or Connect

Posts by InTheRough

The point is that the umpires are as much a part of the game as the players.  You can play to an umpire as much as you can play an opponent.   The fact that it is possible to automate a strike zone doesn't mean that you should because it removes a fundamental part of the game.  MLB teams have a file on every umpire in the league just like they have a file on every pitcher and hitter.   I do agree with you both however that giving the coaches challenges to balls and strikes...
I wish i could vote NO a hundred times on this.  I played the game my entire life and was a pitcher in college and can say that Baseball is as much a mental battle between the pitcher, hitter, and umpire as it is a physical battle.  Baseball is a sport with a human element which adds a different dynamic to the game, and adding technology fundamentally changes the game and not for the better.
I don't think there is any problem with courses being built long.  If there are players out there who get the most out of the game by playing 7,000 + yard courses then why do they have to be limited to shorter tracks so shorter hitters don't feel bad about playing shorter tees.  A lot of golfers just need an ego check and need to learn that there is nothing wrong with moving up a set of tees to make the game more fun.  That is the whole point behind having multiple sets of...
Unfortunately, at this point, no matter what a top level athlete looks like or how hard they work there will always be speculation that they used some form of PEDs to get there.  Because these PEDs exist and there have been so many cases of superstar athletes using them there are always going to be people that are quick to assume that all top athletes must be using them.  Guilty by association is more than enough for them....sad
I'm going to go ahead and and say no on this one.  There are too many people that have been very close to Tiger throughout the years that hate him now for it not to have come out.  
interesting that brings up some good points.  Baseball has definitely lost some ground in lower income America but i think that has more to do with sports like football and basketball getting more popular in those areas drawing the younger kids to those sports over baseball.  Because of this the MLB as decided to invest its money more into the central american countries where the kids have basically devoted their lives to the sport.  What is more likely to turn into a...
    these statements and the statistics that they are based on are misleading.   On average a pro going for a par 5 in 2 gives them a better chance of making birdie but that doesnt necessarily mean that a pro going for it on this particular shot in these particular conditions gives them a better chance for making birdie. Yes if JB had gone for it and hit the green or been in a good position to get up and down he would have had a much better chance at making the birdie but...
JB Holmes laid up in the playoff hole and made birdie
i think JB made the right decision for the situation. He had an uncomfortable distance from an uncomfortable lie with trouble short and long.  I get that the numbers say that pros are much better off going for it in 2 but statistics gathered over many shots in many different conditions don't matter when you have to make one shot in specific conditions right then and there.   Looking at the situation from a different prospective; if he lays up to a comfortable distance he...
good to hear its blown over but it sounds like someone at Nike decided that they needed to do some damage control fast when they realized how many views his videos get each week and that he is very active on social media and very outspoken.  Gained a bit of respect for Crossfield since he didnt back down from a manufacturer trying to bully him and sway his reviews.  Still disappointed in Nike's initial response---definitely turned me off to their company