or Connect

Posts by shootaglock

You assume there is a starter. The two municipal courses that I have played don't have starters. You just line up and play. To be honest, it usually goes pretty smooth.
Oxmoor valley is close to me. 2 18 hole courses and a par 3. I played one of the full courses last fall. Very nice. Havent been back b/c I play with my teenage son. Two expensive for me having to pay for two. Maybe for a birthday etc. Oak Mt. Is the only State Park I have played. Is Gunntersville worth the two hour+ drive? I have been toldmthe other park courses arent in that good of a shape.
I live in the suburbs outside B'ham, AL. Counting public and private, there are over 25 courses withing a 30 minute drive of my house. I just spent a few minutes counting on my fingers to say that. You can't drive down the road around here and spit out the window without hitting a golf course. 25 is a conservative/quick count. Sure it is well over 30 if I took the time to write 'em down. Half of these are country clubs where I doubt I will ever have a chance to play. I...
Wow!?!? I think I woke this thread up after almost a year b/c of a couple of confrontations I had over a six month period at the local municipal where you have no choice businessman to Leavenworth encourage to go to the bathroom and grab a beer (the beer getting takes less of Han a minute so doesnt change anything.) I was trying to figure out etiquette and have come to the conclusion that it will just work itself out at this course. I will be polite and just work it out...
It has been 36 years. By far the longest stretch without a TC winner. They seem to come in spurts.   It would be good for the sport. Most people could care less about horse racing in general, but they get exited about these three races. Winning any one of them is a big achievement.   I think it is not a matter of easier, rather slightly more possible.
The triple crown has always been a very difficult accomplishment. It has never been easy. It takes a one in a billion horse. Physically and heart wise.   There is no way to know if the win was b/c of a different track length, conditions, etc. etc. What is known is that the time between the races is a negative for those horses running in all three. It just isn't enough time for them to fully recover to top form.   That is what I would like to know. Which is the best...
There needs to be more time between the last two races. Don't blame the other owners for working the system, but the system needs to be adjusted to the times if the Triple Crown is going to ever be viable again. The nature of breeding and conditioning has changed, so the system should adjust. Or either quit pushing the triple crown.
Not saying I haven't used the "natural facilities", but there are a couple of issues with it. One, public urination is illegal. Two, not very convenient when there are women sprinkled in the surrounding groups on a wide open course. Most courses in my area have plenty of convenient places to hide. Not so on the muni that I am talking about.
I assume most on this forum are serious and better than average golfers. (At least they are on the internet ) Speaking as someone that is new to the game, hitting every ball as it lies, marking down every stroke, etc. etc. can be so frustrating it is demoralizing. I wound up playing through the front 9 with what I would consider a very good golfer last summer when I had been playing golf for less than 2 months. Of the 7 holes we played together, he had a couple of...
Just started playing less than a year ago. So a different spin on this topic. What about taking a leak. At the nicer public courses in our area, going to the bathroom and grabbing a beer at the turn hasn't been an issue. I have gotten the feel that anlittlem juggling of order is expected/accepted at the turn. Our local municipal course has been the issue. Signs advertise to call ahead to the grill. There are no bathrooms ANYWHERE on the course. Only the clubhouse. If you...