or Connect

Posts by jaragon126

As one of the other posters mentioned: The tendency for me was to focus is on improving statistics versus playing my game.  I kept lots of statistics to see where my game was failing ... and during the time that I kept stats, my handicap was about 3.5 strokes worse than what I am at now.  After I stopped keeping stats, I played better ... in my opinion I was too concerned with all the numbers rather than just playing & recording my score alone.   For me, I can...
Ya motteler, that's precisely the problem ... the high handicappers get all the skins money because once in a great while they shoot well on a hole that they get a bunch of strokes on.  It's all I can do to keep the skins carrying over to the next hole by matching their scores.  But once they par a hole while getting 2 strokes, it's all over.   Our league only does gross & net skins, so at the moment I just keep dumping my money into the gross skins games & let the...
Question for Yanks & Ben, Do you guys get to play alot of golf? I spoke with the Golf Pro at the course I caddie at, and he RARELY gets to play golf at all (maybe 1-2 times a month) because of the busy work schedule.
Well, first season of being a caddie was awesome, and the start of season 2 is approaching quickly! I think I over-analyzed things in the beginning, the members of the course definitely know their way around the course and rarely (if at all) ask course management questions. Most of what I do is watch where the ball goes, fix divots/rake bunkers, clean clubs/ball, and hold the flagstick while on the putting green. About half the people I caddie for have distance...
kingofcars08: I'd be interested in knowing what you make as a full time caddie (if you don't mind sharing).  I'm a part time caddie, but would love to make it full time if the money was close to my regular salary.  There's a guy at my course who started out as an assistant pro & saw that the money was much better as a caddie (and much more time for golfing), so he's been a full time caddie for about 8 years now.  I couldn't get up the nerve to ask him what his yearly...
Just started my 2nd year of being a part time caddie (I work a regular job during the week, and usually caddie one day on the weekend).  I'm currently an "A" level caddie now, so my rates are $40 per bag (mandatory) plus any type of tip.  I usually make about $20 in tips for a total of $60/bag, sometimes more, sometimes less.  So our club's caddies don't work COMPLETELY for tips, which is nice.   New this year is the ability for "A" caddies to double bag (the rate...
I am a bit more aggressive if I get into a slump.  If something in particular is failing me, I go practice that specific thing until it's no longer a weakness.  I would devote maybe a solid week on it to see if I could get through the slump, and if not then I'd go right to a lesson.  My lesson pro is spectacular so I don't go through too much headache to try fixing something myself before going to him.
I work VERY part time as a caddie at one of the courses here in town (I have a regular full time job during the week & I caddie for a day on the weekends) ... so I don't know if I "qualify" for working at a course or resort.   The benefits we get are free golf on Mondays (if there are no corporate events going on), discounted merch in the golf shop, and new this year are discounted group lessons from the caddie master/assistant golf pro.  There's also an end-of-year...
I bet money they spend 29 minutes of your 30-minute session trying to get you to buy lesson packages. I would take that $40 you would spend at GolfTec and pay a golf pro at an actual course & get a half hour lesson from him. But, lots of other ppl have had good things to say about GolfTec, so if you're interested in them, spend the $40 & see if you like them or not. If you have your 30-minute session with them & you realize that it's all a sales pitch, you can always...
Thanks for the info RicoLi. I decided to go with a laser rangefinder. I tried a few of the Blackberry GPS apps on the phone & many were much less than stellar so I decided to go with a laser. Plus I had a hookup & was able to get the laser for about half price!