or Connect

Posts by InTheRough

Kinda interesting seeing how the opinions on this topic seem to have gotten much more passionate since this thread started back in '06.  I voted for the pamphlet/booklet idea since it would be easy to administer and even though i'm sure a lot of people would discard them at least a few would spend the time to read it and maybe learn something new about etiquette and course upkeep which they could then pass on to someone who decided to just throw it away.  i have gotten...
I have spent quite a bit of time in my colleges training room for various injuries and can say that icing an injury makes a big difference in recovery time even just to improve muscle recovery times (that is why pitches ice their arms after they pitch and to keep the pain down).  I'm not sure where the writer of that blog got their info but swelling of an injury can actually do more harm than good to the healing process.  The general purpose of the swelling of an injury...
fair enough...maybe not the baseline however 30-60 feet outside of a baseball field's fenced in area is very common and just as easily hit.  what about a fan that gets hit by a foul ball at a little league game? do you sue the kid for hitting the foul ball and expect him or her to pay for damages, or do you expect the spectator to have thier own set of morals and take responsibility for being in an area where they could have been hit by a ball?
you are actually very wrong about this here.  I have played on many baseball fields where houses are very close to the field and well within normal foul ball or home run balls.  I think you are absolving the home owner of a little too much in these situations.  While it is certainly not their fault that their house got hit, they are certainly responsible for buying a house on a golf course in range of an errant drive. i've actually done some research into this topic...
though the war on drugs is certainly causing a lot of the violence surrounding drugs i think you are discounting the potential problems that would follow a complete legalization of drugs by making them more available and more widely used.  though alcohol is now legal there are still a ton of issues surrounding it like alcoholism, and drunk driving that are killing quite a lot of people each year and driving up the cost of healthcare.  Legalizing drugs would most likely...
It has more to do with the image of the organization than anything else.  The conduct of a companies employees or an organizations members reflect upon the company or organization and if it puts them in a negative light then it is usually not good for the bottom line.  I dont particularly care either way about a person who uses recreational drugs and i dont think using drugs make someone a bad person but companies also have the freedom to decide what type of person works...
2 hybrid--not sure about the loft but its an adams idea tech v3---it is my go to club for a lot of situations in a round. i can hit it off the tee if my driver or 3 wood aren't working that day, i can use it to pop the ball out if i am in the trees, i can hit it high enough to stop on a green or use it to get a low running shot along the fairway or if i need to go under trees, and i can hit it straight or hit it with a draw.   i also like my wedges but i can interchange...
haha...my terrible math skills aside i still hold that anything below an 84-85 is good enough to warrant moving back and once you start getting into the 94 and up range you might want to consider moving up.  Keep in mind that i am just thinking of this as a guideline that is easier to understand and quantify then how good of a ball striker they are or what their FIR percentage is
Should the top 10% be the only ones playing the tips then?  The average handicap in golf is about 16 (last i heard) so for an average difficulty course you could expect a slightly better than average golfer to shoot anywhere from 80-85
Isnt that the whole point behind the TIF program.  The majority of golfers are playing from tees that are too long for them.  I'm looking to take the distance out of the equation because who cares if you can stripe it 260 every time if double and triple bogey every whole.  By arranging it by score it doesnt matter if you are hitting 250 or 200 with the driver...its all about the score