIR conversion, 16 putts.
No, it's not MacGregor as far as I know. It's just MGgolf.com (disclaimer, no affiliation with MG golf blah, blah, blah, just a customer)   As to the confidence, I love a ProV1 so it was not like I was putting out negative vibes when I was hitting the Titleist. In fact, I thought about that playing the rounds. I mark my balls with 2 red dots and 2 blue dots on each side of the ball and there were many times when I teed up I did not see the logo so wasn't sure which ball...
If the new one doesn't work out,    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mizuno-MPR-Series-Wedge-56-/251538351699?pt=Golf_Clubs&hash=item3a90daa653
I heard about these balls from MG golf that are supposed to be as good as or better than ProV1 @ $20/dozen. I bought a box to try them.    I have been playing $6 nine hole golf after 5 at my local courses. I get the last tee time, and most of the times I'm playing alone. The last four times I played alone I hit two balls. To keep track, I would play a ProV1 and the MG ball.   Here are the last 4 round results:   PV1 44 MG 41 PV1 43 MG 40 PV1 46 MG 42 (2 penalty...
As I was reading your description of McCord I was reminded of Robin Williams and Jim Carrey. Then sure enough, you mentioned Williams at the end. These guys can't shut off the character. Every word has to be from the mouth of the possessed comic ventriloquist's dummy. 
MG Golf has a ball that produces the same or better spin characteristics as a Pro V1 for $20/dozen new. A few days after I heard about this ball, I found one playing, finished the round with it, it performed quite well.
Been reading the Directed Force putter thread and I was in my local golf club fitting/demo section and ran across the craziest looking putter I've ever seen. They had four different Cure Putters RX1 and RX2. Looks like you can adjust the lie angle and then lock it in place. If you are not too flat, the putter will stand by itself, like the putter Dr. J used to promote. Hit a few putts and it felt pretty good. I was thinking about checking one out for a few days demo but...