or Connect

Posts by InTheRough

From what i've read on this the players are still allowed to hand things to fans or flip them into the first row, they just cant launch things into the stands where people will jump and scramble all over each other to get them.  It will still be a fun hole to watch even if we don't get to see Phil's QB skills again.   I would also like to venture a guess that Bubba was the one who wrote "are you kidding me" on the notice.  Seems like exactly what he would say when he...
 i would say that someone who says this is working on controlling their emotions.  To me, having a strong mental game means that person can control their emotions during play. That could mean not flipping out when they miss a 3 foot putt causing them to double bogey the next 2 holes, not getting anxious when they realize that they are on pace to beat their personal best score, or not getting flustered when you are 1 stroke back with 2 to play.   I know discussing the...
So instead of making the pros up their game a little by making the rough a bit longer and fairways a bit tighter which would create a lot more risk/reward choices for players, you want the PGA and USGA just to say: "Nope, you aren't allowed to hit the ball far anymore"?  Not every course (or any course for that matter) needs to go to the extreme that Merion was in 2013(if you recall there was rain that entire week meaning they couldn't mow the grass at all leading up to...
How about instead of making courses longer or limiting the tech in golf balls they make the courses a little tougher by lengthening the rough and keeping the greens firm and fast. Everyone thought that the pros would destroy Merion because it was too short but the winning score ended up being +1. We dont need 8,000+ yard courses or tech limitations (do you really want to see Rory and Bubba only be able to hit it 260?) they just need to make the current courses a little...
URL: http://www.gamegolf.com/player/JB89 Username:JB89 Real Name: JB
 I have played on a few days this winter in the low to mid 30s.  On those days i expect to lose around a half a club with irons and about 10 yards on a driver and don't expect any roll out because the ground is usually wet(its actually a good way to measure carry distance with the longer clubs since the ball ends up within a yard of where it lands).  I also found that a slightly softer ball helps in the winter.
i was very guilty of this when i started golfing to the point where i could see the clubhead with my left eye in my backswing with a pitching wedge.  Took a few lessons and found out that this overswing was pushing me out onto my toes causing me to shank irons and hit drivers and fairway woods out of the heel losing me considerable distance. I shortened my backswing (to parallel at the top) and was able to make much more consistent contact with all of my clubs.  It felt...
not exactly what you asked but why not add another wedge between the 9i and 52*?  With the distances you get with your driver and hybrid how often do you really find yourself at 240 yards from a green?  Precise distance gapping is much more important for approaches to a green when 10 yards too long or short could mean missing the green or ending up in a bunker. Hitting off of the tee you have a little more room to play with because you are aiming for a fairway so it is...
Masters: Rory US : Spieth Open: Rory PGA: Fowler   ...going to be the year of the young guns
100% agree.  that's why i voted that they are about the same.  If you have a good instructor then they are probably going to give the student similar or the same advice online as in person because the student's swing flaws are going to be the same regardless of the teaching method (just an assumption...please correct me if i am off base with that).  Therefore it is more a case of how good the student is at learning/understanding what is being taught rather than what the...