or Connect

Posts by InTheRough

100% agree.  that's why i voted that they are about the same.  If you have a good instructor then they are probably going to give the student similar or the same advice online as in person because the student's swing flaws are going to be the same regardless of the teaching method (just an assumption...please correct me if i am off base with that).  Therefore it is more a case of how good the student is at learning/understanding what is being taught rather than what the...
Obviously i am only one person so the sample size is pretty small but i have personally put the accuracy vs. distance to the test this season.   Originally I would almost always tee off with a 3W unless it was a wide open fairway  because i believed that i was more accurate with it and since i get good distance on my clubs that i would benefit more from playing in the fairway rather than whatever lie my driver would leave me.  Recently i have switched to automatically...
kind of an interesting question.  I have never taken online lessons but thinking about the couple of lessons that i have taken in person i can imagine that it could be frustrating if the drill or swing thought that the online pro gives you doesnt click right away because with nobody there to guide your practice it could be difficult to know if you are doing it right.  I would have to agree with @Golfingdad that it is very much up to the student whether they get anything...
Yes it does.  Thanks! So i guess the next question is whether the PGA average numbers match up with the preferences from the original post is there anything there that the pros do that stands out as different? 
@iacas really interesting thread!  Any way you could do something like this around launch monitor numbers?  Obviously everyone is a little bit different but would it be possible to put something together on what kind of numbers you would be looking to produce (based around an average speed swing) for things like launch angle, spin, peak height...etc for driver, 3 wood, 4i, 6i, 8i, and pw?  Could be useful to know what is too spinny/not spinning enough, too low, or...
Pitchers.  no doubt.  I was a pitcher for my college baseball team and have recently picked up golf and many of the motions are very similar and the muscles used are also very similar.  Pitchers and golfers need to have a strong lower body and be explosive with a highly coordinate action to generate power while maintaining pinpoint accuracy.  The mental side of things is also very similar...you need to make a good pitch/golf shot with a high level of accuracy and you need...
this hole looks like a lot of fun...very much a risk/reward type of hole.  i would go driver off the tee aiming for the fairway to the right of the bunker.  How the driver shot ends up would determine the next shot.  In the bunker or to the left of it i will lay up because i wouldnt want to try to hook a long iron or hybrid that much into that small of a green.   if i am on the right side of the fairway with a clear shot into the green and within 220 i would go for it....
the fact that they are rubber doesnt really mean anything...they are probably 45 lbs each plus the one on the ends which is probably 35 lbs.  they are rubber so you can drop them during certain lifts without destroying the floor and they are about twice as thick as an iron plate because rubber isnt as heavy....still a decent amount of weight either way though
Probably even higher than that...it looks closer to 385-390...sounds like a ton of weight but it is surprisingly achievable for someone that regularly does leg lifts.  Most people just forget to do anything other than chest and biceps when they are in the gym 
Got it...thanks for clarifying