or Connect

Posts by Aflighter

Wow.You thought of something I just thought of weeks ago after having too many doubles,triples when all I needed to do was shoot around 82 in multi day tourney.I had this idea of making a longer course play shorter by cutting 20-30 yards off each hole by laying up short of hole.Takes pressure off of trying to hit green and the usual trouble around it.Keep the ball just short of green in fairway and just chip on and at worst 2 putt for a bogey.Some holes you should chip...
I personally believe that divots should be played as free drop nearest relief because the course is not designed or meant to be played  out of divots in fairways.I stated in a previous rule about being able to tap down spike marks left by other golfers on green as like I said the green wasn't meant to be played by others making changes to it even though no on purpose.The only problem with a rule for divots is sometimes how would you know if its a half grown in divot or...
I have always wondered whats the deal about golf clubs not allowing denim.Personally I don't understand why anyone would even want to wear jeans playing golf when something lighter and not as constricting works better when swinging.The only time I could see use of jeans is in the winter when its cold and jeans will keep you warmer.I think maybe jeans are associated with lower class and golf was created as a higher class game.Imagine if we all had to play with a tie,button...
I know im 1 show late about this but did anyone else feel like Katy acted like a lil baby after being picked by Tess?She was pissed because tess picked her over a guy.What female is going to choose playing a male over a female?I know the women play shorter tee but I don't see any pro tours mixed sexes.
Its no problem man.I know when your reading something you never know exactly what someone means.I can only hit it 210-225 most of the time and anything over 6600 yards or so can be tough on my second shots but in the flighted tournys we play I am forced to play that certain tee unfortunately.I don't really have a problem with holes 6500-6700 most of the time because its usually only 2-5 holes that can be lil bit long on second shots and you just use course management to...
When your at myrtle beach and a ranger runs his mouth just ignore him and hell go away.They act like that sometimes because they are grumpy think they know it all.Ive seen that same thing happen a few times and you just shake your head and he rides on away to jump on another group.Some of them seem to be clueless and just want to feel like theyre above you.Never seen one get to a point where they would tell you to leave but if it went that far then maybe the group was...
 Im sorry but that's a pretty stupid thing to say and one of the arguments on this thread.A guy who cant hit it over 210 shouldn't being playing same tees as 250 guy?Really?All your basing tees on his how far they drive ball.That guy who hits it 250 might not hit other clubs or chip or putt as well as the guy hitting it 210 and loses to the shorter hitter.Tees played are based on handicap and not how fa you hit your driver.
I agree with everything you wrote there except number 1.Im only 41 and most of the time I only hit it 210-218 off tee with driver.I guess your right somewhat that most 70+ only hit it 210.I may be the most accurate driver there is as an amateur but may be because I cant hit if far no matter what I do.
Your exactly right and theres also one more important part.You look at guys likeTiger,Bubba,Phil,Rory and etc that are muscular and strong compared to a Toms.Say Toms hits it 310 but if hes in some longer thicker rough then hes gonna have more trouble getting out of it than a stronger guy.Theres a good reason Bubba has done really well at Augusta other than he shapes his shots a lot more that helps there.Augusta doesn't hardly have much rough and its just bombs away.Im...
It really depends on what your trying to accomplish and how well you strike the ball.Hitting the ball 270 plus compared to 220 or so doesn't mean jack if your ball striking isn't decent.If your trying to shoot par or under then distance is important but not if you cant chip or putt.An amateur that would be happy with a 76-82 score doesn't have to hit the ball more than 220 off the tee in fact it will keep big numbers off scorecard unless he just hits irons bad or cant...