or Connect

Posts by Lilfrier

I'm iffy on Madden, because the A.I. is completely inept for online play. If you're doing MUT Seasons (which I am off-and-on with solo MUT stuff), there are too many folks who can exploit the bad defensive A.I. If you have a mobile QB, a play-action pass where you send guys deep then run with the QB is hard to defend, mostly because the game won't let you switch to a defender to charge the QB.   I played the Destiny beta and passed. The social/MMO aspects of the game are...
I never hit the 825s, though I was considering them. I ended up going with the Mizuno EZs myself. What's your price range on a set of irons? I'm just wondering what has you looking at the 825s, but not the EZs or the brand-new 850s, since you mentioned the $1,000 price tag (my EZs were just under $800 post-tax for the 3H-PW, with a switch to a graphite shaft on the hybrid). I'm honestly not a good golfer, and I just got back into playing this year, after not going out...
I'd probably say my 3 Wood. I got a Callaway X Hot 3 Deep because I'm not fond of drivers, which I use off the tee. I've gotten to the point where the distance isn't consistent (I'll hit it anywhere from 150 to 200 yards), but I've got a fairly-consistent trajectory (finishes pretty hard to the right), so I have a reasonable idea of how to aim my shots with it. Meanwhile, with most of my clubs, I don't have the big, late break on shots, but I don't hit them as...
I actually want a Vokey Indigo wedge myself (I love the look), but $145 is too much after I've already spent $800+ on clubs this year. That said, if I knew I wanted two wedges, I don't think I'd care much for getting fitted and getting a couple of clubs I liked the look and feel of. If I had to choose between fitted clubs I kind of liked and non-fitted I really liked, I'd go with that.   If you really like the Mac Daddy or the Vokey a lot, get whichever you feel like you...
The last golf-related stuff I got was some plastic tees and a bag of 2-dozen Wilson golf balls (for my friend, who hadn't golfed in a long time, as I wanted a cheap bunch because I knew he'd lose several) from Wal-Mart. The day before that, I grabbed some FootJoy shoes because I ruined my everyday shoes (which were 2.5 years old) playing golf and wanted to get some actual golf shoes instead of ruining my next pair of regular shoes.
I picked up some yellow Slazenger balls a couple of weeks ago, but haven't played them yet. I was out of golf balls (used up my last 6, hadn't purchased any sleeves since I started playing again). I haven't gotten to try them out. I wanted to get some orange, but didn't see any on-sale while I was out, and a "quality" ball doesn't mean as much to a crappy golfer as a "cheap" one, because I know I'll burn through them (lost 7 last time out). I bought them because a couple...
So, to kinda-of bring this back, I got a round in with my Mizunos, and I really like them. I'm not sure on the hybrid just yet, as I only had about 3 hits with it. I definitely need to get that second wedge though, and the 45-degree PW doesn't work well from just off the green (ran a lot of short shots to the back or off entirely).   Right now though, I'm really honing in on getting a new fairway wood. Like I mentioned, I'm not a driver person. I picked up a $15 3+ wood...
I got a Wii U a few weeks ago because of the ridiculous trade offer Target had going on (got the Wii U with 2 games, plus 2 remotes, all for under $150). I got it to co-op with my sister and brother-in-law when I'm at their house. We've almost beaten New Super Mario Bros. U, just have to go back for the big coins and do the extra level, then we can do the shorter Super Luigi U. I'm thinking about picking up MK8 because I'd get the $12 off at Best Buy, plus they have a deal...
My dad had paid for a pre-order for it as part of my graduation gift. It was $65. I decided to cancel the pre-order and get the money back in store credit. I then spent $60 of that on Best Buy's Gamers Club Unlocked membership (no tax is charged on it). The GCU membership gives you $20 off new games for 2 years. So, I got Watch Dogs for $48, not $60. It came out to $52 after tax, and I used the $5 left from the pre-order to get it to $47 out of my pocket for the...
 I don't think I've ever done that with a game before--at least, not that I can remember. It's just that I'll almost get my cost back in trade-in, and I wouldn't play Watch Dogs until the DLC started coming, so I might as well trade it in--I could use the credit to get something like Tropical Freeze or MK8.