or Connect

Posts by gg1987

Thanks for all the comments everyone! Jakester, I'm right handed and the ball usually starts down the target line but hooks to the left pretty much right away. I think i may have developed too much of an inside swing path (perhaps because I'm too laid off at the top), which is resulting in a closed club face at impact. I'll dedicate some time on the range to see if i can work it out. If it continues to give me problems, then I'll probably just gift the driver to a golf...
I just bought a new driver (Cleveland classic xl 10.5 degree with Miyazaki B. Asha 4 stiff shaft). I had previously been using the classic sl290 with a regular shaft (Miyazaki C. Kua)--but was struggling with control (ballooning high fades or snap hooks). That being said, over the course of last season I seemed to adapt (somewhat) to the quirks of using a regular shaft, but was hoping to get more consistency with a new club. My swing speed is about 105. My performance...
Thanks for the advice! When I hit it 230 it's about 210 with 20 yards of roll (perhaps I'm de-lofting the club too much?). I'll play around with ball positioning and see if that does the trick.
I hit my 6 iron around 185-190 yards, depending on the day. For whatever reason, my 5 iron ranges from 190 yards to 230... and my resulting lack of confidence has yielded a serious loss of control. I need a club that I can reliably use for those longer par 3's. Contemplating a 5 hybrid or maybe a 7 wood. Would love any suggestions.