or Connect

Posts by Cody Book

@Dave325 You won't be dissapointed. If you want you could also go to http://thesandtrap.com/t/82891/my-swing-cody-book which I have 2 of my lessons posted there at the bottom if you wanted to see what they were like. Also it wouldn't be a bad idea to start your own myswing thread and post your videos. It will create a little bit of a journal for you.   One last thing, do make sure you download the videos as they do disappear after 30-days.
I'm using Evolvr as well, the coach that I'm working with has been very helpful. Showing examples of what he is talking about right next to my swing on video. They also draw lines. One thing I think they can improve on is telling the student what they are doing well or things about there swing that is excellent. I've just started with them a month ago and a few times I've heard you do something really well, but right now we are going to focus on weight forward.   I don't...
Do you mind posting a video of your swing? I work better with visuals then with descriptions of what is going on. Have you found you lost a lot of accuracy or was it a marginal loss.
So I've been searching around for reviews of these Irons, I have used google and the search on here, I might have missed a thread or two but I haven't been able to find a real good review on them.   From my understanding they have a higher bounce from 3-pw then most companies, is this better for full swing? I know there is a lot on the wedges and putters on here but not much on the Iron front.     I'm in the planning stages of getting new irons where I want to get...
Thought someone would have posted this artical by now. I thought it was a good read.   http://www.forbes.com/sites/larryolmsted/2014/04/15/10890/
A little background first.   I started out weighing around 220lbs @ 25% body fat and for the first 7 months I didn't change what I ate. I didn't step into a gym and last more then the first week until this year. I started going twice a week with a personal trainer on December 30th of 2014. Using the Bench Press, Squats, and Deadlifts as progress benchmarks, I couldn't bench 135lbs and was at about 185lbs on the deadlift and 215lbs on my squat. That's where I started....
I guess some people would say I'm on a diet but I like to think of it more of a lifestyle change. Here is a run down of my day. With the chicken and turkey burger(which is usually cheaper and healthier then regular burger) I do some Franks Buffalo sauce and Sauce is the boss BBQ.   Totals Calories 2500 -2700 200-220 grams of protein 60-80 g of fat 200-220 g of carbohydrates   Meal 1   5 egg whites and 1 whole egg with cheese on top. 1/4 cup of oats   3 strips of...
Yep the video is working now!   I would suggest working on keeping a steady head. It's key number 1 for the 5 Simple Keys. A quick search will turn up a lot of threads about that and drills.   http://thesandtrap.com/t/83911/tsts-greatest-hits-instruction-threads   The link above is a great place to start.
You can develop slow-twitch/fast-twitch muscles, you are not born with one or the other. You take the NFL lineman and ask him how many hours he practiced in peewees, midgets, highschool, college, professional career. It will mount to most of his life. That amount of athleticism he has is directly related to how much time and effort he put into it.   Labron James would be LJ if he didn't practice harder then anyone else on the court, he has said that.
Also if we are talking about natural talent, who has it? Show me someone who naturally just picked up a club and was able to knock it right where they wanted it. I don't really believe in natural talent. Go across any sport and look who is at the top. I bet it's the person who put in more practice with a coach, then someone who just decided one day hump I'm actually really good I should play on the PGA.