or Connect

Posts by InTheRough

2 hybrid--not sure about the loft but its an adams idea tech v3---it is my go to club for a lot of situations in a round. i can hit it off the tee if my driver or 3 wood aren't working that day, i can use it to pop the ball out if i am in the trees, i can hit it high enough to stop on a green or use it to get a low running shot along the fairway or if i need to go under trees, and i can hit it straight or hit it with a draw.   i also like my wedges but i can interchange...
haha...my terrible math skills aside i still hold that anything below an 84-85 is good enough to warrant moving back and once you start getting into the 94 and up range you might want to consider moving up.  Keep in mind that i am just thinking of this as a guideline that is easier to understand and quantify then how good of a ball striker they are or what their FIR percentage is
Should the top 10% be the only ones playing the tips then?  The average handicap in golf is about 16 (last i heard) so for an average difficulty course you could expect a slightly better than average golfer to shoot anywhere from 80-85
Isnt that the whole point behind the TIF program.  The majority of golfers are playing from tees that are too long for them.  I'm looking to take the distance out of the equation because who cares if you can stripe it 260 every time if double and triple bogey every whole.  By arranging it by score it doesnt matter if you are hitting 250 or 200 with the driver...its all about the score
After reading through the Tee It Forward thread I would like to pose a new question to put a more tangible solution to the problem...when to move it back a tee?  Right now the TIF program has guidelines for players based on how far they hit their driver but when you mention driver distance to golfers there is too much guessing and a lot of players who decide to play the tips because they "can get it out to 300 on a good shot".  So my thought is to change the program to...
I actually saw something about Rory's swing on TV earlier today which said that Rory hits the ball so far because he extends his arms away from his body giving him a longer swing arc giving him more clubhead speed and effectively giving him the swing arc of someone taller than his 5'10 stature.  That means that being taller does give you an advantage as long as you can control it as well as Rory.     At a high enough level in most sports being tall does matter...a...
than what is the point of having the moving ball?  if you know exactly where it is going to be then why not just have it on a tee or laying in the same spot because all you would be working on is how well you can time your swing to an incoming ball which is a situation that you will never see on a golf course. The bold part is just tempo which is unique to every golfer--some go fast and some go slow but as long as it is smooth and controllable who cares?
Similar to Patch i also played college baseball (i was a pitcher in college but did quite a bit of hitting practice even if i didnt get many at bats during a season) and i can say that this almost certainly say that a moving target is always more difficult to hit than a stationary one---that is why professional and college baseball players hit balls off of a tee so much and especially when working on grooving their swing. Also if you hit a moving golf ball you are risking...
voted no though this does seem like an interesting idea---i think the issue is really speed of play rather than handicap so maybe group people by pace and if you are a slower group make it clear that you need to be letting people through.  might even work as a suggestion for members of clubs though almost certainly not for a public course. i would actually enjoy being grouped with some people at a similar skill level to me--as long as they like to play at a similar speed...
I'm a little confused by this post.  It seems like the best course of action would have been for you to mention something to them when they hit into you.  Especially if there are a lot of blind tee shots they might not have known that their shots were coming close to your group and as for the long drives hitting the green maybe a "good drive but can you just make sure that we are off the green and out of your range before you tee off so you guys dont accidentally hit us,...