or Connect

Posts by 2rakez

Favorite (no order): Rickie Fowler Gary Woodland Steve Stricker   Most disliked (no order): Bubba Watson Ian Poulter Webb Simpson
I respectfully disagree with you on that. Tiger has ALWAYS had a noticeable "dip" in his swing. At certain points in his career it has been more pronounced than others, but I have never seen any correlation whatsoever between that and how well he plays. If he tried to get rid of it, not only would he lose some power, but he would also be changing an aspect of his swing that has been a constant throughout his entire career and every single swing change he's ever made....
Well it's hilarious to me because Brandel is, in my opinion, completely missing the boat on what's causing Tiger to struggle and is just trying to find something random to nitpick about his swing so that he has something to talk about. But in reality the increased lateral bend (same thing as what some people call secondary tilt) is a good thing for Tiger's swing and also protects the back more and if there is a mechanical flaw in his swing right now, that certainly is not...
  Brandel with some (hilarious) insight as to why Tiger struggled so much today
Never mind guys, I found it.  Evidently it is actually called the pre-set drill, which makes sense    All it took was a simple google search of "golf preset drill" and I got this video as the third result: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKHCGNT-hPw   While I pretty much stumbled upon and figured out this drill on my own from watching Fowler's and Horschel's preshot routines, what I've been doing is exactly what is described by Faldo in the video, as well as what Paula...
Thanks for all the responses so quickly.  Since there doesn't seem to be a definitive name for it, I'm just going to call it the preset drill from now on because I used "preset" in my original post to describe the position used in it and "preset drill" just rolls off the tongue nicely 
The drill i'm referring to is the one that Paula Creamer is using in this video. She presets her arms/hands so that the club is parallel to both the ground and target line while maintaining her address posture and then completes the swing from that position after a short pause:   Billy Horschel and Rickie Fowler also rehearse that same position as part of their preshot routines on most shots   I've started using this both as a drill and as part of my preshot routine...
Pretty bad decision in my opinion.  Foley's other students have the best swings on tour right now and I think the only thing holding Tiger back from being on par with Rose or Mahan was his injuries
I'm in