or Connect

Posts by InTheRough

this is the exact reason I've been thinking of picking up a (very) cheap used set of blade-like clubs and giving then a try.  I've noticed that on a lot of holes the safest place to miss is short, even if you are off line,  since you will still be playable.  Also one of my points of focus for this year is ball striking and having the extra feedback mishits could be useful
Depending on conditions i'm going with my 3hy (~220 carry)  or 3W(~230-235 carry) and aiming at the right edge of that bunker.  This leaves a flip shot with my GW, SW, or LW again depending on conditions and pin placement. This strategy also gives me room for error off of the tee--slightly short is ok, left is ok though maybe in the bunker, unless i push it way right (which is one of my misses at the moment) i should be ok on the right and going long actually gives you a...
my bad...typo go take another look at his stats.  in 2014 (the year after he was suspended) he had the best season of his career including the only season he's had over a .300 average.  Also never said he was a great player...just another example of a player who has had a better season after they got caught on PEDsDont remember too much about the details of the whole bonds debacle other than it was a giant mess but the MLB didnt need a failed drug test from the players.  ...
that's still quite a leap to make though.  taking PEDs may make you more susceptible to injury but saying that because he is getting injured he must have taken PEDs is a bit much.  
ummmm...got some bad news for you on this theory of yours...how about Nelson Cruz, Jhonny Peralta, Fancisco Cervelli, and Ryan Braun (who has already been mentioned). Nelson Cruz actually had the best year of his career last year and was named MVP the season AFTER he was suspended for 50 games for PED use in 2013. Also, are you really saying that you believe that Tiger has "definitely" taken steroids because he keeps getting hurt?(thats what I'm assuming you are saying...
I'll believe it when someone is able to offer hard evidence. Olsen was just spouting nonsense;  he would never say what kind of drugs tiger took only that he heard it through the grapevine that something "big" was going on.  Then he launched into how the PGA was basically covering up what he was doing which will keep his conspiracy alive forever.   Also does Olsen really expect everyone to believe that Nike was doing something fishy with their balls for Tiger that he was...
The point is that the umpires are as much a part of the game as the players.  You can play to an umpire as much as you can play an opponent.   The fact that it is possible to automate a strike zone doesn't mean that you should because it removes a fundamental part of the game.  MLB teams have a file on every umpire in the league just like they have a file on every pitcher and hitter.   I do agree with you both however that giving the coaches challenges to balls and strikes...
I wish i could vote NO a hundred times on this.  I played the game my entire life and was a pitcher in college and can say that Baseball is as much a mental battle between the pitcher, hitter, and umpire as it is a physical battle.  Baseball is a sport with a human element which adds a different dynamic to the game, and adding technology fundamentally changes the game and not for the better.
I don't think there is any problem with courses being built long.  If there are players out there who get the most out of the game by playing 7,000 + yard courses then why do they have to be limited to shorter tracks so shorter hitters don't feel bad about playing shorter tees.  A lot of golfers just need an ego check and need to learn that there is nothing wrong with moving up a set of tees to make the game more fun.  That is the whole point behind having multiple sets of...
Unfortunately, at this point, no matter what a top level athlete looks like or how hard they work there will always be speculation that they used some form of PEDs to get there.  Because these PEDs exist and there have been so many cases of superstar athletes using them there are always going to be people that are quick to assume that all top athletes must be using them.  Guilty by association is more than enough for them....sad